N-Europe

Adobe Creative Suite 3 official thread

Jasper

Don't know if there is a thread about it already - but I just want one to say that I'm looking forward to thos significant update. there are loads of options that are new and the interface looks so streamlined. Anyone tested the Beta? Impressions, please.

wheel-o-icons.jpg

And what do you think about the new logos? Together, they look gorgeous in my opinion - but seperatly they'll be boring.Opinions, please.

Can you post a link to the logos/visuals please Jasper?

They are in my post, but if you really want the logos again: http://theflashblog.com/icons.html will help you out on that.

I think CS3 is looking awesome and easy to use. I watched a CS3 beta preview video (I'm not able to grab my mitts on a copy of CS3) and it seemed spectacular. It looks new, at least, and it seems to have many more options to make this upgrade necessary after CS. CS2 wasn't really a necessary purchase (I even switched back to CS), but CS3 apparantly will.

• 2 weeks later...
who wants to be a super nice person and let me use there CS2 serial code so I can activate my CS3 beta please, I'm stuck with Elements 3.0 right now:(

If you're going down the illegal route, get yourselves a CS version of the entire suite. You can find it almost anywhere (but I'm not telling since it's not allowed in these forums) and it doesn't register online wich means evil and big Adobe doesn't get your IP-address. So they can't sell it to the devil!

• 1 month later...
UK RRP is £2313.58 (£1,969.00 exc. VAT).

Still...Adobe have mentioned about doing dealer packs, so hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff off them for free.

Free? No way. For students? Yes, indeed. You can egt CS2 for €503 if you're a student. Not allowed to use it commercialy, though. But I want CS3 to - it's looking great. I saw a lot of it and it looks like inDesign will be a breeze now! More, more, I want it!

Free? No way. For students? Yes, indeed. You can egt CS2 for €503 if you're a student. Not allowed to use it commercialy, though. But I want CS3 to - it's looking great. I saw a lot of it and it looks like inDesign will be a breeze now! More, more, I want it!

Not for students, packs for companies that sell their products. Which would mean that I would get the software for my company. I would be the only one who would have a clue on how to use the stuff.

the way adobe does the licencing for this is you can install it on a work computer and a home computer.

can you run it on both at the same time?

Adobe checks online now, so I wouldn't really try using your official version on more computers than allowed and outside of the purpose you installed it for at first. Don't install it on your work-mac and your family computer - you're supposed to keep it in the same room and context. it's all Adobe politics. Ah well, just a few months and we'll be working with the cra... official version, if Adobe is reading this.

LOL of course you can.

But not officialy. If you dad makes money with these programs, then don't try it. There are a few rules for these copies: the computers have to be in the same office inviroment and they are supposed to serve the same purpose (home, professionak, ..). If your dad makes a living thanks to these applications, don't risk it - if (and I say IF, since chances are slim, though) you get cought you'll be having a problem.

If you're actually going to pay then... what you pay for is a license on one machine. Read the license details. You can buy a shared or network license too, more expensive, legal to have on more than one machine. When you buy software, what you're really buying is the license to use that software on one machine.

• 2 weeks later...