N-Europe

Pure Pwnage

Dyson

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the stroyline progression, however, disappointed at how they resolved Tagi's WoW situation and how tamely they brought back Doug.

The rap was decent but too long.

Everything else was top-notch, loved the TF2 intro scene, was laughing for ages at the punchline. The Tagi premonition scenes too were fantastic.

• 2 months later...

i pwn n00bs

By: Jarett

I get asked this a lot: "What kind of gamer are you really?"

Instead of my standard 3-word reply (see title), I'll give some insight with a slightly longer answer: As far as PC gaming goes, I belong in the "My fun mostly comes from kicking ass (or the prospect of kicking ass) en route to total global Pwnination (the kicking of all asses)" category. If there are no other asses around to kick, I'll kick my own and pretend it was someone else (read: practice and constantly challenge myself to improve). I'm not so interested in the exhilarating experience of crying while playing video games, compared with uncompromised multi-player gameplay. I like games that make the kicking of asses so precise, so strategic and so fun that they enter the realm of art.

I'm the kind of gamer that immediately after installation turns off the music and turns down all the graphical fancinesses to ensure maximum frame-rate for ass-kicking. I don't care about particle effects, I don't need blur, and I fucking hate bloom. I've played every Command & Conquer game and consider myself a big fan of the franchise, yet have to admit I've absolutely no idea what the story is outside of "get tiberium, destroy opponent(s)". I assume the bald guy is "bad". To me, the goal of CoD4 is "to be at the top of the list at the end of the round". Never does saving a princess enter my mind, nor are domestic disputes the motivation for Ryu and Ken's regular skirmishes.

Not surprisingly, I'm also the kind of gamer that the vast majority isn't. Most prefer the interactive story and aesthetics of video gaming instead of its use as a most beautiful medium for fair and friendly ass-kicking (although I can't help but feel it's because they can't as effectively kick them). Because of this, most studios allocate the majority of their funding to the single-player elements I'll likely never get around to exploring, while mainstream gaming media weighs voice-acting alongside multi-player re-playability.

As a little kid I once spent a good chunk of my summer time-trialing Mute City I in F-Zero on the SNES while fantasizing about the existence and my subsequent victory of the Stanley Cup of video games. 1'58"87 was the result of my extensive training and was celebrated by much cheering and dancing (both done by only me). Now that was some serious fun!

...This guy is simply g'od.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Episode 16. Best episode ever?

Fuck. Yes.

The blue balls reference made me lol so, so hard.

Oh man, when I saw they brought T-Bag back as a main character I honestly did not like the way PP was headed. But after Ep 16 he has the potential to be a seriously, seriously good character. Everything he did was pure gold this episode. I hope they develop his character more, and I hope we actually get some progression next time. Not ending on a cliffhanger = no suspense.

Though that said..wtf is up with Tagi?

Just watched it, loved the guitar battle scene <3

And T-bag is growing on me, I didn't like him in Episode 15 much, but he seems to be an ejoyable character!

And to answer your last question about Tagi

Have a feeling that its an affair with Dave, her face at 24:04 just seemed different when Dave was leaving, and how she left straight after him...

But thats just what I think, probably not even true :heh:

• 5 months later...
5 month bump, lol.

Pure Pwnage Season 2 Episode 5 is out! :D

Torrent: http://downloads.purepwnage.com/torrents/Pure_Pwnage_205.avi.torrent

Stream: http://www.purepwnage.com/episodes/s2/5/

brb, watching

Edit: omg cliffhanger. next episode in a week!

Yay, two episodes close together! <3 (Although I demand more "Pro at Cooking")

Was an alright episode, think the bit I loled the most at was when Dave and Jeremy was walking and Doug was in the background stealthing around (The part when he jumped down from the tree out of no where was pure win :heh: )

Bring on the next episode!

I thought the new episode, especially the spoof at the beginning, were absolutely shit. Bit of a shame, but they seem to be making a habit of talking absolute bollocks most of the time. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, but this ep wasn't even funny.

I thought the new episode, especially the spoof at the beginning, were absolutely shit. Bit of a shame, but they seem to be making a habit of talking absolute bollocks most of the time. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with that, but this ep wasn't even funny.

Sounds similar to what I said on the PP forums. Still, I'm reserving judgement on episode 17 until I've seen 18. Apparantly they're no good without the other. No idea why they chose to split it up in to two episodes instead of one.

• 11 months later...

Well damn. A year since the last post in this topic and something new has arisen. Spooky! Anyway, a rather huge piece of news for you, Pure Pwnage are getting...well...I'll let Jeremy describe it:

:D

A TV show! In Canada...! Yeah. So that's that anyway. Here's to hoping some remote channel in the UK picks up the 8 planned 2010 episodes too :D