NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

A new Wii?!!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/6894/1/A_New_Wii_on_the_Way?

Nintendo News | A New Wii on the Way?

Quick News - In a recent interview Nintendo's Perrin Kaplan was asked if the Wii would be relaunched similar to the GBA and DS were and answered:

"Sure, absolutely. You'll see the ways in which we do that."

Check out the full interview below:

Surely they can't be thinking of bringing out a Wii version 2 only a year or so after launch, like they did with the GBA and DS!! That would anger alot of customers!!

Especially if it offered such things as HD graphics, DVD player etc...

This also backs up the recent rumour that there could be updated Wii-motes;

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12113

Could the Wii-mote 2 be launching with an updated console,

Then again maybe this news is just refering to possible new Wii-motes and not the Wii console.

Maybe it's simply refering to new colours.

Or maybe it just means the Wii will recieve some sort of updates through 24 connect or something?!

There's alot of rumours flying around, but to quote the interview again,

"Sure, absolutely. You'll see the ways in which we do that."
Sounds like something is going to happen!

I doubt there'll be any substantial physical updates to the Wii, looks perfect as it is. Hopefully she's just talking about new colours. Then again didn't she also once say that the Wii was going to be region free? So I'll take her latest statement with a grain of salt for now.

Perrin Kaplan: "Sure, absolutely. You'll see the ways in which we do that."

NoA: "???"

NoJ: "We might make a new Wii version to play DVD's in Japan"

..well.. they can't make a brighter screen for it :heh: ..but hopefully they wouldn;t add anything that would make the rest of us jealous..

There will without a doubt be a better wii.. All those feature that you coulndt understand why they left out plus some new ones will be included. Its the same business model as apple. Be very sad that nintendo make profit on hardware

Hope it doesnt happen soon, the old DS needed a facelift, the Wii doesnt.

I'll be really unhappy if they do announce one.

I'd be really surprised if they did this. If they added things like HD then new games wouldn't work on the old Wii, that wouldn't make sense. The DS lite was just a facelift, but to suggest new hardware additions that would make the old one virtually obselete is madness.

Well, I doubt they would change the graphics much, if anything the changes would most likely be purely cosmetic. I have hard time seeing how it can get slimmer and sexier than it already is.

There is absolutely no way this will be anything really significant.

The DS had problems with the design. It was quite bulky. The DS lite is just a sleeker versions with more brightness options. There was only one catalogue of games that work with either system. For example, there were no games you could play on the lite that you couldn't play on the original DS.

There will not be a HD Wii for that specific reason.

As far as I can tell, there are no big issues that need addressing. Sure, maybe another version with a DVD player or even slightly more flash memory are possibly, but that will be as far as it goes.

Do it and I sell up and don't buy a new one. I'm not spending all this money only to have a newer version with etter stuff on 5 minutes later.

There is absolutely no way this will be anything really significant.

The DS had problems with the design. It was quite bulky. The DS lite is just a sleeker versions with more brightness options. There was only one catalogue of games that work with either system. For example, there were no games you could play on the lite that you couldn't play on the original DS.

There will not be a HD Wii for that specific reason.

As far as I can tell, there are no big issues that need addressing. Sure, maybe another version with a DVD player or even slightly more flash memory are possibly, but that will be as far as it goes.

Best be.....

A new Wii might include DVD playback, but since my DVD player is much better than a scratty add-in I won't mind too much. More likely Perrin Kaplan is discussing new colours, and most people are jumping to the wrong conclusions.

On the subject of Perrin, i'd like to admit that I think she's hot.

Do it and I sell up and don't buy a new one. I'm not spending all this money only to have a newer version with etter stuff on 5 minutes later.

Best be.....

Well, look at the past 'upgrades.'

GBA --> GBA SP

Design change, better protection for the screen thanks to the design, and backlight. You can still play the same types of games on it.

DS --> DS lite

Smaller design, better backlight. Generally, this is a design change.

They would not release a more 'powerful' version. They may do what Microsoft and Sony are doing and release a system with more flash memory (like how the PS3 has different versions with bigger/smaller hard drives), so we can store more game saves and VC games. But, that's just a guess on my behalf. As far as I can see, the Wii is nicely designed, no aesthetic flaws.

Like I said, I wouldn't rule out the prospect of a DVD version of the Wii. But, other than that, I can't see it amounting to much different.

I can imagine MulitmediWII

DVD Player

Hard Disc

HD- Output (for menus, browser and an option in some low polygon games - same processing power)

Itunes Branding

Revised Wiimote - with LCD display for umm something

Cool new colours

Just look at how apple have reinvented the Ipod a hundred times when its basically the same thingk

DVD Player

Hard Disc

HD- Output (for menus, browser and an option in some low polygon games - same processing power)

Itunes Branding

Cool new colours

Just look at how apple have reinvented the Ipod a hundred times when its basically the same thingk

Why the frik would it have iTunes branding? For the last time, Nintendo and Apple are not collaborating!

DVD Player

Hard Disc

Itunes Branding

Cool new colours

While you're at it, add a toaster, holograms, and a cold fusion reactor :heh:

You guys should know better than to take Perrin seriously. Yeah, we'll have the DVD version, new colors and bundles, that's probably it.

Sign in to follow this