N-Europe

Poker

Garden_Pigeon

No, that was not the best thing you've done in poker, it's just called being lucky. Seriously, it really pisses me off when something like this happens. For example: I called a guy's pre-flop all in with wired aces when he had J-5, and just my luck, two fives came out. It's enough to put you off the game altogether.

Because pure luck made me match his all in bet, I had to read his poker face, I was on the verge on folding because I had no clue what he had. Pure luck :indeed:

Edit: ROFL I thought you quoted my post. My bad

No, that was not the best thing you've done in poker, it's just called being lucky. Seriously, it really pisses me off when something like this happens. For example: I called a guy's pre-flop all in with wired aces when he had J-5, and just my luck, two fives came out. It's enough to put you off the game altogether.

In proper matches, I can see how awful and annoying/hateful it would be, but it was a non-serious one that it happened in.

In one of the 2 "proper" poker games I've played, I totally misjudged what I had in my hand. I had A, K, Q, J of spades, 9 of hearts. Went all-in, someone else did, I put my cards down, was called a "lucky bastard", so as the chips were passed on to me, someone realised that I needed a 10, not a 9 (until that point, everyone, including me, seemed to totally forget that the 10 existed).

edit: Fixed missing words...I'm certain I wrote them first time round...

In proper matches, I can see how awful and annoying/hateful it would be, but it was a non-serious one that it happened in.

In one of the 2 "proper" poker games I've played, I totally misjudged what I had in my hand. I had A, K, Q, J, 9 of hearts. Went all-in, someone else did, I put my cards down, was called a "lucky bastard", so as the chips were passed on to me, someone realised that I needed a 10, not a 9 (until that point, everyone, including me, seemed to totally forget that the 10 existed).

So you had a flush instead of a royal flush? Did they have quads/straight flush/full house then, or did you type that wrong?

play mainly hold'em limit and no limit, prefer limit though

play on the net often, truepoker.com but its not the same as when playing against real poeple. playing with friends is some much better, you get the idiots calling your allin with 9,3 or j 4 or what ever preflop just because they can on the net when u have high pairs and you come off for worse for wear. very off putting

its a great game, learn in it 10 minutes, a lifetime to master