Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 05/06

Eddage

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going down to 10 men in itself is nothing glorious or credit to arsenal, however. It was a foul play by Lehmann and as a team arsenal are responsible for it.

I agree. Lehmann only has himself to blame for that.

I watched the match, and compared to last year's final this wasn't a great game.

As Ramar said, Arsenal were never going to win by sitting back for the rest of the game, which is what i think they intended to do. Maybe if Arsenal had broken the deadlock later in the game, then they might've had a better chance of winning? We can only guess.

Well I just got back and am knackered, should go to sleep soon I guess.

About all the 'who deserved to win' crap it doesn't matter who DESERVED it, its about who WON it, and Barcelona did. I agree that the ref was shocking and there was luck involved but at the end of the day its a cup final and all that matters is whether you win it or not.

Of course I'm a bit gutted, but the thing is it was already a fantastic achievement to of got there and just being there was something very special, despite the result. (Obviously if we'd won I would of gone crazy, but because we didn't doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it) Afterall Arsenal weren't expected to win.

Great goal sol :yay: I won't forget how great it was celebrating that goal.

The atmosphere, stadium etc. was awesome, got some pics from where I was sitting:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4766/185060132no.jpg

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7598/185060068kw.jpg

Considering how Arsenal won the free kick they scored from, it's a bit cheeky to complain about the ref - even though he was pretty poor.

Surely Arsenal winning that freekick shows how poor the ref was.

Well I just got back and am knackered, should go to sleep soon I guess.

About all the 'who deserved to win' crap it doesn't matter who DESERVED it, its about who WON it, and Barcelona did. I agree that the ref was shocking and there was luck involved but at the end of the day its a cup final and all that matters is whether you win it or not.

Of course I'm a bit gutted, but the thing is it was already a fantastic achievement to of got there and just being there was something very special, despite the result. (Obviously if we'd won I would of gone crazy, but because we didn't doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it) Afterall Arsenal weren't expected to win.

Great goal sol :yay: I won't forget how great it was celebrating that goal.

The atmosphere, stadium etc. was awesome, got some pics from where I was sitting:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/4766/185060132no.jpg

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/7598/185060068kw.jpg

That second picture is amazing, they showed it on TV last night and I was remember thinking how good it was and how long it wouldn't taken for them to put the cards out on all 25000 Barca seats.

All I can say is bad luck to Arsenal. It must've been hard to play with only 10 men. And Andy Gray had said on Sky Sports that "the referee has spoilt the spectacle final by sending off Lehmann." And the way Arsenal played until the Barcelona goal, they were just hanging on, getting more and more knackered. Fair play to them. And the ref made a big clanger booking Henry when he actually got kicked by the Barcelona player.

Stocka, I hope you had a really good time in Paris. That stadium looked amazing and must've had a fantastic atmosphere. It's just a pity that Arsenal lost, now I hope Henry decides not to rub salt into Arsenal's wounds by deciding to leave.

I hate Barcelona, I've never liked them, that's why I supported Arsenal. Frank Rijkaard is a complete Master Bates!

1. Who cares if Eboue dived, its not like Barca didnt get any free kicks from diving in dangerous positions, just becuase we finished ours..

2. Almost any other refree would of given the goal and left Lehmann on.

3. The referee was a bit odd, im not saying it would of made a difference, but you think there would of been 3 minutes stoppage time had it still been 1-0? no chance. Odd decisions like that. And Henrys yellow card? What the hell?

4. Considering how we played with 10 men, still making more chances on goal than them, imagine how we would of played with all 11.

No footy till June 9th.....:shakehead

Can't wait for world cup....I remember seeing an ad on sky spors news for an England B match against Belarus....dunno when that is on...should be seeing Theo Walcott play for the first time hopefully.

It must've been hard to play with only 10 men. And Andy Gray had said on Sky Sports that "the referee has spoilt the spectacle final by sending off Lehmann."

Absolutely, before the sending off it was turning into a fast paced excellent game, with both teams playing well and Arsenal at great pace looking really promising. The sending off definately ruined the game.

It was a sending off probably, but it wasn't intent, you can see by replays Lehmann was going to claim the ball but Eto's quick feet and movement meant he caught his ankles instead. I don't believe it was intended.

Great attitude there Stocka. Often it takes balls to stick to sportsmanship in bizarre games like this, but you pass that test of honour with flying colours. Respect! :bowdown:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!