N-Europe

That's so Fresh - Decay Tutorial (56k)

Fresh

Thanks Fresh, was very helpfull. Ive attempted a few here they are:

Your welcome mate.

uberkickasssigqu3.gif

First attempt at a WoW one.

Firstly, lol, I like how you have called it "Uberkiskassssig" :).

I like hoe the shape of the C4D moves around the render and smudging of the render is nice, you could try playing with some of the settings of those layers, just experement to see what works. Also you could make a new layer, set it to soft light, get a large-ish black softbrush and just darken some spots, might help some focus.

untitled4copyci1.gif

After a few attempts at other ones.

Wow, progressed fast!

The render is quite large so what I would suggest it maybe createing a few layers on top, try some filers out. Maybe, ummm, you could make a new layer, Apply image, you could go Filter -> Distort -> Wave, play with the settings and set that layer to lighten and erase the bits that cover too much of the render.

I'd had abit of a play with it, I hope you don't mind, just to give you some ideas.

freshsamplehw5.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok lets see if i can help you out abit.

Step 5, Broken down:

So you have your 3 layers, the bottom layer is totally black, the middle is a C4D image and your top layer (which following step 4 should be hidden) should have the render on it.

Select your render layer and make it visible, now duplicate the layer. Then hide the new clone layer and reselect the bottom of the render layers.

Now using the smudge tool and use it with the following brush:

oilpastellargeiy8.jpg

Apply the settings shown on the tutorial and just smudge away, you may want to turn the strength on the brush down to about 50-70%.

-----

I hope that clears something up mate.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to try this out, but I'm too lazy :grin:

Just do it or I will get Takeo on you.

In reguards to the next tut, it will come. Got too much on atm but after 26th I should have some time. Sorry about the delay.

• 3 months later...
I'd like to thank Fresh for making this thread, without it I wouldn't have been able to make this new sig I'm quite proud of.

Hmm, now looking at it I can think of a few adjustments.

You are very welcome buddy. :smile:

Lets have a look!

Woo nice! I don't want to sound like a bitch but text is very difficult in signatures and I don't think you quite did it right and also there is quite a bit of space on the left. Regarding how you could progress with this maybe start introducing a gentle light source, there are plenty of tutorials on the web on how to do this or if you want I'll show you.

I have to say a very impressive start.

• 3 weeks later...
You are very welcome buddy. :smile:

Lets have a look!

Woo nice! I don't want to sound like a bitch but text is very difficult in signatures and I don't think you quite did it right and also there is quite a bit of space on the left. Regarding how you could progress with this maybe start introducing a gentle light source, there are plenty of tutorials on the web on how to do this or if you want I'll show you.

I have to say a very impressive start.

Cheers for the advice, as soon as I have some spare time to play with Photoshop some more I'll make some adjustments. :smile: