NEurope
Dante

Gundam MS Front 0079

Interesting? I'd say pants! Not too keen on the look of it so far!

I reckon this looks good, and what's more I reckon this will sell really well in Japan

looks MEH tbh
the terrain textures are kinda linear and repetitive (specially in higher cliffs), but the game doesn't look bad for me, just add light and color variations to those cliffs and it'll make a ton of a difference already, it looks kinda bland and monotone now.

I'm liking vehicles though, if it's good I'd buy it just to play around with a Zaku (my favorite mobile suit ever) :D Close-up battles have potential.

This looks good, the only Gundam I had seen for Wii was the SD one. I wish they'd make a Gundam game about Gundam Wing.

I would have prefered a Gundam SEED plus Gundam SEED Destiny game although Gundam Wing would be great too :)

I would have prefered a Gundam SEED plus Gundam SEED Destiny game although Gundam Wing would be great too :)
I'm not really a Gundam Wing Fan, nor a fan of mixing the different series together like Cosmic Era+Universal Century, hey AFAIK it has happened before.

I actually perfectly fine without super-powered mobile suit's around, like... what's Freedom, Epyon, Wing Zero... for one... Want's a Zaku next to them powerwise? It suddenly turns into cannon fodder.

If this Gundam follows it's name... it's 0079 year of Universal Century, meaning... there's only one (real) Gundam, Amuro Ray's RX-78-2 Gundam.

Could be awesome, keep those tech advances for sequels on the Wii. Of course, I understand people wanting other vehicles, but that would render my cannon fodders useless (or unbalanced). :p

Well: I don't think the Freedom would be that overpowered if it would be someone else than Kira piloting it :) For Wing Zero and Epyion: I don't think they would be that much use to other pilots than to those two... After all most mobile suits are only that strong because their pilots are really good.

And also: In Gundam Seed there are more strong mobile suits, especially at the end: Freedom, Justice, Destiny, Legend and that golden one Cagalli was piloting first - forgot its name - and maybe you could also add some more from during the series because there are other strong ones too...

The original first Gundam series are those three movies, aren't they?

But what I am currently hoping more is that that Gundam Game and maybe future Gundam games make it here to Europe and if there are future Gundam games that they would come out for Wii - I think the gameplay would be the best on Wii...

Well: I don't think the Freedom would be that overpowered if it would be someone else than Kira piloting it :)
hmmm, they wouldn't cut Freedom's capabilities in theory it should work like if you're kira, if you're skilled enough, I mean... a Natural couldn't even pilot Freedom, it has to be a coordinator and all, besides Freedom is overpowered as hell, Kira is supposedly only aiming at the joints to disable them, so that's already a load more work, and skill than killing them altogether.

Same for DRAGOON enabled machines, (the ones with detachable satellites) you'd need the pilot not only to be a coordinator... but to be a newtype aswell.

The original first Gundam series are those three movies, aren't they?
Depends, they usually do 3 movie resumes for pretty much every gundam series, the original Gundam is no different.

I've seen these series, a long time ago, so I really don't remember much about plot (apart on how similar at places it is to the 1st SEED series) and the characters (Amuro and Char)... and there wasn't the plethora of Gundam ubber suits like in Wing and Seed (custom gundams for everyone including secondary actors, providing they're voiced and have a name).

IMO that's a good thing for piloting Zaku's, Ginn's, Gouf's, Dom's, etc...

I find the importance people give to online funny.

Online makes games so much more awesome, although a lot of the time the online is made pretty well to compensate for the shitty single player.

hmmm, they wouldn't cut Freedom's capabilities in theory it should work like if you're kira, if you're skilled enough, I mean...

In a game yeah... probably for a game you are right you couldn't make it that much differnent. But I don't think any other coordinator could pilote the Freedom as Kira (and as you already said he does try to not kill other pilotes therefore he needs even more skill)... But also: You could make them not much stronger than just Zakus in a game, only in story mode they might need to be that strong...

Regarding the movies: I meant: As far as I know the first Gundam-Stuff ever was a movie, wasn't it... Which ended up as free movies...

DRAGOON is in Gundam SEED X Astray...? Currently only out as manga isn't it? Don't read that yet... Therfore my question: what is a newtype? I guess Kira a.s.o. ?

Btw. do you know if there will be a sequel to Gundam SEED Destiny (because Astray is a gaiden story as far as I know) and if Kira and Athrun will be in it again?

In a game yeah... probably for a game you are right you couldn't make it that much differnent. But I don't think any other coordinator could pilote the Freedom as Kira (and as you already said he does try to not kill other pilotes therefore he needs even more skill)... But also: You could make them not much stronger than just Zakus in a game, only in story mode they might need to be that strong...
That wouldn't do, the thing with Zakus should be they're kinda slow for example, Bandai has some pretty detailed spec lists there, from top speed to turn speed (I remember Zakus turn at less than 80Km/h for example).

Making Freedom match them would defeat the purpose, besides those top mobile suits are gonna have phase shift armor, Neutron Jammer Cancelers and such, Zaku's can't match that. It's like playing a unit without shields if well done.

Regarding the movies: I meant: As far as I know the first Gundam-Stuff ever was a movie, wasn't it... Which ended up as free movies...
There are Gundam films, but the series first incarnation was full fledged TV series.
DRAGOON is in Gundam SEED X Astray...? Currently only out as manga isn't it? Don't read that yet... Therfore my question: what is a newtype? I guess Kira a.s.o. ?
I'm not really into Astray, but I'm sure that "Kira's brother" (more like Kira's reject) Canard Pars would be able to use DRAGOONs.

Newtype is what defines those psychic abilities, like how Kira can sense Rau Le Creuset and vice-versa, only people with these characteristics can use DRAGOONS as is (without computer help). It's a long ongoing trend in Gundam series.

Btw. do you know if there will be a sequel to Gundam SEED Destiny (because Astray is a gaiden story as far as I know) and if Kira and Athrun will be in it again?
I wouldn't count on it, Fukuda (Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny director) and his wife being that she was one of the writers taking care of the argument... really messed up in Seed Destiny, and the series flunked in popularity with it, Destiny's merchandise sales were kinda subpar, as most vehicles where only renewed editions of previous units without much difference.

The only thing it did well was bring back the underdog equipment issue, being that Impulse was only a Strike revision (same measures even), now a outdated model, and they actually used Zaku's, Gouf's and all those throughout the series. But the argument turned lackluster and they lost a lot of opportunities to make it right, in the end it slowed down (a lot of episodes without real mecha battles), has Shinn had a sister complex for too long, the series lost it's edge and had a half assed underwhelming ending, it even felt forced at places when it came to some relations, some kind of rush job and romantic linking for userbase own fanservice (kinda halfassed for cagalli and lunamaria fans too).

They've ruined Cosmic Era, now to continue either they officially reject Seed Destiny as if it never happened, advance a few years and start without Seed's main character... Or could do a Gundam Seed Fumoffu series, but that'll never happen. That or start anew.

I want to see what bandai will do, but one thing's for sure, Fukuda isn't ever directing anymore, and I'd say even Bandai is still deciding what to do.

For now... expand astray Storylines in Seed it seems, (GSeed Stargazer OVA comes to mind).

Wow, someone whose feelings on Destiny mirror my own. There's a rarity. Stargazer showed what a good C.E. storyline can be like when you don't have the director and his wife making their author characters the star of the show.

Wow, someone whose feelings on Destiny mirror my own. There's a rarity. Stargazer showed what a good C.E. storyline can be like when you don't have the director and his wife making their author characters the star of the show.
Good to see other Gundam fans in here :D

This thread is looking comfy. :)

I really got to see stargazer then, I've been kinda busy in the last few months so I ended up passing on it.

Yeah Stargazer was nice... Well: We will see what the next Gundam thing will be... If it is something new and good I have nothing against it... Or if die discard Destiny or whatsoever :) Although I don't think Destiny was that bad... Some parts of it were great, although you could nearly forget the rest of it :)

Regarding Stargazer: In the end: They did not tell if those two persons in the Stargazer were dead or not, did they? From what she was telling before they should still have been alive though...

Good to see other Gundam fans in here :D

This thread is looking comfy. :)

I really got to see stargazer then, I've been kinda busy in the last few months so I ended up passing on it.

There's some lovely designs in it. The BuCUE Hound is pretty sweet, though the Civilian Astrays look a bit weird.

I've never played any of the games, and watched only a handful of episodes, but I've always found Gundam kind of appealing.

Must be something about 20ft robots shooting the crap out of each other...:heh:

Not sure I agree. Thing I loved about the animes what that, although machines, the Gundams actually moved in quite an organic way. The ways these models look make me less hopeful for that. I mean cmon, look at how chunky the ankles look!

Only thing I hope for is the chance to have so high speed, high intensity melee fighting. Not so much of the sniping and shooting in battles.

@Pedro and Jack. Yeah I'm liking the thread atm too. I agree with you on Destiny as well. The most annoying thing was that it felt like it was just waiting to bloom the whole way through the series and never did. I have to say though that I'm really glad we got more Asuran and the art was absolutely fantastic.

Don't get your hopes up people as we all know deep down that the game will never hit the UK or the states bad even if it did hit the states we dont have a freeloader software to get it !!!

These gundams are clunky and don't move in an organic way because thats how they are in the series. They are slow and clunky and so you'll get a different experience to some of the other gundam games where they are quick and blast around. But its seems like this is going to be way better than the Federation Vs. Zeon game that was on the ps2, based on the same series. But boy do I wish they did something on Wing.