Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Baten Kaitos Official Thread

Stocka

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive a question, I think the answers going to be a yes anyway but I needa know for sure... do characters still gain experience even when theyre not in the battling line up?

Yes I think so. If I remember correctly it's 50%, said so in the manual.

well startede on this gem of a game a few days ago.. and am finally beginning to manage the card system.... but im probably never going to be a master at selecting the best cards.. often i find my self in battle without a single card to defend with during some turns.. that hurts.. but it's getting better

well startede on this gem of a game a few days ago.. and am finally beginning to manage the card system.... but im probably never going to be a master at selecting the best cards.. often i find my self in battle without a single card to defend with during some turns.. that hurts.. but it's getting better

I often sacrificied other cards and eventually a defense card comes up but generally a 3:2 ratio of attack and defensive cards worked pretty well for me.

Personally i went with the tactics that a good defense is a good offense. I didnt pack that many defense cards with me, then again in RPGs I usually do over level my characters so defense isnt really a problem.

Like it has been said though just find a nice balance of cards and make a deck that suits you. The deck building is one of the reason that makes this game so great because you can make your own strategies and not have to follow other peoples ideas.

A few questions then:

How many hours roughly are in this game? Im still only on disc one like, does the second have plenty of playtime in it?

And, whats the best fighting trio to have? - ie, does it matter or is it just down to personal preference and playing style?

A few questions then:

How many hours roughly are in this game? Im still only on disc one like, does the second have plenty of playtime in it?

And, whats the best fighting trio to have? - ie, does it matter or is it just down to personal preference and playing style?

I believe it's up to 40/50 hours of game... but for total completion you might take 250 hours more (according to Hero-of-Time).

as for the best trio... I used Kalas, Gibari and Great Mizuti... but I got stuck in a battle, so I dunno.

EDIT: My advice though... level up a lot for 2nd disc. and don't forget to make various save states.

My advice though... level up a lot for 2nd disc. and don't forget to make various save states.

Can I ask, is disc two when

cos thats just where Im at so Im thinking its a good time to chill out and level up and maybe collect some cards... but I dunno how motivated Ill remain. As for the quote, is having different saves all that important? Ive never done it that I can remember except very recently in Riviera for GBA.

Can I ask, is disc two when

cos thats just where Im at so Im thinking its a good time to chill out and level up and maybe collect some cards... but I dunno how motivated Ill remain. As for the quote, is having different saves all that important? Ive never done it that I can remember except very recently in Riviera for GBA.

I only had one save in the memory card and when I got stuck I couldn't get back, I couldn't level up because there was no church around... I couldn't do anything. that's why, when you're in the imperial city make a standalone save there.

As for switching over to Disc two... It was right after boarding for the imperial city island, If I recall correctly.

Right you are, Ive multiple saves now and Im on disc two. Im aboard the Goldoboa and just saved it inside the door. Ive not had any bother dispatching with guards and those flying thingies on the Goldoboa so hopefully I should be equipped to get through whatever big boss fight is awaiting me up here.

Seeing the ships flying and then landing on the deck of the big bad Goldoboa has reminded me quite a bit of Skies of Arcadia - even though the games have the floating islands similarities, Baten Kaitos has done a good job differentiating itself from the aforementioned Skies.

** Could be SPOILERS **

I died a few times last night, took me til my third try to take out Giacomo (funnily enough, for the second, I changed my decks cos there were healing cards that had gone stale and whatnot, and I changed tactics to taking out the girl first, i worked well but I died again. Anyway, I was feeling confident and went straight for another retry... however the decks had been reset to what they were for the first try! I felt quite dejected and thought I was gonna get slaughtered but I hung in there, changed tactics again to taking out the guy - Folon? - first and then the girl and thirdly Giacomo. It worked and he unleashed his StarWars style plot twist upon me... before initiating the self destruct on the ship, dirt bag.)

Anyway, onwards to the lava caves. Fighting fire beasts and big freaky looking things and eventually coming upon Geldoblame. I did the battle, won it without a problem and now after all the cutscenes and everything Im reduced to just being bonded with Xelha and Im not feeling optimistic about completing the game lol... who's gonna take Kalas place? Maybe Gibari... definitely him, because the other two, Great Mizuti and Savyna, have no battle experience or decent decks. And I have to go and find them all now, too. I dont expect it to be easy but hey, Ill probably be back to it later even though I dont feel like going any further with it now.

That was quite the update and I tried not to go into details spoilers-wise, but I apologise if you have read that and things have been spoiled for you.

So Im in... crap, I cant mind, Diadem?? The purply cloudy place, you all know where I mean, yeah? Im losing interest fast in this, I dunno why, maybe Ive just played too much of it recently. Anyway, I popped into the dimensional tear whatsit and to open the big stone door I need something from the air. I cant mind exactly what was said on the door, but can someone tell me what I need? Is it some cloud? Where can I get it?!

(*awaits posts saying "gamefaqs is your friend..."*)

So Im in... crap, I cant mind, Diadem?? The purply cloudy place, you all know where I mean, yeah? Im losing interest fast in this, I dunno why, maybe Ive just played too much of it recently. Anyway, I popped into the dimensional tear whatsit and to open the big stone door I need something from the air. I cant mind exactly what was said on the door, but can someone tell me what I need? Is it some cloud? Where can I get it?!

(*awaits posts saying "gamefaqs is your friend..."*)

On the "cloud-path" is a machine that creates clouds (you needed it earlier to get to Celika or what it's called). Store one in a magnus and use it at that rift. The part about the rifts is a bit tiresome but it picks up pace afterwards again.

Thanks for that konfucious, I knew it would be something simple like that - isnt it always?

Ive got things happening again. Anyone remember Wazn? That place was exhausting even me, all that trudging through the snow. It was cool at first but it was so slow! Anyway the place was very nice and the music was kinda sad in the castle, kinda reminded me of Links Awakening.

Now Ive got it saved in the Empire. Im a few floors up the place and found a save point in Geldoblames throne room so I took the opportunity to save it and turn it off.

Tis a good game though, theres no doubting it.

Thanks for that konfucious, I knew it would be something simple like that - isnt it always?

Ive got things happening again. Anyone remember Wazn? That place was exhausting even me, all that trudging through the snow. It was cool at first but it was so slow! Anyway the place was very nice and the music was kinda sad in the castle, kinda reminded me of Links Awakening.

Now Ive got it saved in the Empire. Im a few floors up the place and found a save point in Geldoblames throne room so I took the opportunity to save it and turn it off.

Tis a good game though, theres no doubting it.

I loved that part, didn't find it boring at all :D

phew... finally reached "THAT" battle.. tried it once and got my butt kicked.. im probably never gonna try again.. it's just to much sitting there waiting (endlessly) while the 3 finish their moves.. Giacomo "Speed of the turtle"..

anyway it also just got to much for me.. how stupid can they be? THEY KNOW that every time they reach a goal somebody comes in the door and spoils it for them.. but they are just as surprised every time..

Rest in peace Baten Kaitos

Is there two Baten Kaitos games for GC? And when is the DS one coming out?

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings of the Lost Ocean is out now, and Baten Kaitos Origins, the prequel, is out later this year.

Baten Kaitos DS is rumoured to be cancelled, but we'll see.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!