N-Europe

Ratchet & Clank / Jak and Daxter

That Guy

I'm trading in some games next week and am interested in getting one of the Ratchet & Clank games for PS2, since I enjoyed what little I've played of the 1st.

The thing I'm wondering is, which is the best of the 3 on PS2? They all look the same to me and it may be a case of me getting which ever is cheapest if there is no real improvement between 1-3.

I also like the look of Jak and Daxter, has anyone played any of those games, and if so which is the better of those, and how do they compare to Ratchet and Clank?

I've only played Jak and Daxter in the games you mention. It was as entertaining and fun platformer, don't know what to say about hte others since I haven't touched them, but gamerankings says they are all good platformers. They are probably all super cheap anyway.

Jak and Daxter is an awesome game but the sequels blow. Ratchet and Clank are highly addictive and great fun to play and I would recommend them over the Jak series. Make sure you start from the beginning though or you will miss some of the in jokes as you play through the series.

Yeah I really liked all the Jak and Daxter games, but I like 1 the most the most original and innocent of the games, the rest always tried to be GTA too hard IMO

Ratchet and Clank are good, though its more of the same really, Ive played 2 and 3 through and they were good but not a patch on Jak because I played that one first so would always play that one over R+C because I like Jak more I spose.

Get Jak I say

Oh btw isnt there a Ratchet and Clank comming for PS3? I cant wait if there is anyone know a release date or was I just imagining it?

No one like Jak II and III then?

The first one, is 10x better then number II and III. It went all GTA and just didn't work, in my opinion.

You'll love the first one though. It has that great adventure feel, superb colourful locations etc..

Yeah I really like them both. Jak and Daxter was a bit weird with the fact that the levels are all seamless.

Im glad you are enjoying them both. The next Ratchet game is probably what will make me buy a PS3. I love getting all the Skill Points and Bolts in the Ratchet games. For some reason collecting them doesnt seem as tedious as getting items in other platform games such as Banjo Tooie and Donkey Kong 64.

• 2 weeks later...
Im glad you are enjoying them both. The next Ratchet game is probably what will make me buy a PS3. I love getting all the Skill Points and Bolts in the Ratchet games. For some reason collecting them doesnt seem as tedious as getting items in other platform games such as Banjo Tooie and Donkey Kong 64.

Finally someone that shares my view!!

Ratchet and clank never ever gets boring. The third one is the best. I have completed it 7 times now!

I am only going to buy a ps3 for ratchet and clank: tools of destruction (september) and then sell it again.