N-Europe

No New Info For GDC

Dante

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeldafreak, the point is that they cannot talk about new information at this conference.

Sorry to burst your bubble Tellyn888 is thats all they are and were ever going to talk about at GDC, some people have this notion that they are going to be revealing big things. But thats nonesense this is a games developers conference.

Sorry to burst your bubble Tellyn888 is thats all they are and were ever going to talk about at GDC, some people have this notion that they are going to be revealing big things. But thats nonesense this is a games developers conference.
Well... Sony/Microsoft is revealing stuff, and because E3 is gone things are hazy now as when is the correct time to release new info... (Nintendo used to let it build up for E3 before) so yeah.

Apparently they won't be revealing anything because they really can't, otherwise... they could. it's different and it's as simple as that.

Besides, it's interviews and such with people who are working on stuff, you'd expect some tidbits and suggestions/rumors coming out of that.

Well... Sony/Microsoft is revealing stuff, and because E3 is gone things are hazy now as when is the correct time to release new info... (Nintendo used to let it build up for E3 before) so yeah.

Apparently they won't be revealing anything because they really can't, otherwise... they could. it's different and it's as simple as that.

Besides, it's interviews and such with people who are working on stuff, you'd expect some tidbits and suggestions/rumors coming out of that.

Yeah thats why Nintendo is having a press conference along with sony and microsoft and the Electronic Entertainment Media & Press Event.

E3 was repackaged and moved to July, under the name mentioned above.

And Microsoft is concentrating on XNA stuff simply because its about and for developers, just like sony will introduce a similiar type of service for indie developers.

Yeah thats why Nintendo is having a press conference along with sony and microsoft and the Electronic Entertainment Media & Press Event.

E3 was repackaged and moved to July, under the name mentioned above.

And Microsoft is concentrating on XNA stuff simply because its about and for developers, just like sony will introduce a similiar type of service for indie developers.

That's a long way to go since E3 was originally in May.

Point is, it would make sense for Nintendo to announce something at GDC, or at least give fuel to the flame to keep us going if there wasn't a "major stock trading" going on.

Sony and Microsoft because of their situation could well give off more info about upcoming stuff, specially if there's interviews and such.

That's a long way to go since E3 was originally in May.

Point is, it would make sense for Nintendo to announce something at GDC, or at least give fuel to the flame to keep us going if there wasn't a "major stock trading" going on.

Sony and Microsoft because of their situation could well give off more info about upcoming stuff, specially if there's interviews and such.

Thing is though the only way Nintendo could lower stock prices is to say they will be temporaly halting production of all systems.

And actually having E3 in july is better for nintendo simply because the demos should be more polished than usual and also its right in the middle of the game devlopment cycle.

Personally speaking games development companies such as free radical, etc. may set up meetings with the press simply to get attention on their games.

Big studios won't announce stuff at this they have their gamer day events. Also the manufacturing companies won't announce anything majorly new unless its a new pheripherl or software for indie development studios to create games.

Could they still mention things like release dates at this conference? It's not exactly groudbreaking information about new products.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15301&page=1

BIZ: Ok then, so what is the expected release timeframe for Metroid and Mario?

PK: I wish I could tell you. You will learn soon.

Cos, apparantly we will learn release dates of Mario and Metroid soon.

Yeah but remember last yeah at E3 they said they would release the price and release date of the wii soon. But we didn't find out till september.

So I wouldn't be suprised if it was July for all release dates.

Guys you expect to much consumer information from a games developer conference

New information and news that is groundbreaking will send their stock rates skyrocketing, which they don't want.

New information and news that is groundbreaking will send their stock rates skyrocketing, which they don't want.

What indie devlopment tools and internet component is groundbreaking.

Hmmm I don't think so... :rolleyes:

Lets hope something interesting comes out of the GDC. It would be a wasted event otherwise.

Not for the games devlopers there they will learn about new tools etc from modelling 3D characters,etc.

It's annoying how Nintendo blocks its own announcements with this stock issue. They'd better solve this very quickly. Nintendo basically can't and won't do anything boosting their share values as that would mean more expenses for the rebuy.

Mario and Metroid will definately be released in 2007. Metroid before Mario, Mario nearer Christmas.

Metroid will probably be out September.

There allowed to talk about games we already know about though, aren't they? I mean...a Super Paper Mario European date would be nice.

AND we will get new hands-on verdicts of future games (we already know) won't we?

No? :confused:

GDC+Nintendo will be crap then. I hope Sony and Microsoft tell us some juicy news then.

GDC+Nintendo will be crap then. I hope Sony and Microsoft tell us some juicy news then.

GDC isn't never been about big annoucements, because it is meant exclusively for game developers. It has never been same kind of freak circus as E3, and never will be. Sony is going to have relatively big announcement this year, but it is made at GDC only because currently Sony is quite desperate for positive hype.

They can only talk about past games and consoles: NO NEW INFORMATION!

You do know the keynotes are already preapproved with the people who put GDC on don't ya.

They can talk about what development tools as it won't raise the price. And they can discuss anything that they have showing.

GDC isn't never been about big annoucements, because it is meant exclusively for game developers. It has never been same kind of freak circus as E3, and never will be. Sony is going to have relatively big announcement this year, but it is made at GDC only because currently Sony is quite desperate for positive hype.

Apart from the last bit - Sony will be announcing how indie developers can create gmaes for their machine. Microsoft are announcing when XNA profesional will come out. And Nintendo will be doing the same thing.

Apart from that people here are expecting consumer announcements at a conference for Games developers.

If they really would like to announce something spectacular they just could add another day and tell the press what they would like to share.

GDC is not about fans and userbase - it should be a possiblity to communicate with developers. Get ideas and make deals with game studios.

Oh before I forget I am 95% sure that the Wii will get Kid Icarus and GTA4 ...

(I can't tell my source but since nobody will believe me anyway, I am just going to keep that thread bookmarked and grab it out when it is time)

If they really would like to announce something spectacular they just could add another day and tell the press what they would like to share.

GDC is not about fans and userbase - it should be a possiblity to communicate with developers. Get ideas and make deals with game studios.

(I can't tell my source but since nobody will believe me anyway, I am just going to keep that thread bookmarked and grab it out when it is time)

I'm sure there not allowed to say anything until the contract has been finalised or something with this Stock thing.

Expect no new information on any Wii game at all which is made by Nintendo until this thing is finalised. Which could be a couple more months yet....

I think thats right.

Still we have third-party games to hear more about! :smile:

kid icarus was already mentioned by Miyamoto in an interview with IGN before the Wii was out ign asked

IGN: Will you make Kid Icarus for Revolution?

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, I'm actually working really closely right now with the director of the [original] game. Now, whether or not when we get the Revolution all set up and everything is finalized, well who knows? That might be one of those characters where everybody says, "Hey, with the way our console is designed, that would be a perfect match." My question to you is, if we made this game would you buy it?

IGN: Absolutely.

Shigeru Miyamoto: Well, we obviously can't ignore that. Okay, we'll get the Eggplant Wizard coming back.

only its not oficial when it comes out or specific info on the game

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!