N-Europe

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

ndreamer

The shoes are called Talaria, just in case you were looking for the wrong item name (I've done that before), try checking Rangar and Healies's inventery and the bag if you haven't already.

Yep have done....wonder if its glitched and will have to start again?!

• 4 weeks later...

Its pretty much confirmed for Europe, now we just need a date.

Square-Enix likes to pretend that they haven't confirmed a release of Dragon Quest IX for outside of Japan. On the other hand, Nintendo has said that they plan to help Square-Enix promote Dragon Quest IX when it launches in North America and Europe. Well, Square-Enix can't pretend anymore, because their latest trademark just got discovered.

It looks like the European name for Dragon Quest IX will be 'Dragon Quest IX: Sentinel of the Starry Skies', which is very close to the Japanese subtitle, 'Defenders of the Starry Sky'. Also, Square-Enix went ahead and registered other foreign language titles as well.

Dragon Quest IX: Les Sentinelles du Firmament

Dragon Quest IX: Centinelas del Firmamento

Dragon Quest IX: Le Sentinelle del Cielo

Dragon Quest IX: Huter des Himmels'

Whilst I appreciate the use of sibilance, "Defender" sounds far less pompous.

True.

However, with it being titled Defender of the Sky, it always made me think of Defenders of the Earth... which, whilst being quality isn't really the first thing I should be thinking of when it comes to a DQ game. :laughing:

It seems like Nintendo really want to push this game, which should be a God send for Square-Enix as that would truly push a series that has been trying since the NES.

(Just the fact that it seems IX is staying this time showing it as a true main line game)

Now with Nintendo showing anything on TV and getting huge sales *Looks over at Layton* If Nintendo show that this is a series that everyone needs along side Pokemon, if works...DQ9 could be the easily one of the greatest selling games ever (It's not even a year old in japan and it's already 4 million copies sold)

Which makes me think, Nintendo have to think as well as S-E on when DQIX should come out, before or after Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver?

Which makes me think, Nintendo have to think as well as S-E on when DQIX should come out, before or after Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver?

I want it out before HGSS, although it might be better to release it after the hype of HGSS has died down. Also don't want DQIX not to sell because people are saving up for HGSS. I guess it depends on how big the gap will be between releases.

I want it out before HGSS, although it might be better to release it after the hype of HGSS has died down. Also don't want DQIX not to sell because people are saving up for HGSS. I guess it depends on how big the gap will be between releases.

They could bring it out during the Nov/Dec time, and try to make it like the next MUST BUY Christmas game :heh:

I can wait to be honest, as long as they might consider bringing out DQVI before hand.

• 1 month later...

Famitsu 2009 Top 100 Sales Chart

1. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix) - 4,100,968

2. [NDS] Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (Pokemon) - 3,382,597

3. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 2,485,150

4. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Nintendo) - 2,311,948

5. [PS3] Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix) - 1,698,256

6. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 1,542,806

7. [WII] Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo) - 1,298,533

8. [WII] Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) - 968,033

9. [NDS] Inazuma Eleven 2 Fire/Blizzard (Level 5) - 943,615

10. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G PSP The Best (Capcom) - 911,497 / 1,110,614

EDIT: Well done to Yuji Horii for the bring the only man at Square-Enix with a brain. Any other team and they would have put Dragon Quest IX on the 360/PS3 with sales most likely going to 2.5mill. Instead he decided on putting it where the userbase was and it worked, with Dragon Quest IX being the best selling game from the Dragon Quest series ever

Edited by killer kirby

• 1 month later...
Gonintendo:

*head explodes*

Didn't think they'd go as far as publish it themselves.

It'll just mean that Nintendo will have more freedom to do whatever the fuck they want with it advertising wise.

Only things I am thinking about at the moment are two things...

1. Translation for it

2. Will the DQIX Iwata ask be finally translated when the game comes out.

US version is due out in "summer", since Nintendo are publishing I'm a bit concerned about the EU release. SE were good with IV and V getting the EU and US versions out the same week or near enough, so I'm hoping Nintendo will do the same.

US version is due out in "summer", since Nintendo are publishing I'm a bit concerned about the EU release.

Yes and Nintendo should just ignore where Dragon Quest in English is selling more (Yes Europe has bought more of the Dragon Quest series then the US)

Just like Nintendo are doing with Monster Hunter 3, and also what they did with layton series, I 99.9% believe Nintendo will bring it out in every region with number and everything.

US logo

dqixlogona022410.jpg

Jap logo

dq9logo.jpg

Edited by killer kirby

Aw. They changed the logo I like the Japenese on better.

So do all other Dragon Quest fans, but thats not who Nintendo are trying to appeal to here, they already know all of us are getting it :D

They are mainly trying to make the game become a bigger appeal to the audience and give Dragon Quest a better name like they are trying to do with Monster Hunter. So I am fine with it, looks nice and clean the new logo, when looking at it in a non-dragon quest fanboy way.