NEurope
Atomic Boo

Do my Penguin for me

I've done that experiment about 4 times. its stupid that i could write out a full practical report now without even looking at anything and just faking some results.

A nicer experiment to demonstrate the same osmotic principle, with better design (although only qualitative) is as follows:

Get 5 different concentrations of salt solution (0M, 0.2M, 0.4M, 0.6M, 0.8M and 1M works well). Now cut little strips from a celery stick, in the direction of the stem. Due to the waxy cuticle on top, and the turgid cells beneath, the strips will bend back a little. Now if you leave a strip in a petri dish of each solution for half an hour or so, you'll end up with each strip being bent a different amount depending on the solution. This looks quite impressive.

I've done that experiment about 4 times. its stupid that i could write out a full practical report now without even looking at anything and just faking some results.

In your A-level report you can get 18/20 in your practical exam thingy through doing exactly that. You'd get 20/20 if you made up results show the right values.

(seriously, I'm not joking look a the mark scheme. 7 marks for a good table with correct headings number of d.p etc. Its a joke of an exam)

In your A-level report you can get 18/20 in your practical exam thingy through doing exactly that. You'd get 20/20 if you made up results show the right values.

(seriously, I'm not joking look a the mark scheme. 7 marks for a good table with correct headings number of d.p etc. Its a joke of an exam)

If only A level chemistry coursework was like that...

Instead, I have to work out the mechanism for a reaction which has not yet been discovered as it is too complex.

Instead, I have to work out the mechanism for a reaction which has not yet been discovered as it is too complex.

I have no sympathy for you, as your mention of GO in another thread has caused me to go read all those sites about it because I've always wanted to play. Now I haven't done all the work I was suposed to do and am going to have another sleepless night. I blame you :P

I have no sympathy for you, as your mention of GO in another thread has caused me to go read all those sites about it because I've always wanted to play. Now I haven't done all the work I was suposed to do and am going to have another sleepless night. I blame you :P

Ah well, I look forward to playing go with you instead of doing homework. :heh:

Anyone do/has done A Level German?

Anyone want to help me with my coursework?

I think I could help you. I have no idea what A Level German is, however, as it's my native language I think I should be able to help out.

Can any German speakers help me?

How do you say something like:

"I hope to hear back from you soon"

Or something similar. Thanks for any help!

I like mechanisms. Hit me...I might even be able to suggest something feasible :p

Thanks Konfucious.

I'm alright for the time being, I think I should be okay from now on as well.

But if I need help I'll come to you if thats alright.

Cheers mate.

I like mechanisms. Hit me...I might even be able to suggest something feasible :p

Hmph... unfortunately, I've got to work it out myself.

Thanks though.

We want friction to be just limiting, so F = uR = R/2.

F = Tcos30 = Tsqrt(3)/2

R = Tsin30 + 5g = T/2 + 5g

therefore:

Tsqrt(3/2) = T/4 + 5g/2

And solve that.

We want friction to be just limiting, so F = uR = R/2.

F = Tcos30 = Tsqrt(3)/2

R = Tsin30 + 5g = T/2 + 5g

therefore:

Tsqrt(3/2) = T/4 + 5g/2

And solve that.

....marry me....

....marry me....

I'll pass... :wink:

If anyone saw my post before I edited it, I forgot about the 5kg at first and got it wrong, so appealed to Ginger_Chris for help. :heh:

OK, I need all your native speaking help here, please.

I'm looking for a word (English duh), that describes an issue that does not really matter. Like you would say "We shouldn't be discussing this issue because it's a(n) [insert word here]."

For Dutch speakers reading I need the exact translation for 'randzaak'.

OK, I need all your native speaking help here, please.

I'm looking for a word (English duh), that describes an issue that does not really matter. Like you would say "We shouldn't be discussing this issue because it's a(n) [insert word here]."

For Dutch speakers reading I need the exact translation for 'randzaak'.

If you want to be idiomatic and slightly old fashioned, you could say "it's a trifle". In fact, "it's trival" works just as well but doesn't carry the antiquated connotations.

Thanks, but I'm not sure those are the words I need (irrelevant doesn't necessarily describe a matter of discussion) as it's supposed to be quite formal. Is trival formal enough?

Thanks, but I'm not sure those are the words I need (irrelevant doesn't necessarily describe a matter of discussion) as it's supposed to be quite formal. Is trival formal enough?

Yes, I think trivial is fairly formal.

OED says: Of small account, little esteemed, paltry, poor; trifling, inconsiderable, unimportant, slight.

Okay, thanks so much. I knew there was a single word for what I meant, I just couldn't find it :)

What i hate about nearly every language that isn't English is the fact of 'masculin' and 'feminin'. Oh, and neutral. I'm alright at a-level German though.

Doing Zoology studying now, quite essential in some cases of the job. It is also quite easy and I LOVE it!!! Most schools don't teach it though...

If you really hate remembering things like gender, then try Japanese- no gender, no plurals, only present and past, and verbs don't conjugate for persons.