NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
blumeanie.

love or hate, choose someone.

Hopefully it will help us learn and maybe in time Iraq can be safe for future generations. lets face it, it wasnt then, isnt now, but COULD be.

Exactly, I hate it when people just look at the short term in situations. Its an insult to the Iraqi people more than anyone. Sure things were stable under Sadamm but it was an awful place to live in and no-one can deny how cruel he was.

I am also a big fan of Mr Blair and believe he has done more good than harm for this country.

thank god someone agrees with me! im sure when he was making these (slightly rash) decisions he had the best intentions for the country. im sure all he wanted them to have the oppurtunities that we all take for granted.

we have so much that they dont and perhaps he was a little carried away with this. but one day i hope Iraq sees the benefit of all this.

If i was iraqi, I know for a FACT i would die for my country, if i knew future generations would not have to feel the torture, pain and panic that they do now.

I wonder how many more people will die now through extremist action though? You talk as though Iraq has magically been saved (at least the oil is safe I guess); people are still dying now, both for their country and as civilians in this war - only now Westerners can die as well. At least its a democracy. Hurray for politics!

I think its pretty cute that you think Greenday must be the prime influence for an argument against you. But then, I guess if you must always fight to be against the norm, I guess you must be used to making some pretty sweeping claims.

I believe we had a poster on CE called Maxman who lived in Iraq...I would like to hear his views on what its like to live there now after this interference.

On topic;

Love - family and boyfriend (real surprise)

Hate - No-one really. No-one that any of you would know anyway. Hatred takes too much effort on my part.

________

Jiangling motors

Edited by Johelian

I don't really have many strong political views...although I think tres Cannabis should be legalised.

Anywho I digress...

I love my family, well I love Mum and Dad. My sister really grinds my gears, mainly due to her foolishness on all matters.

And I hate...well shallow minded people.

Blackfox I love you and want to have your babies

This on the other hand

is just embarrising especially as you seem to know a fair amount about politics. Right so Blair is a war criminal, let me guess your one of those cool people that has a t-shirt that says BLIAR! Viva the revolution!

How is it embarrasing? The Iraq war was illegal no? Blair took us into that war on illegal and unfounded pretenses and therefore I see Blair as a war criminal. You cannot call Hitler, Stalin, Hussaine etc war criminals for the mass murder of innocent people during wars and not label Blair one.

And no, no i dont have one of those tee shirts you mention, and no, im not especially excited by a revolution as there is no one to front that revolution that in my eyes deserves to overthrow Blair. The only party i would ever support in parliament at this moment in time is the Greens and we all know the chances of that......

So no, dont label me because i have a problem with Tony Blair. I have my views, you have yours, no need to be all elitist jease....

You can tell I will never be a politician

EDIT: How the fuck can you say life is better for the Iraqi people? Sure it might be in 10 years time when America has demolished whats left of civalisation there. How can suicide bombings every day be good for a society? Sure its one thing knowing your leader is a fucked up sadist (i think we all agree on that) but at least you can stay low and have some stability. With all the civil war and ther constant blood shed i wouldnt know when my time was up. Lets face it, if America had done things properly, Iraq would be a civilised democratic society by now and there would be no stories of death. If they had waited for the UN to back them, which they may not have anyway which also may be the right decision, lives would have been saved.

Oh and, God told me to do it. Comprendé?

I think its pretty cute that you think Greenday must be the prime influence for an argument against you. But then, I guess if you must always fight to be against the norm, I guess you must be used to making some pretty sweeping claims.

Hahaha backed

its funny how uneducated some of you people are. hitler, stalin and other dictators were evil. they were rich men amongst poor people.

so then. bush and blair, have their own gestapo yeah. people in this country are not allowed to vote yeah. you guys really need to get some facts first.

lets move on to the british empire...im sure the monarchs of past are war crimnals as well...going to countries rich in resources, fucking it up.

bush wants the world to be democratic, blair is just following bush. you think bush is bad. it runs in the family. i bet all of you guys think kennedy was the best president ever...wrong...he started the vietnam war.

i bet all of you guys think kennedy was the best president ever...wrong...he started the vietnam war.

But at least he attempted to sort out the problems in his own country before swanning off into another. Kennedy was a pioneer for human rights, no one can question that. What has Blair done? nothing.....

I like Blair and Bush. I obviously don't want people from our country going to war, but it was the right thing to do! I cannot hate people, who generally do have the safety of their country as a worry on their minds, and they are trying their best to sort it out! However thats just my opinion, you are allowed your own opinion on Blair and Bush.

LOVE: My family, the few friends i have (mainly girls), i don't trust anyone really, thats why i only have a few friends, Jake Gyllenhaal (superb actor, my idol), oh and anyone else i idolise!

HATE: The boys who bullied me at school for ruining my confidence, anyone who slates my music choice because 'they' don't like it (thats just pathetic), theres loads of people i 'dislike' but i wouldn't say 'hate' thats a strong word.

:awesome:

I wonder how many more people will die now through extremist action though? You talk as though Iraq has magically been saved (at least the oil is safe I guess); people are still dying now, both for their country and as civilians in this war - only now Westerners can die as well. At least its a democracy. Hurray for politics!

Yep and why do you think the extremists and Sadam loyalists are getting so desperate as to sacrifice themselves as weapons? Because they see the transition of power from a privlaged few to the people of Iraq. Of course things will be worse to begin with, look over history and you will see the lenghts people will go to to stop their grip on pwoer being eroded. Communist Russia is a prime candidate here, eastern Europe was a travesty.

How is it embarrasing? The Iraq war was illegal no? Blair took us into that war on illegal and unfounded pretenses and therefore I see Blair as a war criminal. You cannot call Hitler, Stalin, Hussaine etc war criminals for the mass murder of innocent people during wars and not label Blair one.

Wow the UN called it illegal, the amount of UN laws that Sadam ignored and broke is remarkable. And please don't try and compare Blair with Hitler etc.

: How the fuck can you say life is better for the Iraqi people? Sure it might be in 10 years time when America has demolished whats left of civalisation there. How can suicide bombings every day be good for a society? Sure its one thing knowing your leader is a fucked up sadist (i think we all agree on that) but at least you can stay low and have some stability. With all the civil war and ther constant blood shed i wouldnt know when my time was up. Lets face it, if America had done things properly, Iraq would be a civilised democratic society by now and there would be no stories of death. If they had waited for the UN to back them, which they may not have anyway which also may be the right decision, lives would have been saved.

I said that later life will hopefully be better for the Iraqi people. Do you know what Sadam did to the civilisation of his people? He literally tore it apart, he made ancient relics and walls have his name put on it. He repressed education causing intellectuals to leave. America on the otehr hand is setting up institutions to try and help the rise of Iraq. And as for staying low and living under Sadam thats just immoral. He was making mass graves of people, killing families I wouldn't want to just 'stay quiety' under such a man. The thing with the UN is that France had a veto that they said they would have used no matter what. But I do agree that with the UN it would have been a smoother ride.

But at least he attempted to sort out the problems in his own country before swanning off into another. Kennedy was a pioneer for human rights, no one can question that. What has Blair done? nothing.....

kennedy shot in 63, civil rights act passed in 64. you could argue that he didnt have time to do it, but he didnt. to me he was a great president, the first modern president, but he was not the greatest....lincoln was:P

its funny how uneducated some of you people are. hitler, stalin and other dictators were evil. they were rich men amongst poor people.

Hitler had to paint pictures on the streets of Austria to make money. Stalin, or Josef Vissarionovich as he was known in his young days, came from a family of 2 dead siblings, an overworked mother, and a wife beating mishap of a dad. Neither were particularly rich men among poor people.

so then. bush and blair, have their own gestapo yeah. people in this country are not allowed to vote yeah. you guys really need to get some facts first.

I think you're taking this for granted here. Bush and Blair have their own secret police to deport Jews, homosexuals, ethnic minorities and disabled people to have them murdered?

i bet all of you guys think kennedy was the best president ever...wrong...he started the vietnam war.

Kennedy did not start the war, he merely provided the Southern Vietnamese with aid and troops. The gulf on tonkin incident under the Johnson regime escalated the hostility to war. Sure, he screwed up with the bay of pigs fiasco, but he also stopped an almost inevitible nuclear holocaust.

Just sayin'.

It's sad that George Bush is more hated than Osama Bin Laden (Osama must be having a right laugh about that). We all know that Bush is thick as shit but all the hate he gets should really be going to people like Osama Bin Laden instead.

Anyway, my most loved: My mum

Most hated: Terrorists, murderers, rapists who basically spoil things for decent people.

Delivering democracy at the point of a machine gun or from 20,000ft through the bomb doors , yeah, i also hate terrorists.

How can you not compare Blair to Hitler and Stalin? Yes Hitler killed thousands possibly millions of jews, however does that mean that Blair and Bush should be excused for the thousands they have killed in Iraq and Afghanistan? DOes that mean they should have the right to jail a person for 90 days without reason? I believe these types of punishments and actions were the basis on which Hitler based his death camps on.

Bush and Blair will never be able to control these insurgent groups unless they go around killing and jailing anyone who has the remostest link to the subject, therefore they will never completely contain whichever groups are responsible for the dialy bombings.

I dont see any evidence of a power shift in Iraq. I believe that$202,489,507,814

could have gone to much better use personally.

Hitler had to paint pictures on the streets of Austria to make money. Stalin, or Josef Vissarionovich as he was known in his young days, came from a family of 2 dead siblings, an overworked mother, and a wife beating mishap of a dad. Neither were particularly rich men among poor people.

I did not refer to their past, i refered to when they were in power...example would be saddam having his own palaces while the people of iraq would have to struggle to survive.

Hitler was a bit of an exception because by 1939 the only people that were really suffering were the jews, homos, handicaps etc etc

I think you're taking this for granted here. Bush and Blair have their own secret police to deport Jews, homosexuals, ethnic minorities and disabled people to have them murdered?

my comment was sarcasm, if thats what your asking me

Kennedy did not start the war, he merely provided the Southern Vietnamese with aid and troops. The gulf on tonkin incident under the Johnson regime escalated the hostility to war. Sure, he screwed up with the bay of pigs fiasco, but he also stopped an almost inevitible nuclear holocaust.

Just sayin'.

yes he did bring troops to vietnam with the intentions of hearts and minds to combat the vietcong, does that not wager starting a war, or rather trying to prevent the so called "domino effect"...

i do apologise if i dont use precise words in these circumstances but since you did history a mere 5 or so months ago, i did my history 2 and a half years ago, and i know what im talking about..

also grebe, about you refering to guantanamo bay and the jews in the ghetto im pretty much for the guantanamo bay treatment. and a lot more people deserve to go there from this country, ive met a lot of people who have tried to brainwash me, saying it was blatanetly jews who did this and that...yes when shit goes down..blame the jews, just because they know how to make money ( sorry if a bit stereotypical) hitler sent jewish people to the ghettos because it was pure evil. if you think blair is as bad as hitler then please...stop this tyrant before he takes over the world

Im not saying that Blair and Bush are as bad as Hitler in no way, shape, nor form. however i am saying that locking potentially innocent people away for 90 days without a court verdict, is a small form of Hitlers actions. And it could rise up to be almost as bad in my view if there isnt a stop to it.

Some members of my family, friends and my girlfriend.

People I hate? About 3 people who have a dislike towards me.

I would have to say i hate the men in the sports center (in the changing room) when we just had P.E. :eek:

Sign in to follow this