NEurope

That new Katy Perry song is rubbish. And thank god its not catchy either, had enough of her songs getting unitentionally stuck in my head at work. So there is a positive out of it.

Sorry, but there's no way they'd ever release video where she's a chain-smoking prostitute, who ends up splattered in her customers blood.

At least during her starting success. They didn't even have a hint of lesbianism in IKAG...

Meh, I do see your point. But to be fair, I doubt any "mainstream" pop tart would release a video like that nowadays. At least she's had that on the internet/her website for the past year, rather than ignoring the whole idea in the first place and just going with the new and obviously "When You're Gone" influenced video (I swear, they must be by the same director).

I mean, give the woman a break. She posed with a knife in a picture, and that got spread all around national papers and they attempted to force an apology/told people to boycott her for "encouraging knife crime". Can you imagine if she released that onto mainstream video channels? The Daily Mail would implode.

--

Beyonce - Halo

A new-ish band who is worth taking a listen to imo

Her Name is Calla - New England

one of the best new bands I've heard this year

Just out of interest, are many people here a member of waffles.fm/what.cd?

not fishing for invites just wondering

Paramore - Decode

I really like this. Hopefully a sign of good things to come for the album. It's been driving sales of the Twilight Soundtrack in America to rather large numbers. Also, she sounds rather brilliant live.

That song is awful.

It just reminds me of clearing up other people's shit after they've watched Twilight.

I just hate Paramore.

I really rather like this. Hopefully a sign of good things to come for the album. It's been driving sales of the Twilight Soundtrack in America to rather large numbers. Also, she sounds rather brilliant live.

No offence to you, but can you stop saying "rather"? It violently disrupts my line of sight.

Sorry!

----

Paramore have better songs. I remember quite liking Fences, depending on my mood.

No offence to you, but can you stop saying "rather"? It violently disrupts my line of sight.

Sorry!

----

Paramore have better songs. I remember quite liking Fences, depending on my mood.

Haha! I just read it back, and realised how (rather) annoying that sounded. I shall cease using the word as much.

--

Fences is (I typed rather, and then shouted at my pc screen) pretty different to the rest of "Riot!". However cliche it may be, I love "Misery Business". I've not listened to them much lately, considering I must have worn out "Riot" by playing it so much. (Fences was probably the song most reviews didn't like, if my mind is remembering correctly too)

I love how Beyonce sings in "Hello".

Like, almost as lovely as how Tori Amos sings in "Teenage Hustling".

Haha! I just read it back, and realised how (rather) annoying that sounded. I shall cease using the word as much.

--

Fences is (I typed rather, and then shouted at my pc screen) pretty different to the rest of "Riot!". However cliche it may be, I love "Misery Business". I've not listened to them much lately, considering I must have worn out "Riot" by playing it so much. (Fences was probably the song most reviews didn't like, if my mind is remembering correctly too)

Oh, I have Riot! But I hardly ever listen to it/have never listened the whole way through. I don't dislike them as much as Chair, despite it being him who actually let me borrow the album! :heh:

I just remember preferring Fences over anything else.

I love how Beyonce sings in "Hello".

Like, almost as lovely as how Tori Amos sings in "Teenage Hustling".

I'm still annoyed she "stole" (I'm aware she didn't, but still) "Halo" from Leona. The song suits Leona's voice so much more than it does Beyonce's. Her version is just a little...boring.

I'm still annoyed she "stole" (I'm aware she didn't, but still) "Halo" from Leona. The song suits Leona's voice so much more than it does Beyonce's. Her version is just a little...boring.

Did Leona record a version?

(I prefer Beyonce anyway...Leona has a severe lack of personality)

Did Leona record a version?

(I prefer Beyonce anyway...Leona has a severe lack of personality)

No, she didn't as far as I'm aware. But I just feel she would have given it something more. I agree, Beyonce is obviously the better artist, but for "Halo" I don't think that's the case. It just doesn't feel like "her" song.

Beyonce > Leona

Again, I know. I'm just saying for this one song, I don't think that's the case.

beyonce has a beautiful stage presence, and never looks strained when shes singing unlike a lot of these powerful singers.

I just realised that You're No God by Laura Marling is one of the best songs on my iTunes.

Continue.

I'm loving Ladyhawkes "Professional Suicide", "My Delirium" and "Love Don't Live Here" after the first listen. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll love the rest of the album.

I'm loving Ladyhawkes "Professional Suicide", "My Delirium" and "Love Don't Live Here" after the first listen. I'm sure by tomorrow I'll love the rest of the album.

But you don't on first listen love Magic, Dusk Till Dawn, Paris Is Burning and Morning Dreams?!

Shocking.

To Be Fair, My Delirium is the catchiest on the album.

Manipulating Woman is my fave, after reflection.

Is it sad that I got really excited when I opened an email and saw this picture and a link to a free sampling of her album-in-progress?

pollyxmas.jpg

Was searching Last.Fm yesterday for some new music, and I found some rather good stuff if I'm honest. One massive guilty pleasure too.

Gameboy/Gamegirl

I'm after a banana but I know they don't come cheap, and I wanna pop some cherry's but it seems they don't come cheap *Sings*

Some of the silliest/funniest lyrics I've heard in ages. Some fantastic beats too. It's a 4 piece band, 2 girls and 2 guys. Only have a few songs at the moment. "Fruit Salad", "Sweat Wet/Dirt Damp" and "Pumps and Rumps" being utterly addictive.

Fruit Salad

--

Anyone know of The Teenagers? A french "Indie-Pop/Rock" (According to Last.FM) band. They are rather odd tbh, but I love "Homecoming" and "Feeling Better".

Homecoming is a phonecall between a guy and a girl, and is basically all spoken. It's odd on first listen, but you get used to it. Be aware, it's rather...naughty. :p Still, I do love some of the lyrics.

Homecoming

--

Also now giving Amy Macdonald (get it free on Amazon now), The Black Ghosts and New Young Pony Club a good listen. :)

Is that some hate I'm seeing for Paramore? Disgraceful. Decode is a fantastic song and while Riot! isn't as good as AWKIF, it's still a great album. Let The Flames Begin is great and so too is When It Rains. Haven't listened to much of their stuff for a little while. Last time I was listening to them it was bonus tracks and unreleased stuff. Anyway, their one of my favourite bands and I've seen them several times in concert, including the infamous Glasgow Carling Academy one which Hayley has stated was the best gig she's every played. :D Such a good concert that.

Anyway, been listening to some Santana stuff I haven't heard before (got Multidimensional Warrior today as a pressie) and some of it is serenely beautiful. Really mellow and just fantastic. Curacion (sorry I don't know how to do the little flick thing above the O) is a fantastic song. I've listened to it like 10 times since getting the cd.

^ Everyone has their own tastes in music. And using something Billy Connolly said which is true, there's no such thing as appalling music or taste in music. It's that others just don't get the point to what they are listening to and instantly dislike it, citing appalling or crap as reason.

^ Everyone has their own tastes in music. And using something Billy Connolly said which is true, there's no such thing as appalling music or taste in music. It's that others just don't get the point to what they are listening to and instantly dislike it, citing appalling or crap as reason.

I bought Riot! when Paramore were still relatively unknown, and gave it a few whirls.

It sounds good at first, but when I actually listened to the songs properly I was just liek "this is shit..."