NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Super Metroid is the best game on the snes

...........you're doing this on purpose aren't you:(

I have no idea what you're talking about :indeed:

The greatest thing about Super Metroid- better even than the sublime pacing, the impeccable design, the epic, challenging showdowns with massive bosses, the inspired arsenal of weaponry and gadgets.

it's the atmosphere. Something about the cold, barren midi soundtrack, the utter loneliness of the game is astonishing. The exposed danger of the opening scenes is gradually replaced by a feeling of empowerment and freedom, but the loneliness remains.

It's magnificent.

The greatest thing about Super Metroid- better even than the sublime pacing, the impeccable design, the epic, challenging showdowns with massive bosses, the inspired arsenal of weaponry and gadgets.

it's the atmosphere. Something about the cold, barren midi soundtrack, the utter loneliness of the game is astonishing. The exposed danger of the opening scenes is gradually replaced by a feeling of empowerment and freedom, but the loneliness remains.

It's magnificent.

Here here, Super Metroid is a pinnacle in 2d gaming. Where the FUCK is my 2D Metroid game on the DS.

Here here, Super Metroid is a pinnacle in 2d gaming. Where the FUCK is my 2D Metroid game on the DS.

It got cancelled.

Thre will be a 2d metroid game on ds eventually.i know dread was cancelled but it's only a matter of time

Somehow though, I just don't see it happenning. Loved to be proved wrong though.

It got cancelled.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Metroid Dread will happen. It's inevitable. With another name, of course.

Metroid dread, but with another name.

So basically, another metroid title, you mean?:heh:

We better bluddy get another 2D one, or I'll be angry.

It fucking better happen. As much as I love Prime (and I do, I really, really do) There will always be room for another labyrinthine planetary exploration in glorious 2d. In fact, a Viewtiful Joe style 2.5d game would do fine. possibly on wii.

I've never actually played Super Metroid. Only 2D Metroids I've played are Metroid (NES....Well, played it on GameCube) and Fusion.

I hated the original, but loved Fusion. Is Super Metroid more like Fusion or more like Metroid (in terms of gameplay, story-driven elements, etc)? Depending on what It's like, I'll consider getting it on the VC.

It's the best one. The story is pretty much left to your imagination, unlike in Fusion, but I think it's all the better for it. Fusion has the advantage in controls but Super has the better gameworld and exploration. They're both excellent but Super has the purity as the current king of the franchise. You should definitely pick it up on VC. It's only a fiver, anyway.

It's nothing like the original metroid. I too played that on GC and found it unpleasant to play. Anything beyond Snes is like that for me though.

Firstly, I think Super Metroid is amazing, but, Super Mario World, Zelda: LTTP, Street Fighter 2 and Mario Kart are also hot contenders and I couldn't choose between them. I do know I spent more time on Mario Kart than on any other game during the SNES era. The tournamnets went on forever...

Secondly the best Metroid game is Prime, and I have every Metroid game on a home console, including the first in it's original wrapping :) I also have the first Gameboy Metroid.

Sign in to follow this