N-Europe

The Passion Of The Christ

Fierce_LiNk

I put it on record and watched a little when I got home at around 1. I really did feel like watching the whole thing - it was really capturing - but I managed to limit myself to just an hour. I also felt for Christ as he got beaten it was some nasty stuff.

I wonder how many viewings it got last night?

I hate how Gibson blames the Jews for basically anything in this movie. They stand by as ugly mongoloid, three-toothed devilish bystanders, and apparently they were to blame for Jesus' death, and the Romans were innocent.

Fucking antisemist. I really despise Mel Gibson.

I've not seen the film, but if the film sticks to the book, then it's not anti-semitic it's just the way that it is in the book. So, it's not Mel being anti-semitic it's the Bible.

A history teacher telling kids about Nazi germany doesn't make him anti-German, he's just presenting what's on the curriculum.

I've not seen the film, but if the film sticks to the book, then it's not anti-semitic it's just the way that it is in the book. So, it's not Mel being anti-semitic it's the Bible.

A history teacher telling kids about Nazi germany doesn't make him anti-German, he's just presenting what's on the curriculum.

That's the whole point; it's not a truthful depiction. The Bible doesn't describe Jews as big-nosed, ugly, treacherous people but the Passion does.

I watch for about an hour or so up until about past the bit they let Barbbass go. To me as a Christian the whole thing seemed a bit pointless really. It was like watching the events of the easter story through the eyes of a deeply disturbed and violently psychotic child.

Also, don't forget folks: The Passion was a play originally written in medieval times as anti-jewish propaganda. The Nazis regulary put on major productions of it as part of their campaign.

Though to be fair, Mel Gibson was arrested not long back for drink driving and he was ranting about the jews being the cause of all the worlds problems.

I thought about watching it, to the point where I sat down and started watching it, but I packed in the whole thing after about five minutes. I am a big dialogue man. It has to be tight and smart and a bit poetic for me to get a real kick out of a movie. The Bible is at times tight and smart and more than a bit poetic and I've read bits and got a real kick out of it, but the writing was dull in the five minutes that I sat down and watched Passion so I went to bed. I'm sure I could have enjoyed it a bit more if I'd stayed around longer, but it didn't seem worth the effort.

Also, I am one eighth step-Jewish and refuse to watch Mad Max so watching this would have been hugely hypocritical of me.

I watched The Punisher over on Five instead, it was really rather good compared to what I expected.

I did however tape The Passion, and will probably watch it later, either today tomorrow or wendesday whilst have some revision breaks, though revision seems to be more the break from everything else as I haven't done much lol. I really do enjoy watching Mel Gibson, and for all his faults as a person, I think he's a fairly decent actor. I'm looking forward to watching it...in fact, I might go watch it now!

I have a pretty big issue with this film. Basicaly if as a christian you want to tell the world about Jesus why pick the end. Why pick the absolute low of his life. I just cant understand it. But then not being a Christian perhaps I dont understand the point of it. I havent seen the film by the way and have no desire to do so.