NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Batteries

The ones that came with my wiimote died today, so I'm looking for some good rechargeable ones to get... Any suggestions?

rechargeables are not only immoral but a crime against humanity. They contribute towards terrorism, global warming and the final armagedeon.

Both the sets of batteries that came with my two Wiimotes have died already. One set on Tuesday, the other set tonight.

I had no warning from the Wii, both times i just turned the console and they had died. New batteries brought the controller straight back to life. Dunno my total playtime on the system but 5 days battery life aint good.

rechargeables are not only immoral but a crime against humanity. They contribute towards terrorism, global warming and the final armagedeon.

That would be piracy, cow farts and erm...george bush.

To answer the original questions, yes, rechargeables are fine, what ones to get? No idea, I happened to already have some Uniross Ni-MH batteries, but I dunno how they compare to same brand Ni-Cad batteries in terms of how much play they give you. Ni-MH are supposed to be superior however in terms of actual battery lifetime, and they don't suffer from memory effect like Ni-Cads do. I think I know what I'm talking about, but I also think I may have got something wrong, if I have, someone feel free to point it out.

EDIT: Non-rechargeables might give longer playtime than rechargeables though, and you can pick up non-rechargeables pretty cheap, like 30p per when you buy lots together(check argos).

mine on my 1st remote went yesterday, bit disappointing really might add up the hours its been used for.

on the plus side I did get a warning about it. Bought some Duracell plus from tesco, only £2 odd for an 8 pack (buy 4 get 4 free in the pack.)

Woolies have 4 rechargeable batts and a charger for £9.99. It's Energizer too, so fairly good quality. plus the batteries are 2000 m/ah. Reasonably powerful.

My first controller went Tuesday night. Bearing in mind the missus and I play WiiPlay fishing, and Find Mii loads (pointer uses more energy than tilting mechanism).

The original batteries in my two remotes are nearly dead, probably get another day or so out of them. After they go, I have rechargable batteries ready to take over, four for the two remotes and another four ready to take over as soon as the original four need charging again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Energizer-15-minute-Battery-Charger-inc-4-AA-2200mAh_W0QQitemZ180053680734QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14951QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cb84_1_b.JPG

I brought some of those bad boys... and they seriously do recharge in 15mins... the charger has a fan to keep them cool!

I got them from ebay aswell.. for just over £20 but i have seen them in stores for anywhere upto £45!

Sign in to follow this