NEurope

So behind on the ol' music front. Haven't bought Kerrang! magazine in ages so I've found any new rock/metal bands so need to go and get it at some point. Anyways, while looking up stuff for The Sounds, I came across a band called Krezip and one of their songs 'All My Life' and I have to say I love it. Really nice. Perhaps I should just go trawling for music more often because I found it by complete accident and it turned out to be really good.

Krezip is the first concert I ever went to, heh. That was years ago though (like, 8 I think), when they first started. Haven't really been following them since then though. But yay.

I am going to see (via Chairdriver's monies atm) Antony & The Johnsons!

LK43ouwfGYC2_m.jpg

Actually a bit too excited.

I think Antony is during exam period...so I'm crossing my fingers I can still go.

*jealous*

Hope you can go though!

*jealous*

Hope you can go though!

Thanks!

Only Antony & The Johnsons could turn Crazy In Love by Beyonce into a genuinely heartwrenching aria!

Thanks!

Only Antony & The Johnsons could turn Crazy In Love by Beyonce into a genuinely heartwrenching aria!

God I love his voice. Keep listening to this over and over, heh.

I love the fact Beyonce is Antony's favourite artist ever.

Like feels so funny, considering he's best friends with Bjork and Lou Reed.

I seriously recommend people check out V V Brown.

Just discovered her tonight, please, just check her out.

http://www.u-download.co.uk/

You can download (legally) two of her tracks there, "Quick Fix" and "Refresh me"

I love her already, such a good sound, gogoogogogogogo!

I love Girls Aloud to bits and all that, but I saw this video and I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a live performance.

Sarah CANNOT sing lead, ever. Nadine has done it for 6 years (And they always sound rather great singing live), and for this song they give it to Sarah.

Go to 3:46 and listen to the note. I laughed so much. Sarah then turns to Cheryl and looks like she's about to burst into laughter because of the horiffic note she sung. God, someone throw that woman out of the band, now.

Oh, and "Out of Control" has become their best selling album, with almost 400,000 copies now sold.

Yeah, that was bad...couldn't she improvise? Like do loads of small notes in place of one that sounds bad?

Silly bitch. *shakes head*

I'm more amazed that they are actually singing live on GMTV.

They're one of the first bands to actually do it in a long time, as far as I'm aware. Stops the whole "GMTV make singers mime" crap. Still, with Sarah singing lead maybe miming would have been the best bet...

Every Performance she's done that same note. It's odd they haven't realised and changed leads.

--

DAMN IT TO HELL

I decided to give The Saturdays a try, like I said yesterday. Well, now I'm addicted. I loathe this, like completely hate myself for it.

"Up" is so bluddy addictive. I swear I've not heard a catchier song since "Hot n Cold". *cries*

They're one of the first bands to actually do it in a long time, as far as I'm aware. Stops the whole "GMTV make singers mime" crap. Still, with Sarah singing lead maybe miming would have been the best bet...

Every Performance she's done that same note. It's odd they haven't realised and changed leads.

--

DAMN IT TO HELL

I decided to give The Saturdays a try, like I said yesterday. Well, now I'm addicted. I loathe this, like completely hate myself for it.

"Up" is so bluddy addictive. I swear I've heard a catchier song since "Hot n Cold". *cries*

Haha, I looked at your Last.fm page yesterday and it had UP played about 20 times in a row. :p YOU ARE ADDICTED!

Don't worry I've listened to too much Miley Cyrus she is now my third highest artist on there. :heh:

Haha, I looked at your Last.fm page yesterday and it had UP played about 20 times in a row. :p YOU ARE ADDICTED!

Don't worry I've listened to too much Miley Cyrus she is now my third highest artist on there. :heh:

Hehe :D

I read about them having to re-record "Issues" due to the lyric "Slap" being mistaken for "Stab" on the Radio, and in turn Radio stations not playing it.

"Can't decide if I should stab you or kiss you". I mean, we've all felt like that, so why should it have to be re-recorded? "Slap" sounds like the usual cliche song lyric, but "Stab" actually adds some personality to the song, makes it seem a little more real.

People suck. It's an effing song, not something that's going to cause someone to stab their boyfriend.

(It was Re-recorded to "Leave you or kiss you")

-----

Beyonce - Diva

Hehe :D

I read about them having to re-record "Issues" due to the lyric "Slap" being mistaken for "Stab" on the Radio, and in turn Radio stations not playing it.

"Can't decide if I should stab you or kiss you". I mean, we've all felt like that, so why should it have to be re-recorded? "Slap" sounds like the usual cliche song lyric, but "Stab" actually adds some personality to the song, makes it seem a little more real.

People suck. It's an effing song, not something that's going to cause someone to stab their boyfriend.

lols

Although it does sound like a poorer version of "I can't decide if you should live or die."

Beyonce - Diva

Been wondering when this would come out.

Beyonce is my guilty pleasure (?) of the moment...and that's such an awesomely awful song! The video is only OK though...nothing on Singles Ladies. :bowdown:

"Heads, We're Dancing": A Kate Bush Greatest Hits

Violin

The Big Sky [Meteorological Mix]

Hammer Horror

Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbreak

Oh To Be In Love

Hounds Of Love

Leave It Open

Wuthering Heights

Lily

King Of The Mountain

The Infant Kiss

Pull Out The Pin

This Woman's Work

Aerial

"Heads, We're Dancing": A Kate Bush Greatest Hits

Violin

The Big Sky [Meteorological Mix]

Hammer Horror

Don't Push Your Foot On The Heartbreak

Oh To Be In Love

Hounds Of Love

Leave It Open

Wuthering Heights

Lily

King Of The Mountain

The Infant Kiss

Pull Out The Pin

This Woman's Work

Aerial

Replace Big Sky with All We Ever Looked For.

I'm not being funny.

Replace Big Sky with All We Ever Looked For.

I'm not being funny.

I do love Big Sky too much though. 7 minutes of lovely.

I love "That cloud looks like nothing but trouble!"

I do love how All We Ever Looked For sounds like RPG music though. Like, I've heard it playing Makai Kingdom/Aeltier Iris (sp?)/Final Fantasy III.

Trying to compile a playlist of Christmas/fun music for Christmas morning when I walk from my nan to my dad's. Will post results later.

In other news quite like the new Kanye remix album. Although it seems everyone is remixing MGMT ('Electric Touch').

Also 'Birdhouse in Your Soul' by Kristin Chenoweth and Ellen Greene is full of awesome gleeful fun :D (and because I can't find it on youtube, or at least the full version, have this classic featuring Greene instead.)

So, Spinnerette is Brody Dalle's (from the Distillers) new project. Here's the first video.

I think it's pretty badass and catchy.

Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

Finally, they release one of the songs written soley by Perry. It's a nice little song. Sounds rather brilliant when she's doing it acousticly. God, I love the tone of her voice.

--

She filmed a video for it a year or so ago too. It's a little different. It ends with her having stabbed someone...or so it seems.

Older version. (EMI are deleting all the videos for it on YouTube, so if you want to watch it, then do it now)

Katy Perry - Thinking Of You

Finally, they release one of the songs written soley by Perry. It's a nice little song. Sounds rather brilliant when she's doing it acousticly. God, I love the tone of her voice.

--

She filmed a video for it a year or so ago too. It's a little different. It ends with her having stabbed someone...or so it seems.

Older version. (EMI are deleting all the videos for it on YouTube, so if you want to watch it, then do it now)

Not really a fan of hers, and the song actually grates near the end, but that second video is WAY too racy for her audience. It has like...blood in it. :indeed:

Not really a fan of hers, and the song actually grates near the end, but that second video is WAY too racy for her audience. It has like...blood in it. :indeed:

...Calm down. :heh:

Oddly, I actually prefer the song toward the end, more than the beginning. :) The older video is rather confusing to be fair. Had it been edited better, It would have been alright. (And, Implying they re-filmed the video because of the "audience"...No. It was refilmed because the old one was just a promo for her and therefore filmed on a tiny budget, before Kissed a Girl made her big).

...Calm down. :heh:

Oddly, I actually prefer the song toward the end, more than the beginning. :) The older video is rather confusing to be fair. Had it been edited better, It would have been alright. (And, Implying the re-filmed the video because of the "audience"..No. It was refilmed because the old one was just a promo for her, before Kissed a Girl made her big).

Sorry, but there's no way they'd ever release video where she's a chain-smoking prostitute, who ends up splattered in her customers blood.

At least during her starting success. They didn't even have a hint of lesbianism in IKAG...

She's half-heartedly controversial. I Kissed A Girl is hardly this, is it?

EDIT: Fuck! I was gonna link to Erotica or Justify My Love by Madonna, but the slag has removed all her videos.