NEurope
Dante

Gundam MS Front 0079

Shamefully I have never seen any of the Gundam Animes but I really like the style of this game and if this are real-time Wii graphics I must say I'm quite impressed.

If people want to know, this gundam game is being based off the original gundam series(Made in 1979/1980), I just currently got this anime 2 months ago and I must say I loved it.

This looks good, the only Gundam I had seen for Wii was the SD one. I wish they'd make a Gundam game about Gundam Wing.

Gundam the series is awsome but i bet we wont get this version of the game in the UK we just get the lame Kiddy crappy version just like the GC there was an awsome one that cam out in Japan but we never got it here

Japan will snatch this up I imagine!

Doesn't matter if it's good or not considering how the PS3 Gundam game sold as that was apparently awful!

I've never watched any of the Gundam animes but I hear they're decent!

Wow, that looks pretty awesome. I'm not a Gundam fan (I once watched three episodes back to back on Toonatic, all of which was two guys floating statically in giant robot suits chatting with each other, while the occasional orange blip in the background reminded us of the super-awesome mega battle for Earth that was supposedly happening elsewhere - I can only assume the animation department was on strike) but I love big stompy robots. So this looks like tremendous fun.

As long as its better than federation vs. Zeon I'll be happy. Although why they don't do anything for the more beloved wing series beats me. I found the original series kinda boring. With very annoying ending themes.

Actually it is an FPS. From IGN.

Gundam FPS Set For Wii

New title to feature Wiimote-based aiming.

April 25, 2007 - The Wii is the hottest console ticket in Japan right now, and where there's a hot console, there's sure to be Gundam. The latest issue of Famitsu is home to first details on the second Gundam game for the Wii (the first, SD Gundam G Breaker, was a launch title).

Bandai Namco is going the serious route with Mobile Suit Gundam MS Sensen 0079 (in English, MS Front 0079). This latest digital adaptation of the endlessly popular anime franchise is a first person shooter with realistic looking (and proportioned) Gundam units .

You make use of both the Wiimote and nunchuk controllers for combat. The Wiimote is used to directly aim at enemies before firing. You move your mech around via the nunchuk's analogue pad. The game also offers up dash and jump moves, the ability to lock yourself into direct combat with foes, and motion-based melee controls.

A Japanese release is set for 7/28. Stay tuned for more details to follow.

^ Nice to hear those details, was kind of dreading the thought that they'd chibi this one up too. :)

And mayhaps, if this catches on, they'll make a Gundam Wing game... Ahhhhh... Wing Zero... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

^ Nice to hear those details, was kind of dreading the thought that they'd chibi this one up too. :)

And mayhaps, if this catches on, they'll make a Gundam Wing game... Ahhhhh... Wing Zero... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Exactly, I'd love to pilot the Tallgeese and have online Saber battles with other gamers whilst using the Wiimote as the sword.

Exactly, I'd love to pilot the Tallgeese and have online Saber battles with other gamers whilst using the Wiimote as the sword.

When the day comes, I and my Wing Zero v Endless Waltz will kick your respective asses :cool:

There's probably not going to be any dedicated Wing games because it doesn't pull the Japanese punters in like the original series does.

Originally a Chihiro (Arcade-based Xbox) game?

gundam0079bx9.gif

Source: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=729 (scroll down till you see it)

It actually makes some sense, since Xbox development is kinda dead and there was probably no point in insisting in it on 2006, then with perhaps delays and all, comes Wii, who brings a "light gun" included (perfect for this game assuming it was already FPS with lightgun) to sort it, it's more powerful than Xbox and ships in November 2006...

Bandai sees Wii's momentum growing and PS3 for whom they had their biggest titles coming falling thus comes the opportunity of actually selling the game for Japanese households where Xbox would be doomed and benefits of having a lot of the modeling work, engine and animations done beforehand meaning they'll be able to have it done quicker than doing something from ground.

Not bad for a bogus theory, take it as a grain of salt.

Originally a Chihiro (Arcade-based Xbox) game?

gundam0079bx9.gif

Source: http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=729 (scroll down till you see it)

It actually makes some sense, since Xbox development is kinda dead and there was probably no point in insisting in it on 2006, then with perhaps delays and all, comes Wii, who brings a "light gun" included (perfect for this game assuming it was already FPS with lightgun) to sort it, it's more powerful than Xbox and ships in November 2006...

Bandai sees Wii's momentum growing and PS3 for whom they had their biggest titles coming falling thus comes the opportunity of actually selling the game for Japanese households where Xbox would be doomed and benefits of having a lot of the modeling work, engine and animations done beforehand meaning they'll be able to have it done quicker than doing something from ground.

Not bad for a bogus theory, take it as a grain of salt.

Sounds quite likely actually.

It kind of looks like Armored Core from the scans to me, although this is on the Wii and has gundam suits.

I love armored core and gundam so if it ever reaches britain im so getting this :)

Im a big gundam fan. Really glad to see that they are moving more organically than I have seen them in other games and it seems to feel more like gundam too.

A few points tho. Those explosions are rubbish and it also better not be confined to the ground. I really hope the final game looks a lot better than that but I dont have high hopes. Still get pissed at the very idea that we could still be getting games that look worse than Rogue Squadron 2 on the Wii atm.

The Robots look nice and the concept has potential but everything else looks very bland, hopefully this game will get a lot more polish and variation in the environments, an Online mode would also seal the deal for me getting this game, I loved the Gundam Wing series.

I had real hope for the gundam SEED gma eon the DS but it got pulled. There was a lot of stuff in that series about reprogramming the OS of the gundam and that could have made for some really nice gameplay/puzzles.

Hope this has some of the epic-ness of SEED series.