NEurope
Atomic Boo

Wii Press Event: 22nd-23rd May

Starfox and F-Zero as well maybe? There may even be Galaxy info.

Yeah definitely, I'd love an online F-zero and a new starfox done by the original team.

Well, my personal source has confirmed that event is held 22th - 23th of May. What it does contain is open for speculation.

Nintendo definitely owe us some info right now. Because of the stock situation earlier in the year they were banned from making large announcements. All this time they have surely got plenty of new details that they can reveal anytime they feel like it.

Well, my personal source has confirmed that event is held 22 - 23 of May. What it does contain is open for speculation.

My speculation

- Disaster: Day of Crisis

- Project HAMMER (2 games we havent heard anything about since E3...well, we got a Disaster screenshot in November).

- Metroid Prime 3: Corrupiton (People can now reserve it in the US, so they should have some new stuff to show)

- Super Smash Bros Brawl (New info, to tie in with website re-launch)

- Big Brain Academy (It's apparantly due out soon)

- Mario Strikers Charged (The US only have a "summer" release date)

- Something else?

Super Mario Galaxy! And hopefully new channels like the Demo Channel, the Friend Code Channel, the Mii Popularity Channel, the Wii Health Channel and the Wii Music Channel.

the Wii Health Channel and the Wii Music Channel.

I thought they were games, not channels...

If we don't get a Super Paper Mario date soon, I'm gonna learn Japanese and localise it myself. It would be quicker after all!

Just a quick comparison

Halo 3: US - 25th Sept, Europe - 26th Sept

SPM: US - 9th Apr, Europe - 2007 maybe?

::shrug:

I thought they were games, not channels...

I thought the latest rumour was that they were downloadable. Not sure though.

I thought the latest rumour was that they were downloadable. Not sure though.

That was my understanding as well. To be honest, it would be better than fully fledged games - I don't expect either to have enough content to warrant a retail price tag.

Halo 3: US - 25th Sept, Europe - 26th Sept

If certain people haven't grasped it, Bungie isn't japanese company and Halo 3 isn't written first on japanese. Problem is simply that you can't start FIGS translation before you have complete english script, and because Nintendo's games are japanese, you need full english translation first. This is true to every japanese company, and Xbox 360 doesn't suffer from it because it doesn't really have games that originate from japan. Only Nintendo's prime-time game that has always seen nearly simultaneous release worlwide is Metroid Prime, and that is because FIGS translation can be done before game is finished.

If Nintendo wanted to, they could of had Super paper mario translated and ready for Europe by now. At the very worst out by June

There's been a couple of new announcements today, nothing groundbreaking but it is certainly clear that developers/publishers want to show some of their stuff.

If certain people haven't grasped it, Bungie isn't japanese company and Halo 3 isn't written first on japanese. Problem is simply that you can't start FIGS translation before you have complete english script, and because Nintendo's games are japanese, you need full english translation first. This is true to every japanese company, and Xbox 360 doesn't suffer from it because it doesn't really have games that originate from japan. Only Nintendo's prime-time game that has always seen nearly simultaneous release worlwide is Metroid Prime, and that is because FIGS translation can be done before game is finished.

I stand corrected - I assumed Japanese -> European languages was as simple English -> European languages. I didn't realise there was a third step.

Although still, what is FIGS? I thought you just made them into rolls ;)

Although still, what is FIGS? I thought you just made them into rolls ;)

FIGS = French, Italy, German, Spanish

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7563/1/Smash_Bros_and_Metroid_Prime_Wii_Press_Event

Nintendo Rumour | Smash Bros and Metroid Prime Wii Press Event

Quick News: We're filing this one under 'rumour' for now. According to a poster over at neoGAF, Nintendo will be holding a 'media summit' (read: press event) on May 22nd and May 23rd. Apparently we can expect some third party stuff along with loads of Nintendo goodness. News should start coming in at 6pm PST on the 22nd. We'd put money on it being related to Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime: Corruption. Time will tell.

Should be good!!

Well, as I said in my first post, If someone could PM me with all the news of this week id be very grateful.

News should start coming in at 6pm PST on the 22nd. We'd put money on it being related to Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime: Corruption. Time will tell.

Right, so who's staying up until 2am on the 23rd?

*Keeps hand on desk*

This 'Nintendo Media Summit' and all its secrecy is getting an E3-like vibe around it... I have a feeling they might hold the press conference everybody creams over each year right there.

Must not get hyped though.

Thing is, we've had so little information for so long that practically every thread on this board is filled with idle speculation and general chit-chat, for which this post barely qualifies for even that.

I wouldn't be surprised if DCK is right and the levels of internet rabidness (rabidity?) are as high as those for E3.

*Gets uncontrollably hyped*

Seeing as this event is confirmed I have just changed the thread title so we can keep all the talk about this event in this thread.

That ok with everyone?

Well looks like our work will be cut out for us.

The joy of having lots of news and handling a tournament :D

Should be fun under pressure.

Well looks like our work will be cut out for us.

The joy of having lots of news and handling a tournament :D

Should be fun under pressure.

You guys will do fine, if not we can always just fire you and get someone who can do the job :heh:

You guys will do fine, if not we can always just fire you and get someone who can do the job :heh:

Now that was cold :heh:

I will laugh when the other newsies need to handle E3 information when i'm on holiday :heh:

I'll think about you lot honest! I think I come back on the day it ends...

Some cool smash bros ideas that were posted in the thread. I think if those characters were included it will be so amazing. It'll be amazing anyway.

Could you also edit the title slightly, i know im fussy, but its not just the even, its everything of the whole week, because i bet there will be loads more news to report just before and after this pressd event.

So 'Wii Press event and other news' or something would be apt.