NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Cubivore....Whos played it?

I just won this off ebay the other day and it should arrive this week. I picked it up because I had heard some good things about it and it looks quirky. Have any of you guys played it and if so what kind of time am I in for?

Wow, at first I thought this was going to be another Gamesphere esque thread. But No! It is a real game 533283_front.jpg

Gamespot gave it a 7.3 calling it "As an offbeat conceptual piece, Cubivore is a must-have. As a game, it's slightly above average--an interesting combination of puzzle-solving and action that's plagued with camera issues."

Im surprised I've not heard anything about this, online or via magazines. Seems interesting, let's have some feedback once you get it.

Is it a PAL release?

Its been out a while now in the USA but it never graced our shores. I think it started out as a N64 game.

Apparently its pretty hard to find in the US,just going on what gamefaqs peeps say, so to find a copy here in the uk was pretty lucky.

I only played it a few times - it is really funny but then my cousin moved and he still knew that I have his copy.

It was under development for the Nintendo 64 and was shifted to the Gamecube like a few others (http://ign64.ign.com/articles/324/324402p1.html).

No no... it came out in N64 named Doubutsu Banchou japan, just like animal forest/animal crossing and Doshin, then it was converted to the gamecube.

I imported it like 1 year and a half ago, it was already out of print then and I bought a closed/new box very cheap, there are "only" 250 000 copies of it, surely one of the rarest gamecube titles in the coming years.

Great, great game, I love it.

No no... it came out in N64 named Doubutsu Banchou japan, just like animal forest/animal crossing and Doshin, then it was converted to the gamecube.

I imported it like 1 year and a half ago, it was already out of print then and I bought a closed/new box very cheap, there are "only" 250 000 copies of it, surely one of the rarest gamecube titles in the coming years.

Great, great game, I love it.

Great sounds like I got it for a steal of just under £20!

whoa.. always wanted to play this as I heard that you can mate and also make poo!!

now.. not many games offer that!

That sucks!!! Why aren't we given ANY GAMES!?!...GRGRRRRRRRR!!!!! It's an 'Only For' Title too.

Might look out for it myself.

It arrived today but I havent touched it yet as Im on finishing off Baten Kaitos. Once thats done I will give it a whirl.

That sucks!!! Why aren't we given ANY GAMES!?!...GRGRRRRRRRR!!!!! It's an 'Only For' Title too.

Might look out for it myself.

We got Doshin The Giant, Americans didn't, so that makes us even, I guess :indeed:

I have it, its a cool concept but not carried out particularly well IMO. Definitely quirky though and pretty much unlike anything else I have ever played, and so is worthy of a place in my collection ;)

Basically, the game is about evolution (and has one of the coolest manuals ever); you start out as a weird worm-esque beastie that has only one "meat flap" (their choice of words, not mine) and so is at the bottom of the food chain. In order to advance, you must attack other creatures and eat their "meat flaps", becoming stronger and picking up new skills from the different things you eat that will be passed on to your offspring. What you eat will affect your appearance in the next generation (the game plays out on levels, each one spanning a generation in your creatures evolution) - eat fast moving creatures and you will pick up more leg "meat flaps" so you move more quickly, and so on. Eat a mixture of weird things and you will end up a bizarrely shaped mutant that has to try and squirm past its own body parts. Its all very strange. Of course, larger creatures will be looking to eat your meat flaps too, and will stand in the way of vital DNA and mates, so beware!

All in all, I think that around 7/10 is a fair score for this one; definitely a fresh idea, but it could have been so much better.

________

Yamaha Ox99-11

Edited by Johelian

seem cubivore will be released in Europe on the 23rd of December

I'd say it's just a pile of balls though

And I'd say you're an ingorant fool who shouldn't judge until you've at least played it.

But hey. :awesome:

:hmm: i was referring to the release date

i've been searching for a copy of the game for quite a while ;)

I imported Cubivore about a year back if not more but still haven't got round to playing it.