NEurope

That's so fucking good.

---

Listened to a bit of Led Bib today. It was interesting, but not enough for me to actually go back and listen to it again.

An excellent cover brilliantly performed, Beej & Peej harmonise really well and practically make that song their own. :)

An excellent cover brilliantly performed, Beej & Peej harmonise really well and practically make that song their own. :)

Eh, Sisyphus.

Eh, Sisyphus.

Eh, agreed? :wtf: if going by the definition - "A difficult and futile endeavor may be called a “labor of Sisyphus†or a “Sisyphean task."

It's a reference to YS by Joanna Newsom.

Ah... sadly it was wasted on me as although I have it, I haven't listened to it yet >.> but I shall, tonight? possibly... but not before, though I will be listening to Homogenic on the journey to / from work today so I think I can be temporarily forgiven. :heh:

Homogenic...prepare to be blown away. By far my favourite Bjork album. Pretty dark.

To be fair Stuwii's posts are no more predictable and boring than most others in here.

To be fair Stuwii's posts are no more predictable and boring than most others in here.

Not really, since Stuwii's posts are ridiculously 1-dimensional.

Yes, I do hark on about PJ Harvey*, but at least I post interesting videos, and talk about a variety of her albums and specific songs I like, and how she compares to other artists etc etc.

* And Bjork, and Tori Amos, and Joanna Newsom, and Alanis Morissette, and Kate Bush, and Alison Mossheart, and Bat For Lashes, and Tegan and Sara, and Dido, and loads others - whereas Stuwii just harks on about Muse, and nothing but Muse.

Madonna - Celebration (Benny Benassi Edit) Music Video

There will be a video for the single/radio version of the song released next week. So far the only picture released from that is a picture of Lourdes dressed up as her (who also features in the remix video too). Really looking forward to the single version video.

article-0-06428937000005DC-388_468x327.jpg

You just don't like the stuff that is mentioned a lot in here. That doesn't make Stuwii's pointless posts redeemable.

Edited by Paj!

You just don't like the stuff that is mentioned a lot in here. That doesn't make Stuwii's pointless posts redeemable.

Not really. Stuwii's posts are just an extension of the majority in here, although he does only talk about one artisit, instead of maybe three.

So you get the exact same from a post by Stuwii than one by someone posting stuff about maybe 2 or 3 different artists and posting links to the songs etc?

Not really. Stuwii's posts are just an extension of the majority in here, although he does only talk about one artisit, instead of maybe three.

I'm sorry JonSt/Gizmo, but it's not like you're adding anything really unpredictable either. If it were Coolness Bears, Dan Dare, Daft or Ashley or someone like that saying what you're saying, it would be different, because they actually bring stunning, unheard-of music to the table.

Stop making it out as though we're in the wrong for talking about the music we're passionate about. This thread is for discussion. There's nothing to stop you discussing the music you like too.

I'm sorry JonSt/Gizmo, but it's not like you're adding anything really unpredictable either. If it were Coolness Bears, Dan Dare, Daft or Ashley or someone like that saying what you're saying, it would be different, because they actually bring stunning, unheard-of music to the table.

Stop making it out as though we're in the wrong for talking about the music we're passionate about. This thread is for discussion. There's nothing to stop you discussing the music you like too.

I have posted in here many times and will continue to do so, I don't feel the need to do it after every song play on iTunes/Spotify/whatev. I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the so called 'stunning' music brought to the table by the so called musical elite, it's no different to what the majority of others in here post. I'm all for being passionate about music but can't you be passionate about more than the same four or five artists?

I'm all for being passionate about music but can't you be passionate about more than the same four or five artists?

I'll write a list of who I've talked about in this thread over the recent months, that I can remember (both to prove a point, and for my own amusement). Those in italics were mentioned only once or twice, those in bold I've talked about alot.

Alanis Morissette

Animal Collective

Antony & The Johnsons

Avril Lavigne

Bat For Lashes

Beck

Beyonce

Bjork

Black Cherry

Blood Red Shoes

Boards Of Canada

Bon Iver

Camille

CSS

Catatonia

Cerys Matthews

Chris De Burgh

CocoRosie

Cyndi Lauper

Death In Vegas

Dido

The Dirty Projectors

Dixie Chicks

Elbow

Feist

Fever Ray

Fight Like Apes

Fleet Foxes

Florence + The Machine

Foals

Garbage

An Horse

Jenny Lewis

Joanna Newsom

John Parish

Joni Mitchell

Juliette Lewis

Kaki King

Kate Bush

The Kills

La Roux

Lady Gaga

Ladyhawke

Ladytron

Laura Marling

Laura Veirs

Lisa Hannigan

Liz Phair

Madonna

Maria & The Diamonds

Martha Wainwright

MGMT

Neko Case

Panda Bear

Patrick Wolf

PJ Harvey

Polly Scattergood

Portishead

Rachel Unthank & The Winterset

Radiohead

Regina Spektor

Rilo Kiley

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Robyn

Roisin Murphy

Santogold

Sarah Slean

Scarlett Johansonn

Shakira

Sheryl Crow

Sia

Sigur Ros

Sinead O'Connor

St. Vincent

Tegan & Sara

Telepathe

Tool

Tori Amos

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yeasayer

That's a relatively diverse list, IMO. Everyone just seems to ignore the posts where I'm stunned by Cerys Matthews and Fight Like Apes.

So Oasis are no more, who will pick up the biggest UK band baton, I know my bet

Biggest UK band baton has always been carried by Iron Maiden and will continue to be as they show no sign in slowing down.

Today, for some reason, I've been listening to Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo by The Bloodhound Gang. I remember it being catchy and I like it. Plus, Jimmy Pop is a rather strange lead for a band. His mannerisms are very outlandish which is a change from the constant run of stuck up and arrogant leads.

Radiohead have always been bigger than Oasis.

Radiohead are boring as hell

Radiohead are boring as hell

Yeah, sure they are...

That's why they're so incredibly influential. Because they are boring.