NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Blackfox

Quink n00b MS Word question

Hey guys, basically veerytime I press enter to go to a new line, it goes down two new lines - which is preally starting to piss me off. I've checked the paragraph line spacing options and everything seems to be fine. Any ideas what to do next?

Cheers.

I believe it's the style of writing. Some screenshots. Pay attention to the orange box on top. Hope it helps!

normalstyle.jpgNorspacingstyle.jpg

Did you guys pay for Office 07?

Exactly what I was going to ask. Still using Office XP here, but those screens make the new version look devilishly attractive...........I think I want in.......

Beta 2 TR is still free for a couple of months, plus there is a 2-month trail you can install after that.

Pay? Office?

Office doesn't even have any copy write protection on it :p

Pay? Office?

Office doesn't even have any copy write protection on it :p

Are you saying thats its legal to use an unlicensed install of MS Office?

I didn't mean that, i mean it needs no crack and you can use any serial you want and you still get updates...

or hold shift when pressing return XD

haha yeah I was just about to say that!

Is Office 2007 worth PAYING for?

I'm weird in that I like to legitimately own things.

haha yeah I was just about to say that!

Is Office 2007 worth PAYING for?

I'm weird in that I like to legitimately own things.

If you actually need to use its features often, then yes. It you just need the basic features, no. Get OpenOffice instead.

dont get it yet. Since if you do and want to use it's new features you need to be saving in it's weirdo format e.g. .docx instead of .doc

and not everyone with 03 etc is going to be smart enough to get their asses onto the ms site and download the compatibility patch.

So until a few more people get office it aint worth it since you would be purchasing a new package and not able to use it's new features. If you dont buy it yet you arent missing anything!

(I had that problem previously since I was using powerpoint 07 and there was so many actions, animaions and themes which werent supported hence I need to basically make my human rights presentation black and white with "fly in from the right or left"

Was afraid to put in anymore as it probs wont be supported)

Office 07 is waaaaaaaaaaay to expensive if your going to actually pay for it then you probably shouldn't get it right away. Even though it does have awesome features and is so damn sexy.

Office 07 is waaaaaaaaaaay to expensive if your going to actually pay for it then you probably shouldn't get it right away. Even though it does have awesome features and is so damn sexy.

Excuse me? MS Office is a great product which is worth buying . Especially if you can get Office 2007 Home and Student for 130€ - that is about 2 console games.

OpenOffice is a nice alternative I agree but still no match for Office 2007.

Excuse me? MS Office is a great product which is worth buying . Especially if you can get Office 2007 Home and Student for 130€ - that is about 2 console games.

OpenOffice is a nice alternative I agree but still no match for Office 2007.

Do you need to bea student or will they just sell you it.

2007 Office Home and Student is available for everyone if I remember correctly - only down side from standard version is that you don't get Outlook 2007.

It has Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.

Another way to get MS software for free is over MSDNAA - many universities have contracts with MS so students get the software for free (really depends on the university how you qualiy, I just have to make certain courses).

Downside is that you don't get Office from there only Vista/XP/Visual Studio/...

I was reffering to the $600 some dollar versions... Which I have and I'm assuming Jordan has... Sure you can buy cheap versions. Which sometimes are an awesome deal. But to get some cool programs such as Groove, you have to pay hundreds of dollars.

I was reffering to the $600 some dollar versions... Which I have and I'm assuming Jordan has... Sure you can buy cheap versions. Which sometimes are an awesome deal. But to get some cool programs such as Groove, you have to pay hundreds of dollars.

I don't think i've ever bought a copy of Office, i once had to buy a copy of Frontpage 2000 for something... can't remember what though.

I honestly don't think i've ever bought a legal copy of Windows or Office, i worked for a computer company for a while and we just got copies for free all the time and of course, i won my copy of Vista Ultimate. Not to mention how easy it is to warez stuff.

I don't think i've ever bought a copy of Office, i once had to buy a copy of Frontpage 2000 for something... can't remember what though.

I honestly don't think i've ever bought a legal copy of Windows or Office, i worked for a computer company for a while and we just got copies for free all the time and of course, i won my copy of Vista Ultimate. Not to mention how easy it is to warez stuff.

I just Got office then, how do you change the background, to that black, been trying for ages :S

I just Got office then, how do you change the background, to that black, been trying for ages :S

1-1.jpg

(click word options )

2-1.jpg

(choose black)

Sign in to follow this