NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Super Metroid is the best game on the snes

Many will probably agree, too.

Great game.

I'm not sure what my favourite game is on any system, to be honest. I have like a handful of 3 or 4 favourites, but never one almighty game.

its definately in the top 3 SNES games, and easily the best Metroid in the series. Now if Retro can somehow add the Speed Booster to Prime 3 i might be forced to buy it

True story, folks.

It's up there, definately, but best? Fuck no. Chrono Trigger all the way. Might be a close second though...oh wait, Street Fighter...er, well whatever...

Metroid doesnt even come anywhere near being the best SNES game! How could you overlook the majestic DKC Trilogy, Mario World and Mario Allstars, Mario Kart even, F-Zero cannot be put behind a mere Metroid game and neither can Yoshi's Island, Pop n Twinbee... the list is almost infinite. Heck, even Buster Busts Loose shows Metroid a thing or two. :P

Who was it made up this "true story" about Super Metroid being top of the pile, folken?

I've never actually played this game properly before, gonna be on my d/l list for when it hits the Wii VC though.

Metroid doesnt even come anywhere near being the best SNES game! How could you overlook the majestic DKC Trilogy, Mario World and Mario Allstars, Mario Kart even, F-Zero cannot be put behind a mere Metroid game and neither can Yoshi's Island, Pop n Twinbee... the list is almost infinite. Heck, even Buster Busts Loose shows Metroid a thing or two. :P

Who was it made up this "true story" about Super Metroid being top of the pile, folken?

Actually, Super Metroid is better than all those games.

Bardicle, I'd also say that all that quick list I put together also are better than Chrono.

If theres to be a best game of the Metroid series, its Fusion. :wink:

Bardicle, I'd also say that all that quick list I put together also are better than Chrono.

Haha, oh my n00bie dooby doo. You're poor taste is not only reflected in what you just said, but also in your display picture...Muse I ask you..? End.

Now if Nintendo had any sense, they would have put this on VC instead of Sim City.

Haha, oh my n00bie dooby doo. You're poor taste is not only reflected in what you just said, but also in your display picture...Muse I ask you..? End.

Jeepers, that'd be me told. Ill admit though to not having played Chrono Trigger and along with Mario RPG its a game I yearn to see on the Virtual Console.

Muse are sublime though, so er, end. As they seem to say nowadays. :p

I really dont understand this Metroid hype though, its like the only Nintendo franchise that Im immune to, try as I might to atleast like it. :hmm:

Actually, Super Metroid is better than all those games.

i second that especially the one suggesting that pop n twinbee is better.And fzero?Mario kart?Cmon man.Super metroid is usually in the top 3

oh dear..........Ok.......no sorry i'm not replying to that.i respect your opinion but.......no i don't really

Jeepers, that'd be me told. Ill admit though to not having played Chrono Trigger and along with Mario RPG its a game I yearn to see on the Virtual Console.

Muse are sublime though, so er, end. As they seem to say nowadays. :p

I really dont understand this Metroid hype though, its like the only Nintendo franchise that Im immune to, try as I might to atleast like it. :hmm:

no wonder you like fusion it's the easiest one

no wonder you like fusion it's the easiest one

Nah, I thought fusion was the hardest! The easiest was the first I think. I kept getting stuck on Fusion :(.

I must say though, mcj, Ive not completed Fusion as like all Metroids Ive tried (Super Metroid and Prime make up the trio,) atleast with Fusion I was enthralled for a short period whereas Super and Prime are possibly two of the biggest gaming chores Ive tried to put up with. :sad:

It really cant be one of the best SNES games ever though. Ok fair enough to put it in a top ten if you liked it, but top three?? I clearly missed something!

really?the puzzles were simple though.Well i haven'tplayed it in a while but i would have rememered it being hard.Boss battles were tough.

I must say though, mcj, Ive not completed Fusion as like all Metroids Ive tried (Super Metroid and Prime make up the trio,) atleast with Fusion I was enthralled for a short period whereas Super and Prime are possibly two of the biggest gaming chores Ive tried to put up with. :sad:

It really cant be one of the best SNES games ever though. Ok fair enough to put it in a top ten if you liked it, but top three?? I clearly missed something!

Some people just dont get on with the metroid games.Super metroid is very difficult and yes requires a lot of patience.did you ever try zero mission?It's a very fast paced metroid game

..well.. I recently bought Super Metroid for £2 (no.. I'm not leaving any numbers off the end..) and while I haven't had a lot of time to get into it yet (I'm at the first save station), I'll definitely be giving it a proper go in the near future.. I have just got too many games recently to be able to play them all, and I think Metroid will require sitting down and playing it properly instead of just bits and pieces..

..Metroid Prime was brilliant, but that's just my opinion.. darksnowman has given Metroid a go on several different formats and it's not his favourite series.. so what? I respect his opinion.. It's better than having countless posts on some of these threads dismissing games that haven't even come out yet or people haven't played..

..everybody likes different things : peace:

Nah, A Link To The Past mate, best game EVER!

I also agree with Darksnowman, Metroid sucks!

no you suck!

You've made my night MCJ, thats all I wanted, a knee jerk reaction! :heh:

Although in all seriousness, Fusion is the only Metroid game I've ever completed, gave up on Super and Prime - they couldn't hold my interest!

I'm sorry! (but it really does)

Although I am forgetting about the single player campaign on Metroid Prime: Hunters, man that was fucking awesome, soooooooo much better than any of the others!

I'm sorry! (but it really does)

Although I am forgetting about the single player campaign on Metroid Prime: Hunters, man that was fucking awesome, soooooooo much better than any of the others!

...........you're doing this on purpose aren't you:(

Sign in to follow this