NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Underrated Inventions?

Ok, so not talking about the things we'd all agree on (tv, internet, etc)..

I think one of the best inventions EVER is perhaps the Spork. Not only does it do the job of two seperate pieces of cutlery but it also reduces wastage by HALF! Not only is it highly practical, but it's also DAMN COOL.

Also the paperclip is a simply genius invention - If bob was still active he would be able to tell us a little of the history perhaps, but as he's not you'll have to make do with.. No history at all.

Also I think the Pizza is definately a great invention. I shall not elaborate.

Any other (perhaps more sensible, perhaps not) ideas anyone?

yay another one of emo's threads!

haha u really took the "What should this thread be about" thread serious when u posted it :heh:

hmm. well. paper clips, i agree on that, i also love pizza! and sorry to lower the tone people, but i think condoms would be up there somewhere lol. and of course teh fav, the internet :heh:

ooo oooo thought of another one...them lil pen drives! they awesome! i gots 3 and couldnt do without em!

I have a key ring thingy that is a great invention. Its like a chain but its on a reel thingy, and you can pull it out and then it goes back.. Like a tape measure.

Lots of fun (when swinging around), and not many people have one.

The door. It gets hardily any credit, yet, it has saved lives, stopped break ins, given people a higher level of privacy, makes sound that little bit quieter from the outside, keeps in warm air, The list goes on.

The guitar closely followed by beer. Hard to imagine life if only pop and rap existed. I'd probably have killed myself. As for beer..come on does it need explaining?

rabbits are pretty amazing, raining_again will know what i'm talking about ;)

.. Somehow I know what you are talking about also. Shame on you for degrading my topic! :P

Of course I'm intrigued.. you actually OWN one?

I MEAN YEAH INVENTIONS COOL ETC.

Hahahah! DukkaDukka is doing the degrading....bloody hypocrite. :D

Horny minx! :P

And btw Emo, another class topic. My uber invention has to be the humble incense stick. I know its rather random, they are so relaxing and help me concentrate.

If you ever want cheap batteries for that thing Dukka just PM me. ;)

Nice thread, my choice is stairs, just thing were'd all be living in banglows and the world would be over crowed, stairs truely are amazing.

Nice thread, my choice is stairs, just thing were'd all be living in banglows and the world would be over crowed, stairs truely are amazing.

Hey, leave the poor bungalows alone, they rock.

Anyway, my choice is the screw. They are used in a vast majority of items, but does it get any credit. No. Eventually, the screw is just gonna pack up, wag its middle finger at us saying "screw you!", and head home, if we don't credit it more.

rabbits are pretty amazing, raining_again will know what i'm talking about ;)

Yeah, those are hot, but honestly, do you need feed all the horny geek dudes on this board even further, you mean, mean people :(

True but you played along ;)

Damn you and your ability to be female, I wish I was.

lol men :heh: its your own fault for gettin so excited ;)

Untrue, if there were no women we'd either all turn gay or be very bored.

in an attempt to re-rail this off-track course..

INVENTIONS!

Those bits at the end of your shoelace. Someone here will be smart and tell me the name of them. Well they're great - Like fingernails, they stop the ends fraying.

Pencil sharpeners. Our way of showing just how much 'modern' technology owns those silly cavemen who had to use their shards of flint to sharpen their led-based pencils.

Clothes. Where would be without clothes? Cold and naked.

Well If we where naked I know a way that we could keep warm ;)

Sign in to follow this