NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Virgin Media, it's coming...

I'm guessing that all you Telewest/NTL lot have also heard the news. If not here's the gist; Telewest and NTL have been taken over by Virgin and all the services (phone, TV and internet) are now going to be part of Virgin Media. More info here: http://www.knowfirst.co.uk

The service comes in three packages; Medium, Large and Extra Large (do you want fries with that TV service? :heh:) I'm guessing the pricing/package deals won't change much either.

What does everyone think of this? Is it a good thing? Do you reckon the service will get better?

It doesn't change anything yet, when it does i'll comment but its just a rebranding so far as i can see but with improved customer services.

I read the title as, Virgin Midna, it's coming...

Was quite dissapointed when I re-read it.

Freeserve/Wanadoo didn't improve with Orange. I doubt this will improve much.

The last six months have been spent remixing the customer service systems and processes which have been so obviously lacking within NTL and Telewest.

From Todays Guardian.

My internet has been a pile of shite since NTL took over Telewest.

1, my speeds have drastically decreased.

2, a shit load of downtime

3, awful customer services.

I'd move to ADSL, but then i could only get 4mbit... and i'm on 10mbit.

It doesn't change anything yet, when it does i'll comment but its just a rebranding so far as i can see but with improved customer services.

Improved customer services? You know that for a fact?

Personally I've found Telewest/Blueyonder the best customer service I've ever dealt with, no way can they improve on it, bar getting an engineer round my house before I phone in a problem.

Personally I've found Telewest/Blueyonder the best customer service I've ever dealt with, no way can they improve on it, bar getting an engineer round my house before I phone in a problem.

Yeah i'll second that, there great on th ephone and the people who come round are sound.

Still waiting for that 'NTL equivalent of Sky+'

TV Drive, Telewest customers have had it for ages, plus it gives you HD without the expense of a new box.

Looks like NTL customers will continue to get a raw deal until things are completely unified.

TV Drive, Telewest customers have had it for ages, plus it gives you HD without the expense of a new box.

Looks like NTL customers will continue to get a raw deal until things are completely unified.

Which i have, although theres like 1 HD channel...

Which i have, although theres like 1 HD channel...

Then there's teleport, where you don't even need an extra box to watch a decent back catalogue.

i have to whole hearedly agree with you there. At everystage they have been excellent. I'm not saying they dont make mistakes, but they get sorted instantly and very satisfactorally. I for example have had my tv service upgraded as a goodwill gesture.

Tv Drive>Sky+

Even though it is slower when moving through channels on the tv drive, the 80 hours of hard drive and the teleport tv and reply channels are fantastic. My dad has sky and my mother has telewest and I use both of them regulary

I just had the change over in my house on my TVDrive (now V+) and my normal boxes.

The Mini guide is HUGE which is horrible and the interface is now a emo worthy black... i miss my blues and small fonts :(.

EDIT: Also, anyone on NTL 10mbit has had their uploads downgraded from 512kb to 384kb like us ex-Telewest people.

I had Telewest. Grew to hate it with a passion.

Now on Sky and BT Total Broadband, much better :)

The virgin media guy came round to my new house today to install it, he was sound he also said that the service is gonna get much better this year as Richard branson is gonna invest alot into it.

Sign in to follow this