NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

Xbox 360 for as little as £150?!?!

New if i bought a 360 the prices would start falling :p

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/HP/3-/719721/Xbox_360_Core_Console/Product.html

Play.com now do the Core for £150!

Premiums can be found for around £250. Lowest ive heard about is £230 but at Makro (members only place)

Does anyone have an excuse not to buy one now? MS just need to give in and start bundling Memory Cards into the core...

Lowest ive heard about is £230 but at Makro (members only place)

Don't you mean £199?

xbox360-pricecut-makro-uk.jpg

God i love Makro, godly store is that. Still doesn't beat my £180 premium.

Meh, I got two for £280.

Prem for £199 is awesome, but the pic is wrong. Anyone know why? :D

Lack of Hard drive.

Prem for £199 is awesome, but the pic is wrong. Anyone know why? :D

The DVD drive should be silver, that's a picture of a Core console?

so would you still be saving money if you bought a bunle such as this?

GAME: Premium + PGR3 + Live Arcade + Extra Wireless Pad + Either WWE or Tomb Raider. £299

Japanese/Asian 360 for £160. that is the best deal about and a real bargain!!

Only if you speak Japanese.

New if i bought a 360 the prices would start falling :p

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/HP/3-/719721/Xbox_360_Core_Console/Product.html

Play.com now do the Core for £150!

Premiums can be found for around £250. Lowest ive heard about is £230 but at Makro (members only place)

Does anyone have an excuse not to buy one now? MS just need to give in and start bundling Memory Cards into the core...

Cheaper than Wii. Excellent price, but I still couldn't live without the hard drive.

The hard drive is certainly a major difference. I call the core 360 a fake one because really no sane person should pick that one up over the prem one.

Don't you mean £199?

Makro advertise their prices before VAT, dump another £35 on that price and you're there

so would you still be saving money if you bought a bunle such as this?

GAME: Premium + PGR3 + Live Arcade + Extra Wireless Pad + Either WWE or Tomb Raider. £299

Depends if you wanted those games but copies of Smackdown/Tomb Raider go for just over £15 second hand in trading forums/ebay, wireless controlers can be had new from one shop (think its Choices) for £27 and PGR3 and Live Arcade can be bought new for abought £20

I think my mum's heading over to Marko next week, if she is then i'm going with to see if i can get a hold of one of those xboxes.

So in that Macro Advert they have made the mistake of putting in a picture of the Core console, but they actually do sell premiums for £199.99?

Is 199.99 the full price? Im suprised we haven't had the leaflet with that on.. we get Makro mail.

Is 199.99 the full price? Im suprised we haven't had the leaflet with that on.. we get Makro mail.

I think its without VAT.

The hard drive is certainly a major difference. I call the core 360 a fake one because really no sane person should pick that one up over the prem one.

I got a core in August for £190 (back when it was still £210, I get discounts at Argos), because I had Dial Up internet at the time and really didn't see the point on spending more when I wouldn't download anything, so it wasn't a problem, then a few months later I upgraded to broadband and got the harddrive for £50 at Blockbusters (special deal). The version you buy depends whether you are going online with the console or not.

Yeah makro prices are without VAT and then they add the VAT to the total of your goods, when you come to buy them at the checkout. My dad used to have a card for his business so used to go in there when I was a kid and was amazed at prices until I realised you had to add 17.5%

Sign in to follow this