NEurope

Got P!nk's album.

It's not at all like So What, which could be a good thing. It's good though, a bit like the slower songs on Try This.

Only half way through though.

(You're not actually allowed to say the first sentence Paj. Edit yo!)

OH NOES>

Done so.

I've decided today that I'm in the mood for some songs with a few cheeky trumpets half way through to jazz things up a bit. :)

I was wondering whether anyone had some songs they know that do this? :D

Reel Big Fish

Streetlight Manifesto!

Yay for replying to page old posts!

And I can't believe the Astoria's getting demolished! That venue was brilliant :(

On a completely unrelated note, I'm currently completely obsessed with Pixies. So so good.

Reel Big Fish

Streetlight Manifesto!

Yay for replying to page old posts!

And I can't believe the Astoria's getting demolished! That venue was brilliant :(

On a completely unrelated note, I'm currently completely obsessed with Pixies. So so good.

Thanks! :D I listened to Reel Big Fish (Dyson's suggstion) and also Platty's suggestions Just what I was looking for. I was actually dancing to some of the cheekiest tunes. :grin:

I shall check out Streetlight Manifesto!

Thanks! :D I listened to Reel Big Fish (Dyson's suggstion) and also Platty's suggestions Just what I was looking for. I was actually dancing to some of the cheekiest tunes. :grin:

I shall check out Streetlight Manifesto!

Awww yeeeah! :D

What songs did you listen to? Everyone seems to love Beer! Give it a shot : peace:

Edit: MGMT have become my band of the moment at the moment! :D

What songs did you listen to? Everyone seems to love Beer! Give it a shot : peace:

Hells yeh, Beer is like the best fun song ever. Very good live

Check out Sell out and their cover of Take On Me aswell

And I'm having abit of an MGMT revival atm, probably because I just finished rewatching Skins. Check out Cage the Elephant's cover of Kids btw, it's awesome :)

I'm a bit of a Ska nut. But modern ska, including ska punk, is shit. Except for Reel Big Fish, who are class. (Rancid are a bit of a mixed bag.)

Original & 2-Tone Ska >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Third wave Ska

I listened to Sell Out, Take on me, Don't Start a Band, Beer pretty much the first page of Youtube! :D Good stuff!

The cheekiest band of the day has to be Go Team! always end up listening to a random song of theirs after LadyHawke for some reason.

MGMT grew on me now I really like them. I love Weekend Wars! :grin:

Hells yeh, Beer is like the best fun song ever. Very good live

Check out Sell out and their cover of Take On Me aswell

And I'm having abit of an MGMT revival atm, probably because I just finished rewatching Skins. Check out Cage the Elephant's cover of Kids btw, it's awesome :)

Sell Out is another class song, along with their cover of Take on Me. Though to be fair I only own their live album (Our live album is better than your live album) which is pure class. I'd love to see them live!

And I shall do!

I listened to Sell Out, Take on me, Don't Start a Band, Beer pretty much the first page of Youtube! :D Good stuff!

The cheekiest band of the day has to be Go Team! always end up listening to a random song of theirs after LadyHawke for some reason.

MGMT grew on me now I really like them. I love Weekend Wars! :grin:

Weekend Wars is probably my favourite MGMT song! Though Time to Pretend comes a close second, along with Kids! Actually, for the first time in ages I can probably say I really love their entire album! (Except Pieces of What, a song I actually dislike x_x)

MGMT are rather good, I love a few of the songs on the album.

--

I've finally given "Tangled up" by Girls Aloud a chance, and I have to say it's a brilliant little pop album. I may have to try some of their others. "Damn" and "Girl Overboard" and "Close To Love" are especially epic.

Weekend Wars is probably my favourite MGMT song! Though Time to Pretend comes a close second, along with Kids! Actually, for the first time in ages I can probably say I really love their entire album! (Except Pieces of What, a song I actually dislike x_x)

I love the whole build up of Weekend Wars and how it explodes at the end. If you get what I mean? :) Yes I'd have to say Kids is another excellent song closely followed by time to pretend in third for me!

Loves LadyHawke.

Awesome, I love her. All her songs are excellent. I love listening to Morning Dream when I wake up it's magical. :grin:

I've finally given "Tangled up" by Girls Aloud a chance, and I have to say it's a brilliant little pop album. I may have to try some of their others. "Damn" and "Girl Overboard" and "Close To Love" are especially epic.

Tangled up Grew on me as well! :yay: I love the 3 songs you have mentioned! :heart:

I'm glad I gave it a chance this summer. ^____^ It had some really good tracks on the album and now that I really like Girls Aloud I can't wait for Out of Control as I think The Promise is great and the other snippets of songs that I've heard I've liked the sound of also. :D From Tangled up I also really like Fling and Black Jacks. : peace:

These are the Snippets from the Songs from Girls Aloud new album:

I love the whole build up of Weekend Wars and how it explodes at the end. If you get what I mean? :) Yes I'd have to say Kids is another excellent song closely followed by time to pretend in third for me!

Definitely, a bit like Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse? I know exactly what you mean though! :D

Definitely, a bit like Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse? I know exactly what you mean though! :D

*on the same wave length*

Okay I've just listened to the song again and firstly I forgot how awesome Muse are. : peace:

Second of all I can see where your coming from with Butterflies and Hurricanes it definately has a big build up but breaks out much more in the middle of the song and then again right at the end.

Thirdly I feel Space Dementia is along the same lines as well! :)

Though neither are quite like MGMT in the sense I was talking about. I get what you mean though. :D I hope again you get what this mess of a post means again. :p

I do know what you mean though! Weekend Wars sorta..climaxes at one point and it all comes to a peaceful, slow end, after building up for so long. I really don't know how else to put it! :D

The build up in the Muse songs is different to the build up in MGMT's - but I do know what you mean! Do you? :D

Do I know what I mean?

or

Do I know what you Mean?

I don't know any more. :p I'm glad you know! :heh:

What I do know is Muse are Brilliant. ^___^ and Weekend Wars is a very well constructed song. :D

I like (I believe it is) Kids because of the line; This is a call to arms to live and love and sleep together.

And also Electric Feel because it reminds me of Kristen Bell in a sad pathetic way. But i'm cool with that.

I love MGMT too :) we seem to share quite a lot of our musical taste Dyson... Muse, Keane, MGMT... what else do you like? personally I'm eagerly awaiting the next Snow Patrol album, really love them. ^^

I love MGMT too :) we seem to share quite a lot of our musical taste Dyson... Muse, Keane, MGMT... what else do you like? personally I'm eagerly awaiting the next Snow Patrol album, really love them. ^^

If Oxigen Waste was dead he would be rolling in his grave right now.

But I also love MGMT.

LOL, Oxigen came to my mind too.

-----

I feel ill, so I'm listening to a Rest & Relaxation CD by Montgomery Smith.

-----

I kinda like MGMT, but a lot of the songs felt like they had a ledge for me to grab onto them with, but then they kinda drifted away, leaving me none-the-wiser exactly where I was. Except Time To Pretend.

But I also love MGMT.

I respect Muse and MGMT. In fact, I love Muse except for the last album. And MGMT is ok.

My only beef here is keane. :heh:

Oh, and snow patrol.

I respect Muse and MGMT. In fact, I love Muse except for the last album. And MGMT is ok.

My only beef here is keane. :heh:

Oh, and snow patrol.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Snow Patrol :heh:

I'm listening to MGMT now, got two more songs left, not really my cup of tea. Well I wouldn't say I dislike them, just that there's a fair bit of music on my iTunes that I would rather listen too!