NEurope

Since watching 500 Days of Summer I've fallen in love with Hall and Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True, its so full of happy.

(the rest of the film isn't as goofy quirky as that but there's a good reason he's that happy)

Full song:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Unbelievably Ash, I've been listening to that for most of the day. It's just such a pleasant and enjoyable song. Used to listen to it loads and the forgot about it until I saw the trailer for 500 Days of Summer in the cinema a few months back.

WAIT WHAT?! The album leaked?

Yep. Its fucking brilliant :yay:

Although many people disagree...

Saw Friendly Fires the other night at their St Albans homecoming gig. It was pretty good, though disappointingly the exact same setlist as they played at Reading - which was probably the better performance. Their album is ridiculously fun to listen to though. Got stuff signed aswell which is always nice.

I love the singer's camp dancing aswell.

Oh and I met all of Passion Pit at Reading. One of them drew me a Sleepyhead and another a flower for some reason. (L)

Also, cracking Annie Lennox cover of Neil Young's Don't Let it Bring You Down.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yep. Its fucking brilliant :yay:

Although many people disagree...

WHAT ALBUM LEAKED... sorry but I am after an album that will not leak

People are soo stupid shit live quality versions of new songs have comeout and are making them their first listen erm why

Not that album, an album with actual potential :heh: (Brand New - Daisies).

Read the thread before you Musegasm.

MUSEGASM MUSEGASM UNATURAL SELECTION

Do you like any music that isn't Muse? Hate to break it to ya, but they're not that good

Do you like any music that isn't Muse? Hate to break it to ya, but they're not that good

That riff, that riff

Wow... while it's still far from their best, that's the first song I've heard off their latest album that sounds somewhere inbetween Origin of Symmetry and Absolution in terms of quality, so I'd say there is definitely at least some hope for the album yet.

Edited by S.C.G

Matt Bellamy vocally has improved dramatically

Indeed, his vocal work is pretty impressive even if the lyrics in Unnatual Selection aren't the best, they are still better than the ones featured in Uprising and they are delivered really well :) easily the best track I've heard off their new album so far.

Today I listened to Medulla by Bjork... and I did like it a lot, some very nice tracks on there indeed but one in particular while I enjoyed it I was also thinking 'wtf?' inside because it really is one of the strangest tracks I've ever heard, even by Bjork's standards. :heh:

Today I listened to Medulla by Bjork... and I did like it a lot, some very nice tracks on there indeed but one in particular while I enjoyed it I was also thinking 'wtf?' inside because it really is one of the strangest tracks I've ever heard, even by Bjork's standards. :heh:

Ancestors?

It's amazing. That whole album is arguably her greatest acheivement, the fact it's ALL vocals/voices, with I think one bit of piano in Ancestors, and a musical loop in Desired Constellation.

So good.

Ancestors?

It's amazing. That whole album is arguably her greatest acheivement, the fact it's ALL vocals/voices, with I think one bit of piano in Ancestors, and a musical loop in Desired Constellation.

So good.

Oh yeah, I'm not denying that it's brilliant, just that track in particular creeped me out a little :heh: kind of unsettling but in a good way... but yes the way that it's almost entirely composed of just vocals - quality vocals at that - is amazing and it's indeed an achievement in itself.

I can't wait until Monday when I'll be listening to Volta... :)

Oh yeah, I'm not denying that it's brilliant, just that track in particular creeped me out a little :heh: kind of unsettling but in a good way... but yes the way that it's almost entirely composed of just vocals - quality vocals at that - is amazing and it's indeed an achievement in itself.

I can't wait until Monday when I'll be listening to Volta... :)

The mars volta? need a song for that hype

No, he means Volta by Bjork.

I should get around to listening to The Mars Volta though. They're on my "list".

The mars volta? need a song for that hype

No, the album Volta by Bjork... it's her latest one chronologically afaik, I've been working my way through her discography, there are many tracks of hers that I find immensely enjoyable. :)

-----------------------------------------------

Relistening to Medulla again... fuck! Where Is The Line, Who Is It, Oceania, Ancestors, Mouth's Cradle and Triumph of a Heart are all amazing tracks. :D

-----------------------------------------------

Also are there many who are into Avenged Sevenfold here? I really like a lot of their music - seen them live once also - but have only now got around to buying their CD's... anyone got any favourite tracks?

Edited by S.C.G

There was never no hope for the album.

Parents came back from the Teignmouth gig last night earlier with only brilliant things to say about Unnatural Selection. Apparantly the set was fantastic and the new songs work, though one of them apparantly feels like it should lift off but never does. But yeah, very excited for the album, not gonna listen to Unnatural Selection live though due to the crap quality.

I'll wait for the album. No need to be so melodramatic though stuwii (BEST ALBUM EVARRRR) and SCG (The album might reclaim former glory!) :heh:

Saw Friendly Fires the other night at their St Albans homecoming gig. It was pretty good, though disappointingly the exact same setlist as they played at Reading - which was probably the better performance. Their album is ridiculously fun to listen to though. Got stuff signed aswell which is always nice.

I love the singer's camp dancing aswell.

Friendly Fires blew me away at Reading Festival, and I only saw the first half of their show. I love how his camp dancing doesn't piss me off at all, unlike Taking Back Sunday's lead singer where it's quite obviously an attempt at fakegay. Yeah I just made up that word but it works.

There was never no hope for the album.

I know but... it's just that after hearing both ESOE and Uprising and not really being blown away by either I was starting to long for the days of old once more.

and SCG (The album might reclaim former glory!) :heh:

Well I know it won't reclaim former glory but... Unnatural Selection is close to being inbetween OOS and Absolution in terms of song quality Imo and it's the first track from their new album that I've heard that has shown promise.

I do agree though, I'll reserve full judgement for when the album is actually released because I'm sure that I'm still gonna like it either way. :)

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

I have been listening to Music Has The Right To Children by Boards of Canada and Quaristice by Autechre recently.

'Music..' is just brilliant. I love pretty much everything about it, stand out track for me would be Roygbiv. The whole album flows perfectly and has so much atmosphere.

Quaristice is quite different. I'm finding it very difficult to listen to, it's such an unwelcoming album. Still can't make my mind up about it but I shall persevere. I need LP5, that seems like the best Autechre album from what I have read.

Thought I'd give Tom Waits a try, so I started at the beginning and listened to Closing Time earlier. Clearly an accomplished debut album but it feels dated. Filled with emotion throughout, although sometimes I feel like he's poking fun with the clichés in his lyrics, maybe just me. I loved Martha, I also chuckled when he followed it with a song about Rosie. I hope that I don't fall in love with you is a simple narrative in a song, but beautiful and really lovely to listen to. Not a life changing album, but I'm assured he gets much better.

Thought I'd give Tom Waits a try, so I started at the beginning and listened to Closing Time earlier. Clearly an accomplished debut album but it feels dated. Filled with emotion throughout, although sometimes I feel like he's poking fun with the clichés in his lyrics, maybe just me. I loved Martha, I also chuckled when he followed it with a song about Rosie. I hope that I don't fall in love with you is a simple narrative in a song, but beautiful and really lovely to listen to. Not a life changing album, but I'm assured he gets much better.

I've heard so much about him - I really need to listen to him too.

Might buy Closing Time.

I just got back from seeing Muse at The Den, was a fucking brilliant gig! Unnatural Selection is deffinitely an amazing song, but I thought the other new songs they played were pretty amazing too (Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, plus Uprising and USoE.)

I'll upload the videos I took tomorrow, for now heres a setlist:

Uprising

Map of the Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Interlude + Hysteria

New Born

Feeling Good

United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage (Short)

Cave

Popcorn

Starlight

Undisclosed Desires

Time is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Stockholm Syndrome

Plug In baby

Knights of Cydonia