N-Europe

This months ONM

Hero-of-Time

Yeah. I'd be happy if it was just IDs rather than those god awful codes. It can't be that hard to pull off surely. The list just doesn't feel like a friends list. You have no idea what so ever if they are online or off. It just feels like a list of names, say like on a mobile phone or something.

yep thats just how it feels....so isolated..not an online community at all.

And they say in ONM that every Wii Online game coming forward will have their online component like pokemon battle revolution. If anyone can disproove this post a source to where it states this

I haven't believed a single word ONM/NOM have spouted for years. Don't know why we should, either.

There's still a chance we will use Friend Codes.

A few readers emailed me concerning IGN’s chat, where Matt Casamassina stopped in for a few words. The topic of online games for the Wii came into discussion. I can confirm that Matt does know of other Wii titles in the works that do have some sort of online play. He makes mention of a friends/rivals system, which sounds like what we saw in Metroid Prime Hunters. Matt also says that it looks like friend codes are back, at least in this early stage of online play.

Source

Also good thing there's a few more in development :)