N-Europe

Dark Skies (90's Sci-fi)

Does anybody remember this?

Basically, it was a cult Sci-fi show, created in the 90's but set in the 1960's. The tagline of the show was "History, as we know it, is a lie."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Skies

One great part of the show was the historical factor. There were references to a multitude of events going on at the time, such as the Kennedy Assasination, Vietnam, The Beatles rising to fame, etc. The show managed to manipulate these events to fit the whole "Government Conspiracy" storyline, the underlying theme.

Anybody watch this?

Finally: Following fan campaigns for many years, Dark Skies will receive a complete series DVD boxset release in October 2007 (presumably for Region 1). Currently no news of DVD extras is known, although plenty of archive material is known to exist. [1]

\o/

If anybody remembers this, I'll be shocked.

It was one of those series that I actually managed to watch from start to end. Just prior to the series getting aired I was thumbing my way through the Majestic book.

The thing that I will never forget was the start of one of the episodes where it showed Jeri Ryans character as a child running into one of the greys in the woods whilst 'She's not there' was playing in the background.

The Brown Acid episode was well though out too

It was one of those series that I actually managed to watch from start to end. Just prior to the series getting aired I was thumbing my way through the Majestic book.

The thing that I will never forget was the start of one of the episodes where it showed Jeri Ryans character as a child running into one of the greys in the woods whilst 'She's not there' was playing in the background.

The Brown Acid episode was well though out too

That Jeri Ryan moment was absolutely awesome. Has to be one of the best clips from any show in the 90's. A bluddy awesome episode throughout, actually.

The only downside to this show was that it was cancelled, meaning there was no definite ending. Still very bitter about that. Especially given the special goings on in that last episode.

The only downside to this show was that it was cancelled, meaning there was no definite ending. Still very bitter about that. Especially given the special goings on in that last episode.

It's the way of the world, I've lost track of the shows I've loved that have been canceled after just one series. What makes it worse is all the tripe that runs for years just because it caters to the lowest common denominator.

Yeah Dark Skies was pretty decent stuff. I remember it was tapped into the X-Files hype of them days.

Dark Skies are upon us, but I dunno if I'd be bothered with it on DVD.

Speaking of shows that got axed - did anyone watch and like Farscape?

Speaking of shows that got axed - did anyone watch and like Farscape?

Yeah, at least that got more than one series though.

It's the ones that get canceled after just one series that piss me off the most, stuff like John Doe, Now and Again, Firefly, etc... All were really good shows and ended promising so much more, but we were robbed of seeing them realize their full potential.

Yeah, Farscapes what sprang to mind for me. It got a very abrupt ending! But atleast they eventually did an epic two parter to finish it all off in the end. Farscape had plenty of great ideas and whatnot going on in it, I couldnt believe they just pulled the plug on it.

I thought that Firefly thing was pretty well received? Its always sad to see a program go, even when it does get its proper non-axed ending.

Yeah, Farscapes what sprang to mind for me. It got a very abrupt ending! But atleast they eventually did an epic two parter to finish it all off in the end. Farscape had plenty of great ideas and whatnot going on in it, I couldnt believe they just pulled the plug on it.

I thought that Firefly thing was pretty well received? Its always sad to see a program go, even when it does get its proper non-axed ending.

Firefly was critically acclaimed but didn't have viewing figures, then Fox kept messing it around, moving it's timeslot, showing the pilot episode 2nd, never stood a chance :(