NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
rajmist

Wiimote Possible problem

Hi

I was playing Wii Bowling the other day when i clipped the Wiimote on something in my pocket and managed to put a Tiny chip in the Wiimote but that slight accident has completely buggered my Wiimote, i mean the pointer still works and buttons the the whole gyroscopics(accelerometer) or swinging action is gone, now i've heard people drop it smash it on walls and it stills works, has anyone had any problems like this yet, I'm going to try and exchange it from where i bought it from but see what happens.

Eh? Chip? What the hell are you talking about? Are your mobile phone's chips emigrating to the Wiimote? Now that's love for the Wii, I must say. If you mean anything else (crisps perhaps?) than say it, because I don't really seem to get your entire 'problem'...

Eh? Chip? What the hell are you talking about? Are your mobile phone's chips emigrating to the Wiimote? Now that's love for the Wii, I must say. If you mean anything else (crisps perhaps?) than say it, because I don't really seem to get your entire 'problem'...

chip ie when you drop something and a bit comes out you've chipped something, see what i mean mate.

"I was playing Wii Bowling the other day when i clipped the Wiimote on something in my pocket and managed to put a Tiny chip in the Wiimote but that slight accident has "

Clipping on to something in your pocket? You do have to tell me how you play, because I usually keep it away for my pocket. But to the point (oh and tahn ks for the clarification, I'm not living in England (sob) so I'm not really used to english specific words and expressions): I haven't really had any problem at all with my Wiimote. So, I've not encountered yours either. I still don't really see what happened witgh your Wiimote (could you sketch the situation a little bit more clear?) and we might be able to help you, because even with knowing what 'to chip' is, I'm not able to see what really happened...

Basically i was playing Wii Bowling and i hit my leg which has an item in it which chipped my wii mote but i'm thinking that it must have hit it at such a location that it upset the gyroscopics have they have stopped working eg in golf now the mii charachter has his club facing up

yeah sounds abit strange I've whacked mine against the wall so many times and full pelted it into the top a chair and it works fine, hmm...

Do you guys think i just have a weak / faulty controller or do you think i just hit it at a location where its very sensitive

Just get in touch with Nintendo's customer service centre. If the chip is small, they can't really argue you've lobbed it against the wall and should replace free of charge under your warrenty.

Just get in touch with Nintendo's customer service centre. If the chip is small, they can't really argue you've lobbed it against the wall and should replace free of charge under your warrenty.

I've called them but all they say is to send it back they will fix it under the warrenty which is fair enough i just thought that it might have been a bigger problem or a batch problem as i have heard and seen people really damage the controller and it still works fine

I was playing my brother at tennis, andI went for a serve, and smacked my elbow incredibly hard on his wii mote on the way down. I think it hurt me more than the controller, but it still works fine. I guess you were just unlucky, but it's good of nintendo to fix it... for free?

I was playing my brother at tennis, andI went for a serve, and smacked my elbow incredibly hard on his wii mote on the way down. I think it hurt me more than the controller, but it still works fine. I guess you were just unlucky, but it's good of nintendo to fix it... for free?

And this is also what the 'make sure there are no objects in your arm circle' protects Nintendo from lawwsuits about this kind of stuff. But again, those lawsuits only happen in America (anyone remember the 'Hot Coffee' things on the McDonalds coffee-cups? Somebody burned his ass off and then said he "didn't know it was that hot." He got heaps of cash.). But I think you see my point here. Actually they shouldn't do their warranty on it. But if there's something they can't use right now it's bad publicity... And Nintendo is just a bunch of jolly folks dancing around the totempole every evening praying that the Gods give them another rain. Rain of cash, that is.

There's not that much space where I was playing, and it's hard to keep cautious of everywhere around you the whole time. I'm not exactly sueing nintendo, or running to the press over it, so just leave off. I don't know how you get off giving everyone a hard time, but I doubt that you're perfect.

There's not that much space where I was playing, and it's hard to keep cautious of everywhere around you the whole time. I'm not exactly sueing nintendo, or running to the press over it, so just leave off. I don't know how you get off giving everyone a hard time, but I doubt that you're perfect.

Whos giving them a hard time, i just mentioned to see if anyone elses control has been affected by a small knock and to make people aware of a possible flaw in the controller

I know and was mostly kidding. Actually, I was kidding along the whole line of that story. It was meant as a joke, not as a serious remark. I've hurt a fair some of my brothers' body too. So it's no rare event that occurs only every once in a while. It actually happens out there.

But, it ain't half so bad as a bar with no beer, so let's enjoy ourselves. Yes.

P.S.: I'm not thinking of suing Nintendo either. As I pointed out, I'de lose anyway.

I twatted mine on my leg, and wacked it on a metal step on my bed, not a scratch or antyhing.

The good news for you rajmist is that it most likely didn't break because you hit something with the Wiimote.

The bad news for me is though: the gyros stopped working while in the middle of a swordfight in Red Steel. I didn't hit anything - ever. Completely unplugged the Wii, resynced and put in fresh batteries but nothing helped - I tried it out with Red Steel and WiiSports. Then I tried it with my second controller and everything was fine...

So it seems that it's a faulty Wiimote.

Anyone knows if this problem can be solved without contacting Nintendo?

The good news for you rajmist is that it most likely didn't break because you hit something with the Wiimote.

The bad news for me is though: the gyros stopped working while in the middle of a swordfight in Red Steel. I didn't hit anything - ever. Completely unplugged the Wii, resynced and put in fresh batteries but nothing helped - I tried it out with Red Steel and WiiSports. Then I tried it with my second controller and everything was fine...

So it seems that it's a faulty Wiimote.

Anyone knows if this problem can be solved without contacting Nintendo?

if its faulty there isnt alot you can do. although I haven't heard any other tales of wiimotes dieing! pointer still work?

if its faulty there isnt alot you can do. although I haven't heard any other tales of wiimotes dieing! pointer still work?

Yeah pointer still works.

I got the gyros working again as well :yay: :yay: :yay:

Here's what I did:

I assume the gyros are moving parts to calculate acceleration so they can get stuck.

Now all I did was hitting all the sides of the Wiimote on the floor. I didn't hit it too hard and it worked again.

I cant believe it.................same thing has just happened to me........

No multiplayer over xmas now..................................

:(:(

Yeah.

Resyncing, reconnecting, and changing batteries

Its only the accelerometer that is screwed. pointinf still works.

I cant believe it!

:(

Just take it back to the shop for a replacement, that's all the advice that I can offer, it'd be faster than going through Nintendo. I don't see how so many of the first few posters had trouble comprehending the problem, or giving advice to help the situation rather than just criticising. I clip mine of my leg/stuff in pocket quite alot when bowling, but never had much bad consequences as a result(except it fell out of my hand one time).

I do however find it quite extrodinary that you managed to chip it through your pocket, what did you have in there that you hit it on? Also, how hard do you swing your wiimote? Sounds like you were either using beyond excessive force, or have very sharp pockets!

Sign in to follow this