N-Europe

Favourite Worst Nightmare

Woz

So What does Everyone think of the new Arctic Monkeys album? I think it's class to be honest, improves on the first album ever so slightly. Best track is Balaclava, it's just so bloody fast! Opinions?

*Holds back punching haggis in the mouth..... then sees 'Avril Lavigne awesome album'..... goes mental*

Nah she isn't too bad is are Avril, but I can't beleive that there isn't many arctic monkeys fans on these pages.

To get things going, a line from 'this house is a circus': (possibly the greatest lyrics ever!) "This house is a circus, beserk as fuck. We tend to see that as a perk though. Look.... "

And Flourescent adolescent (sp?): " That boys a slag, the best you ever had". Have I converted anyone yet?

Also as I am really bored, has anyone heard the japanese bonus track 'da frame 2r'? Crap name like but great tune.... opening lyrics: "007 and brucie wayne, are shitting them 'sens 'cause there's another name...."

What more can be said, they are pure genius.

I have not listend to much of the Arctic Monkeys but from what I have they are nothing special. Their latest single sounds too.....familiar. I haven't given the whole album a listen but I don't think I'd like it too much, seems like the kind of album where I'd like the songs on the first listen and soon get sick of them. I prefer slow burning songs.

I was never that big on this band, didn't understand the fuss. Felt like a young Libertines going out of their way to sound a little rough around the edges. Loud strumming, high treble and chant-singing with banging around on a stage - they've got nothing to set them apart from the crowd and despite my love of their hometown, I've just got bored of it all lately.