N-Europe

Clinton For President!!!

KKOB

... what? You're likening the election of an African-American US president to the slaughter of 8 million people?

No I was just saying that just because it's historic it doesn't mean that it will be a good thing. You hear a lot of American's sayng that they should have a black president or a female president. It doesn't matter what colour/gender they are it's to do with policies.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much won't more shouldn't I think is what he's trying to say.

I dunno- if I was a black guy in America, and I was gonna vote, I'd probably vote for the first black man to run for office. The democrats tend to have the black vote anyway, what with the republicans basically fucknig the poor in the eye all the time, not to mention New Orleans.

Although Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama are the clear favorites right now on the democrat side, don't count Al Gore out yet! He's been having quite some good publicity lately, especially with that movie...So if he decided to run, he would definitely have a great chance of winning.

Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't be too surprised if he got Dem candidate. He seems to me to be a bit more focused & experienced, and like you said, he might get the pity vote from the 2000 election and because he's really popular after his little documentry. The only thing against him really is his age.

As for the Republican candidacy (which I thought I might aswell bring up), I'm not too sure who will get the candidacy myself. I can't see McCain getting it myself. He's too old IMO.

If that's the case, they may as well not even bother with interviews, campaigns, pledges and stuff, if that's the way people are going to vote.

I didn't say it was the way everybody was going to vote or that race and gender will be the sole reason people vote for them. But I bet that it will have a lot of sway.

I didn't say it was the way everybody was going to vote or that race and gender will be the sole reason people vote for them. But I bet that it will have a lot of sway.

I wasn't having a go or anything, just saying that if that was if that was the way things happened, then they shouldn't bother with campaigns, etc.

I do agree, though. There's too much of an issue being bought up about "her being the first female president" or "him being the first black president." I thought everyone was all for equality now. It shouldn't matter if a candidate is a black person, a white female, or whatever. It should be an equal playing field.

As for the Republican candidacy (which I thought I might aswell bring up), I'm not too sure who will get the candidacy myself. I can't see McCain getting it myself. He's too old IMO.

My moneys on Bush number 3 - the OTHER brother. :heh: