N-Europe

Warp Zone arrives.

Hero-of-Time

Dont know if this has been posted yet as I have been busy today, if it has just lock and get rid of it. Anyway..........

Nintendo have added a promising feature to the Wii's Virtual Console channel known as "Warp Zone". The feature compliments the classic range by offering a historical look at one of the best video game companies to date.

To access the Warp Zone, players must click on a small smiling face on the Virtual Console menu that'll open access to the Warp Zone for all your retro knowledge needs. "This is your secret doorway into another dimension; a portal into the past, if you will."

Currently the section is fairly empty but Nintendo promises a collection of facts and trivia on its biggest name characters and franchises; an interactive encyclopedia if you will.

Definitely good news for fans of gaming trivia and Nintendo. Hopefully with the Warp Zone in place, it'll be packed full of gaming knowledge for all to see in the future.

It was announced two weeks ago in the smily itself ('It's a secret, but we never thought you'de find it! From now on we'll do something called the Warp Zone over here', a rough translation since I get the Dutch version). Old news, sorry. I was surprised some sites only posted it today.

It was announced two weeks ago in the smily itself ('It's a secret, but we never thought you'de find it! From now on we'll do something called the Warp Zone over here', a rough translation since I get the Dutch version). Old news, sorry. I was surprised some sites only posted it today.

I thought so! I think it's because this week they changed the smilie into a bit more of an evil one, or something, I just remember seeing a > in it and it looking different, so I clicked it and just saw some stuff about OoT.

I thought so! I think it's because this week they changed the smilie into a bit more of an evil one, or something, I just remember seeing a > in it and it looking different, so I clicked it and just saw some stuff about OoT.

Could it be it had something of Mario-games before it? I'm not sure, but I know I read it before. And before the smiley there was a dot: the so called 'secret section' - you know, with no relevant info. I just want Nintendo to speed up the service. Can't they make it load faster? Or be on the fast side of the system? You know, come pre-loaded on it. Would save me time.

Could it be it had something of Mario-games before it? I'm not sure, but I know I read it before. And before the smiley there was a dot: the so called 'secret section' - you know, with no relevant info. I just want Nintendo to speed up the service. Can't they make it load faster? Or be on the fast side of the system? You know, come pre-loaded on it. Would save me time.

I think once the online functions of the Wii are more fleshed out it may be faster, when they have more dedicated Wii servers.

It's nothing to do with the speed of the Wii servers, it's the fact that the Wii can't cache the web pages, unlike Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade. The difference in usability between the two services is like night and day, Nintendo really need to improve the online experience by the time online games start appearing over here.