NEurope

Going to Leeds Fest. Would rather eat shit then go to V :P

Woah, calm yourself poppet.

V is 20mins from me, wish I was working it! Having to work at the shop instead which is a bummer. Quite a few good acts, but mostly ones I've seen before.

This is awesome.

Ah ah, so awesome! :D

Also, Knights of Cydonia a capella also awesome. God, I had forgotten what an awesome song it is... Why can't muse just make this new album more like that track. :(

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Ah ah, so awesome! :D

Also, Knights of Cydonia a capella also awesome. God, I had forgotten what an awesome song it is... Why can't muse just make this new album more like that track. :(

Give it time. People had a very similar reaction to Supermassive Black Hole when it was released, but BHAR turned out to be a great album giving us many good tracks :D

Muse will break limits again

I wish you wouldn't post shit like this, it just goes and makes me want to hate the band.

I like Muse, but they won't 'break limits'. The fuck? :wtf:

United states of eurasia is unusual trying new things etc

Give it time. People had a very similar reaction to Supermassive Black Hole when it was released, but BHAR turned out to be a great album giving us many good tracks :D

BHAR is a shard of what it could've been. Their worst album, if you ask me.:mad:

And I'd expect this new one to not be that great either.

United states of eurasia is unusual trying new things etc

Breaking limits is doing a mediocre/decent (depending on your taste really) song heavily inspired/that is an homage to Queen, a band with one of the most well-known sounds ever?

:zzz:

I like Muse for thier experimentation, and whilst this track doesn't 'break the limits', there's certainly been Muse tracks that have.

BHAR is a shard of what it could've been. Their worst album, if you ask me.:mad:

I agree that BH&R could have been a lot more, I wouldn't call it a bad album though. It just felt too watered down and tame for Muse. I don't agree that 'The Resistance' won't be great though, they self-produced it for the sole purpose of being as ott as possible.

On its own merits BH&R isn't a bad album, it's a good album, with a handful of really good tracks and some not so great ones tbh...

Now the problem is that when you compare it to Origin of Symmetry, that is when it becomes a bad album, because OOS was - and still is - an amazing album, with no weak tracks Imo and more importantly it flows...

I think that's what it boils down to personally. :)

I'm loving the Rock'n'Rolla soundtrack at the minute. My personal favourites:

The Sonics - Have Love Will Travel

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Clash - Bank Robber

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The Subways - Rock n Roll Queen

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Ex Sektor Gaza - Dopylsia

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Woah, calm yourself poppet.

V is 20mins from me, wish I was working it! Having to work at the shop instead which is a bummer. Quite a few good acts, but mostly ones I've seen before.

Poppet? what the fuck?

besides V is biggest piece of corporate shit ever. scamming bastards. i go to leeds every year and that no where no as bad as V.

Edited by Davey_T

Now the problem is that when you compare it to Origin of Symmetry, that is when it becomes a bad album, because OOS was - and still is - an amazing album, with no weak tracks Imo and more importantly it flows...

This.

And as for The Resistance, let's just say I'm keeping my hopes as low as they can go. If it's great, even better, but I'm prepared for it to suck hard.

On its own merits BH&R isn't a bad album, it's a good album, with a handful of really good tracks and some not so great ones tbh...

Hmmm, fair point. I do love all thier albums so far, but nothing has even come close to beating OoS, though I'd still rate all other Muse albums quite highly. I actually read that 'The Resistance' reminds them of OoS in a recent interview, in the sense that they've been able to let go and experiment for the first time in ages. It'll probably sound nothing like OoS, but how can I not have high hopes after hearing that?

OOS was shit- half the songs were bad quality (new born) and the rest were plain crap (screenager, megalomania

OOS was shit- half the songs were bad quality (new born) and the rest were plain crap (screenager, megalomania

:blank:

What the fuck? No seriously, what the fuck?

Erm.... what? OoS is thier best album to date. But then I guess each to thier own. :heh:

Stuwii... the more you post about Muse the less of a fan you seem to actually be, if you were a real fan of the band then you'd recognise Origin of Symmetry for the excellence that it is and realise that Black Holes and Revelations is vastly inferior in comparison.

But you're entitled to live in ignorance if you like... ::shrug:

I didn't think I'd ever see the day when a Muse "fan" called New Born "bad quality"

I didn't think I'd ever see the day when a Muse "fan" called New Born "bad quality"

Exactly... I know it's just his opinion but it really could not be further from the more widely accepted 'truth' that it's one of the best introductory tracks to an album, ever.

Newborn is a truly excellent track.

New Born is an awesome track.

Why, 'twas what got one into Muse in the first place. :awesome:

Exactly... I know it's just his opinion but it really could not be further from the more widely accepted 'truth' that it's one of the best introductory tracks to an album, ever.

Newborn is a truly excellent track.

I hate the sound quality but I love the song, I cannot hear the guitar too well same for CE