NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Aisutora

Wii Light Gun Extention

I guess this has already been asked. But I have not found an answer to it anywhere yet. So here it goes.

Does anyone know the release date for that light-gun extention for the remote?

I think the autumn is the plan, though I think whenever Umbrella Chronicles comes out to be honest

The light gun extension was never seriously meant to be officially released right?

The light gun extension was never seriously meant to be officially released right?

It has it's own buttons and the Wii Remote has notches that's designed for the Zapper (well...it's the only 1st party thing so far that fits), so why wouldn't they eventually release it?

I really hope that it will be released. That's one of the things you can have the most fun with. It's genious. Goldenye 64 with pistols would have been fun. Hope there will be a good 1st person shooter when the guns arrive.

I want to play Area 51 style =D Anyone remember that old arcade game? I love it.

Thats the horrible one I mentioned - there are no shooting games on the Wii that would work with it.

Maybe not yet, but what stops that design being implemented in the future, their is still a lot of potential in the wii and that design.

That's not the one I was talking about. I meant the offisial one. I'll post a link when I get 15 posts around here, or else I'm not allowed hehe.

*EDIT*

Guess I can just do like this: gamesarefun.com/consoles/wii/zapper2.jpg

That's not the one I was talking about. I meant the offisial one. I'll post a link when I get 15 posts around here, or else I'm not allowed hehe.

We all know the one you mean, but the one i posted will probably be the first one of its kind to be released. I would like to try it, it could be like on of those old school arcade games.

We all know the one you mean, but the one i posted will probably be the first one of its kind to be released. I would like to try it, it could be like on of those old school arcade games.

Why not make it yourself with cardboard and selotape?

800px-Wii_zapper.jpg

If you mean this one that was never actually officially announced as a product for sale just unveiled when the Wii Remote was finally shown off.

I don't care what was before. I just want it now or in the near future, hehe. Please say that Nintendo will do something good for their fans for once.

800px-Wii_zapper.jpg

If you mean this one that was never actually officially announced as a product for sale just unveiled when the Wii Remote was finally shown off.

the zapper was actually revealed at e3 06

i think it was only to promote fps's on the wii

its actually pretty pointless because the wii-mote already has a trigger

If you could plug the nunchuck into the bottom of that thing it would be useful, the Motion Sensor, Tilt Sensor + 2 Analogue Sticks would sort put the control problems

Yeah I gotta say both those gun shells are awful for two different reasons, the joytech one would be ridiculous to play with just because it contains both the nunchuk and the wiimote although I see what they are getting at as it would be easier to use one hand for both but the wiimote buttons aren't very accessible. The zapper is just awful to look at, it has a sloped grip (since when did guns have sloped grips?) and doesn't fully explain how all the buttons would be usable.

The whole idea isn't very good just because the idea behind holding a gun while shooting is to immerse you but if you are firing a rifle on screen and holding a pistol it isn't very immersing.

I like that Joytech one, use the anaolgue stick for looking around or turning and the wiimote for shooting.

I always thought Nintendo showed it off as an example of what could be done with the Wii mote.

Sign in to follow this