N-Europe

Chicken Flu in Europe

system_error

Well those drugs bought by governments are mostly reserved for doctors, military personal, police, politicians, ... and even this drug doesn't ensure you get instantly better. All it does is slowing down the growth of the virus. So far I am not that scared but it is a scenario that mankind should consider as a definite threat.

I'm not afraid, yet, but I am annoyed by how the media are hyping it. At the current state the threat is the loss of millions of birds. The viruses may or may not mutate. The media seem to be making it out that it will mutate and will kill us all, in sense creating a sense of panic and fear.

Didn't like, 60 people die because of this already in Asia?

*checks*

Yep, 60 died. And the virus has now also been found in Greece already. Seriously, don't think this is just something like a cold or something that will go over. It -is- dangerous and so it would probably be best to keep following the news about this, I think.

Yeah but thats 60 people since 2002 so it's hardly as major as the media are making it out to be!

I think GMTV's news hour got it right this morning when they went on about all the 'IF's', e.g. IF it reaches the UK, IF it mutates so it can travel between two humans, etc

Guest Ford Prefect
Isn't that the only way humans can catch it?

no, you cannot catch bird flu by eating an infected bird. remaining in close proximity to them for extended period like a farm worker would do is how you get it. its like working in an office with several people who have a cold, eventually you're going to get it, unless you kill them, stick em in a pit and burn them............ oh wait, thats just the birds......