NEurope

As I said last night, I had one too many beers. I now accept that you're not the worshipper of Britney Spears that the Corona made me think you were :heh:

I've been listening to Little Boots all morning. Beautiful! :heart:

Tune of the day: Little Boots - Stuck on repeat :grin:

Though I don't have the album, she seems VERY overhyped. I mean, her lyrics are pretty awful, let's not lie to each other.

Just Dance is the only genuinely good song I've heard. (Poker Face felt all mixed up, and Beautiful Dirty Rich sounded odd and bland)

Better than what Aguilera is doing atm though.

Tbh half the time I can't hear what she is saying, but just the sound is enough.

I agree it's better than what Aguilera is trying to do (as of yet) but I'm sick of people comparing the two.

Apparently, Goldfrapp and Ladytron are working with Aguilera on her new album :heh:

I've been listening to Little Boots all morning. Beautiful! :heart:

Tune of the day: Little Boots - Stuck on repeat :grin:

Very nice.

I think Little Boots rocks. So much so I almost hope she doesn't become popular.

When's her album out? You've pre-ordered it haven't you?

Very nice.

I think Little Boots rocks. So much so I almost hope she doesn't become popular.

I hate when people become too big. Like Ting Tings were ruined for me when chavs started playing them really loudly on their phones on buses.

Little Boots is ace. Electro babes ftw :heh:

Does she have any releases worth gaining?

listening to TV On The Radio's LP currently. Reasonably convinced they know what they're doing but they've not grabbed me totally. I'll give it a bit more time and see how it lodges in my grey matter post hence.

I hate when people become too big. Like Ting Tings were ruined for me when chavs started playing them really loudly on their phones on buses.

Reminds me of when I liked The Kills. About 4 years before everyone else. :heh:

Little Boots is ace. Electro babes ftw :heh:

Does she have any releases worth gaining?

Have you got the Treasure Fingers' remix of Little Boots' 'Meddle'? I've probably said this before.

Reminds me of when I liked The Kills. About 4 years before everyone else. :heh:

Yeah, but to fair Midnight Boom is their best album, so I'm over it.

And when I went to see them live, the majority of the crowd were in their 30s - a surprising lack of young people.

Yeah, but to fair Midnight Boom is their best album, so I'm over it.

And when I went to see them live, the majority of the crowd were in their 30s - a surprising lack of young people.

I'm just bitter for no reason. My music tastes changed anyway so I haven't even listened to their latest albums. :heh:

Very nice.

When's her album out? You've pre-ordered it haven't you?

Ah, no! :)

I preordered her EP on Itunes which came out today, which consists of 3 songs which I've been listening to. :D The songs are Stuck on Repeat, Meddle (tenorian piano version) and Love Kills. All are great songs in my opinion.

listening to TV On The Radio's LP currently. Reasonably convinced they know what they're doing but they've not grabbed me totally. I'll give it a bit more time and see how it lodges in my grey matter post hence.

Keep going with them! :grin: It took me a few listens but now I think they have a fantastic sound. Which album are you listening to?

Quick question, what does everyone here think of eminem?

Because i've just gone back to listen to The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP and wow..he's actually so much more talented that i used to think he was. I just watched a video of him and Elton John doing Stan together at the grammys, it's just amazing.

Really hope his new album makes people remember how good he was.

I used to be into Eminem when I was much younger.

I had the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP and a couple of singles. I did really like him, he had some very clever lyrics. Plus 8 Mile is a pretty good film.

I've drifted away from Hip-Hop since then, as my taste in Rock intensified and I began learning the guitar. But there are some hip-hop songs I still like. Eminem, for example, but on nostalgia reasons.

Yep, I always had a little soft spot for a bit of Eminem myself. Nothing huge, just 1 or 2 songs.

I used to be into Eminem when I was much younger.

I had the Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP and a couple of singles. I did really like him, he had some very clever lyrics. Plus 8 Mile is a pretty good film.

I've drifted away from Hip-Hop since then, as my taste in Rock intensified and I began learning the guitar. But there are some hip-hop songs I still like. Eminem, for example, but on nostalgia reasons.

Pretty much the same as me. I'd still listen to him if he came on the radio nowadays, can't say that about many rappers I hear now.

I could need to hear. I only have one Metric album (Grow Up An Blow Away), and I've only heard MASTRKRFT's mix of D.A.N.C.E by Justice, but it sounds promising.

Go for it.

http://daftvice.wordpress.com/2009/01/04/i-fought-the-war/

You listened to the Breakbot stuff?

Quick question, what does everyone here think of eminem?

Because i've just gone back to listen to The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP and wow..he's actually so much more talented that i used to think he was. I just watched a video of him and Elton John doing Stan together at the grammys, it's just amazing.

Really hope his new album makes people remember how good he was.

Eminem is sold. Very enjoyable.

Reminds me of the first half of this decade.

Yeah, I'm not opposed to Eminem at all, and actually have the Marshall Mathers LP. He seems to strike a good balance between silly and serious.

Need to catch up on some music posted the last few days but now for some love in the shape of Frou Frou

(dont think theres an official video so this Garden State one will have to do)

Just thought I'd post this because I found it on my computer today and I still love it long time.

Royksopp ad Frou Frou are both what lovely sounds like.

-------

I love this song, it's been on repeat since getting the Mulholland Drive soundtrack. It seems haunting to me after the film...

I'm in love with Will Youngs "Grace". He's a damn good live singer aswell. I've always had a passing liking for him, but with "Grace" it's grown into love. He's easily the best thing to ever emerge from a talent show. He's got a fantastic/interesting voice. (Also, "Leave Right Now" is :heart: )

Will Young - Grace (Live - it sound better than the Studio version imo)

The quiet bit at 2:54 is rather Jizz worthy too.

I love when artists use the correct grammar in song lyrics.

Like in Front Row by Alanis:

I have this overwhelming loss of ambition.

We said let's name thirty good reasons

why we shouldn't be together.

I started by saying things like "You smoke", "You live in New Jersey"

You started saying things like "You belong to the world"

- All of which could have been easily refuted;

but the conversation was hypothetical.

I am totally short of breath for you

why can't you shut your stuff off!

And in Laura Marling's My Manic And I:

I wander the streets, avoiding their meets

'Till the ring on my finger slips to the ground

A gift to the gutter, a gift to the city

The veins of which have broken me down.

I just love lovely lyrics in general though.

Chair I'm gonna count how many times you say 'love' and lovely' in a day, and I'm going to LOVE you for it :)

It's somethiing like every sentence he utters, " I love that" etc ;)

jeff buckley, hmm thoughts on him = not what i thought, he has more talent than most, but uses it...oddly

Prime example is the 5-6 min section in hallelujah

I love when artists use the correct grammar in song lyrics.

Like in Front Row by Alanis:

I have this overwhelming loss of ambition.

We said let's name thirty good reasons

why we shouldn't be together.

I started by saying things like "You smoke", "You live in New Jersey"

You started saying things like "You belong to the world"

- All of which could have been easily refuted;

but the conversation was hypothetical.

I am totally short of breath for you

why can't you shut your stuff off!

And in Laura Marling's My Manic And I:

I wander the streets, avoiding their meets

'Till the ring on my finger slips to the ground

A gift to the gutter, a gift to the city

The veins of which have broken me down.

I just love lovely lyrics in general though.

I'm pretty sure Alanis Morissette must just think up loose structures/themes for a song, then flip through thesauruses and dictionaries and stuff, to get as interesting or gramatically intruiging lyrics as possible.