Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mac Thread

Charlie

Logic/Pro is supposedly the way to go , but lack of funds means I can't confirm this as yet but to start out with you may want to look at Garageband which comes with the mac as part of the iLife package.

You can use multiple tracks to record your own instruments (audio interface needed) , software instruments and loops which should cover all your needs across various genres.

Also comes with a good selection of built-in FX or you could use your own FX unit (as I do).

It will also supposedly integrate well with Logic too should you decide you wish to trade up.

i belive apple makes addons for garageband for proffesionals

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i belive apple makes addons for garageband for proffesionals

The majority of those add-ons are in the form of Jam Packs which are just extra Apple Loops to use , nothing against them as they are quite versatile but sometimes you just want that bit more.

Garageband can give very good/excellent results for what it is and for the price you can't really get anything better (unless someone knows different , then please let me know).

;450912"]Hmm getting used to this Mac (well the Mac as I'm currently using my PC) is gonna take a while. Any easier way to right click other than putting two fingers on the trackpad and clicking?

Holding ctrl will help with that problem (click ctrl makes tha arrow change into an arrow with a contextual icon in the right bottom corner). or you could use your windows-mouse.

;450912"]Hmm getting used to this Mac (well the Mac as I'm currently using my PC) is gonna take a while. Any easier way to right click other than putting two fingers on the trackpad and clicking?

Getting an external mouse or using CTRL + Click. I got the external wireless mouse because i find it more natural than the track-pad, also its needed for games IMO.

Getting an external mouse or using CTRL + Click. I got the external wireless mouse because i find it more natural than the track-pad, also its needed for games IMO.

Do you ever read someone else's posts? You just repeated what I said, and ran of with the honor. Way to go, mac-huger.

Do you ever read someone else's posts? You just repeated what I said, and ran of with the honor. Way to go, mac-huger.

oi, don't know what you problem is with me now but if you look at the times we posted they're the same, so you hit submit probs a second or two before me, i didn't see your post since after you post the browser shows it at the top of the window, if i had saw your post i would've deleted mine but i didn't so back off.

oi, don't know what you problem is with me now but if you look at the times we posted they're the same, so you hit submit probs a second or two before me, i didn't see your post since after you post the browser shows it at the top of the window, if i had saw your post i would've deleted mine but i didn't so back off.

WOOOooo you go girl!

I am geting me a Mac soon for college, will be keeping my pc for the games and stuff but the Mac will be for web designing and stufff!

WOOOooo you go girl!

I am geting me a Mac soon for college, will be keeping my pc for the games and stuff but the Mac will be for web designing and stufff!

You'll enjoy it, take it the 360 is down for christmas time or something? lol

I love my wireless mighty mouse, i was concerned at first that the scroll wheel may suck or break, but occasionally it does stick, you just turn it upside down and rub it with a cloth or my jeans, and its sound again ^_^

Loves it!

You'll enjoy it, take it the 360 is down for christmas time or something? lol

I love my wireless mighty mouse, i was concerned at first that the scroll wheel may suck or break, but occasionally it does stick, you just turn it upside down and rub it with a cloth or my jeans, and its sound again ^_^

Loves it!

Give it a little longer, then it will be fucked full stop.

Give it a little longer, then it will be fucked full stop.

hence 12 month manufacturers warranty. At worst my mom can have it! hehe

Wasn't there an uber rumor about a totally touch sensitive mouse? or did i dream it?

hence 12 month manufacturers warranty. At worst my mom can have it! hehe

Wasn't there an uber rumor about a totally touch sensitive mouse? or did i dream it?

Rumors were about touch-sensitive screens, no? Multiple fingers will rub that screen untill it's down and dirty!

P.S.: didn't see your timing, man, I came back an hour later and your post was just after mine repeating what I said. No offense.

Rumors were about touch-sensitive screens, no? Multiple fingers will rub that screen untill it's down and dirty!

Yes, touch sensitive screen but also of an external mouse, probs a load of tosh, i'd be more excited about macbooks incorporating touch. Though i obviously wouldn't be getting one for a loooooong long long while.

Yes, touch sensitive screen but also of an external mouse, probs a load of tosh, i'd be more excited about macbooks incorporating touch. Though i obviously wouldn't be getting one for a loooooong long long while.

June 11th is coming up... maybe Jobs is up to the Job! (God, if I got a nickel every bloody time...) And we all know how Steve loves consistence in all macs. "One mac to go intel? Hell, no - give them all a good working, will ya?" - "One computer to go that new glossy white we discovered while playing with 'my new chemistry set' ("personal time, guys, it was an accident"), no, no - get them all fancy ('I call it Glossy!') white!"...

And now... 'One device to feature a screen that can see how many finger are playing my new por... I mean, Safari... thing... game - no, no, no - let's rub all of our devices and make sure they are sensitive enough to read fingerprints so we could have a deal with the FBI ('that'll get them off my back for that backdating fraude I did a while ago!') to get every mac user's fingerprint!" (An FBI spokesperson told us: "The offer made by Apple, inc. has been denied since the amount of users is not enough to support our database. We are, however, in a strange occurence of events, receiving twenty XRaid's from Apple, inc. to make this 'bioprint' system possible. Enough is enough, Jobs - stop the Bribes!")

Now we can all see and enjoy the miracle of life and it's absurde creation. In wich I refer to myself, since this entire post is mostly made up. But it proves my point.

Now we can all see and enjoy the miracle of life and it's absurde creation. In wich I refer to myself, since this entire post is mostly made up. But it proves my point.

WWDC might actually be exciting? apart from the new leopard features of course.

WWDC might actually be exciting? apart from the new leopard features of course.

I'm expecting one more thing...

Now if you're a true mac-know-it-all, you saw what I did there...

And what does that quote of mine have to do with your post..? :wink:

I'm expecting one more thing...

Now if you're a true mac-know-it-all, you saw what I did there...

And what does that quote of mine have to do with your post..? :wink:

i made a comment at your point. lol

i know that lil semi-'in' joke-lord knows i watched enough of Jobs giving macworld presentations etc - i'm sad like that ^_^

i made a comment at your point. lol

i know that lil semi-'in' joke-lord knows i watched enough of Jobs giving macworld presentations etc - i'm sad like that ^_^

Everybody has those moments, Takeo - but take rest in the thought that they'll pass. Then return. And pass again. And then return. Pass again to return in January the year after and then dissappear for good. So don't worry - it will be over, well, not soon, but at least once.

Everybody has those moments, Takeo - but take rest in the thought that they'll pass. Then return. And pass again. And then return. Pass again to return in January the year after and then dissappear for good. So don't worry - it will be over, well, not soon, but at least once.

Your attitude and posts recently are really, well, odd. i like it ^_^

Your only 17, yet i imagine you to be a late 20s/early 30s blokey hehe strange, non?!

Guess it must be because you speak with such authority and a certain level of jaded-ness not found in under 20s usually.

I hear 3 random beeps every few hours from my mac, can i ask, what the fuck?!

Your attitude and posts recently are really, well, odd. i like it ^_^

Your only 17, yet i imagine you to be a late 20s/early 30s blokey hehe strange, non?!

Guess it must be because you speak with such authority and a certain level of jaded-ness not found in under 20s usually.

I hear 3 random beeps every few hours from my mac, can i ask, what the fuck?!

Well, I'm on art school and those boys intend to grow up faster than the one's on 'regular' (emphasis there) schools. And those three beeps, it's your mac calling you or it's the BIOS (but I didn't think macs have that - on Windows it's certainly the BIOS) telling you there's something wrong. But i'm not sure on this one.

Well, I'm on art school and those boys intend to grow up faster than the one's on 'regular' (emphasis there) schools. And those three beeps, it's your mac calling you or it's the BIOS (but I didn't think macs have that - on Windows it's certainly the BIOS) telling you there's something wrong. But i'm not sure on this one.

I'll see if any beep-age happens today. Can't see there being anything wrong but suppose i could always ring up the americans at apple.

Jasper is a ledge. FACT.

people jump off him?!?!?! :confused:

grrr, still 3 beep beep beeps, coming through my speakers. nothing seems wrong and its just a bit annoying more than anything-everything seems to be working fine and dandy apart from 3 chimes every now and then :confused:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!