NEurope
ndreamer

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Fantastic! Not a full trailer but its pretty classy looking nonetheless. I love it when the music kicks in and they start doing battle... with the old skool sound effects. :heart:

I love the anime cut scenes, especially where they're all shopping. I really hope these are included in the game.

Having not played DQ VIII I don't know how this compares, but measuring it against DQ IV it looks like battles are no longer random as it shows them engaging a Slime in the field? Also, battles aren't first person any more as the camera was panning around?

The games looking great- just wish I could have heard the trailer.

Having not played DQ VIII I don't know how this compares, but measuring it against DQ IV it looks like battles are no longer random as it shows them engaging a Slime in the field? Also, battles aren't first person any more as the camera was panning around?

The games looking great- just wish I could have heard the trailer.

DQIX is using the same battle style as DQVIII apart from the battles no longer being random, and hopefully sped up a bit for online.

In Dragon Quest VIII, the battles are 1st-person while you're choosing your commands, then the camera shows different views (and sometimes pans) when your characters attack.

Ah, thanks for that info gents. Having no random battles will be cool- always handy when you are trying to leg it back to a town to get healed up!

Yeah, I prefer not having random battles and you can see the enemies. They get on your nerves when your try not to battle cause of low health etc.

I'm looking forward to this, especially for some co-op action.

Yeah, I prefer not having random battles and you can see the enemies. They get on your nerves when your try not to battle cause of low health etc.

I'm looking forward to this, especially for some co-op action.

I didn't mind it in all the other Dragon Quest games with the random battle, but still, I am looking forward to the change, as most RPG's now have it.

And about the trailer...move over Final Fantasy XIII, I want this game more now xD

This is easily my most wanted game at the moment (I want this more then any Wii or 360 title)

It's going to be fun to see what the lines will be like on lunch day in Japan ^^

This is easily my most wanted game at the moment (I want this more then any Wii or 360 title)

It's going to be fun to see what the lines will be like on lunch day in Japan ^^

When folk step out their house/apartment, they'll be waiting in the line already.

2 days before it launches.

The 1up.com rumour mill just declared that DQ 9 will be on DS and Wii...

Last month we learned exactly how the connectivity between the Wii and DS would work in the upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time, but if the latest rumor from Quartermann in the the January issue of EGM is to be believed, Square Enix will not stop there with the new technology. Our favorite gossip master has heard that the RPG giant will be bringing Dragon Quest IX: Protectors of the Starry Sky to the Wii as well as the DS.

While Dragon Quest IX being announced for the DS rather than a home console was a big enough surprise in the first place, fans of the long-running series were even more shocked to discover that this latest entry will sport faster-paced gameplay and a surprising MMO-lite option to play with up to four friends. Assuming this multiplayer mode works similarly to the DS-and-Wii-linking Echoes of Time, it makes sense that Square would bring DQIX to the console as well. The only question that remains is whether or not the Wii port will receive a graphical upgrade -- the Wii and DS versions of the new Crystal Chronicles are going to be identical, after all. Hopefully Square will confirm this news soon and give us more details.

O rly?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171621

I'd love a Wii version as well. Seems a bit unlikely though.
We'd all like to see a proper Wii version graphicswise, but if this is true we're most likely getting the DS version in a freaking DVD and sold at the same price at retail.

Craptacular support for the Wii Square-Enix, bravo!

If this is true, I bet their 2009 Q4 title is FF4 DS, erm... not DS, Wii! (and I know where they can put it...)

DQIX wasn't made with the pollux engine so it seems unlikely.
What if the so called "pollux engine" is infact a DS emulator?

Wouldn't be that unfeasible you know; after all what is pollux engine? it's obvious that Echoes of Time is using a slighly tweaked Ring of Fates engine; the "news" is that it runs on the Wii without even bumping the original resolution (lol or cry for how bad of a approach that is, it's up to you)

nevertheless, unless Level 5 had some kind of army of coders it's totally unfeasible, where in the hell, in the midst of a DQ9 development, Layton triology, Inazuma Eleven 1 and 2 DS and Wii, the Another World game and White Knight Story would they find the means to give a Wii version the proper treatment? totally impossible I say, unless the Wii version is the DS version, like the Echoes of Time bullcrap.

If this is true, I bet their 2009 Q4 title is FF4 DS, erm... not DS, Wii! (and I know where they can put it...)

Don't forget FF4 DSi edition and DSWare versions.