NEurope
Tellyn

Family Guy: Good or Bad?

Family guy is quite funny, but most of the time its just stupid flash backs that always seem to fail to be funny. Other than that its fine and hillarious.

I agree with the others though, South park is the ultimate in animated comedy.

I've loved it unconditionally since I first seen it. It's definitely my favourite animated show. I used to be pretty obsessed, not a day would go by without me using a quote or comparing something in real life to something that happened in the show, although I'm not that bad anymore ;)

If they stopped with the fucking songs it would be perfect, also the jokes where a character does something for ages is also starting to get boring.

agreed! awesom-o says: awesome!

awesomo.gif

"AWESOME!"

yeah the most fun part are things like "peter, remember the time when you..." or the evil monkey or the fighting chicken... awesome!

i agree totally. fighting chicken rules - especially when its defeated and then its eyes open like in the movies etc!

it's alright, but it's hardly South Park. The Cartoon Wars episodes of SP rip into it good and proper.

It's great. Really clever and funny sometimes, but it just doesn't have the heartwarming moments the Simpsons did in it's golden years to take the crown.

Best animated comedy on television today? Yes, without a doubt.

It's great. Really clever and funny sometimes, but it just doesn't have the heartwarming moments the Simpsons did in it's golden years to take the crown.

Best animated comedy on television today? Yes, without a doubt.

South Park is way funnier.

American Dad > Family Guy.

'Nuff said.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Europe person, seriously.

American Dad is just a lame spin off from Family and only has 2% of the funniness from it. It's not funny, seriously.

Seriously, I hope you're joking indeed I do.

Seriously,

Shoe

:nono::(:blank:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from a Europe person, seriously.

American Dad is just a lame spin off from Family and only has 2% of the funniness from it. It's not funny, seriously.

Seriously, I hope you're joking indeed I do.

Seriously,

Shoe

:nono::(:blank:

Family Guy has gotten old and boring.

American Dad has a far more interesting cast in my opinion. Its politically funny with the CIA sometimes and the jokes are you know, actually contextual. If you haven't seen season 2 of American Dad you really can't judge, the quality is eons ahead of what Family Guy is currently pumping out.

I also love American Dad for its political jokes and Stan is really THE man. I have never been a fan of South Park as its just to crude for the sake of it.

I used to like Family Guy but after it got brought back I got very bored of it, my problems with it tend to be the same as the South Park episode Cartoon Wars mention. To me Family Guys comedy seems very cheap and lazy.

well im a huge Simpsons and Futurama fan and out of more seasons to buy I picked up the first season of family guy.. I was a bit dissapointed.. but I must admit it grows on you and has it's moments.. but comes no where near groening.. but maybee ill pick up a season more if I find it cheap enough

Family Guy is very good, the storylines are witty and the comedy oozes out of it. However, it does suffer from over-rateditis a little, and the spinoffs in the script when Peter goes, "oh remember when I did this..." are a little annoying.

As for beating the older seasons of the Simpsons? HAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

And as for the Family Guy-American Dad arguement, its a tough pickle. American Dad is quite politcally funny, which Family Guy tends to avoid. Which has the edge? Hmm, I dunno'.

Oh, and Futurama is boss.

Oh, and Futurama is boss.

Agreed.

The "The Road To.." episodes are some of the best episodes of Family Guy.

South Park sucks.

The Wii Episodes were pretty good....mainly because it was Nintendo and Sci-Fi. But yea, South Park sucks as much as the guy I'm quoting*

*Bad attempt at a "Dyson sucks" joke. The guy himself is ace

The Wii Episodes were pretty good....mainly because it was Nintendo and Sci-Fi. But yea, South Park sucks as much as the guy I'm quoting*

*Bad attempt at a "Dyson sucks" joke. The guy himself is ace

:bowdown:

Nice one. :P

It's good yeah,but in no way is great. I did think it was at first. I just think it's become tired and weary already owing to the formula being quite repetitive. I don't think it should ever have come back, I think it should have been left at just 3 series cos after then it has felt like it's lurching along. For me it just isn't consitently as great as south park and simpsons have been, even though yes it could be argued that neither of them are as great as they once were they are still awesome.