NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

First Wii Impressions

Its small, its sexy, its fun, the games look shit on my TV at the moment though. Twilight Princess looks like majoras mask, i sooo need component.

Its so sensitive which i like, the Zelda controls are wicked (my only game so far)

Was at the Tesco midnight launch, was 12th in queue, started lining up at half nine.

EDITY: How long do these bloody updates take?

EDITY: How long do these bloody updates take?

Snap. Shitting it too after reading the other chaps misfortune.

no i froze on the main menue.

~how to fix your remote problem~

shut down console remove conroller atachments and take batteries out of remote

put batteries back in and turn on the console

re sync the remote

put back in attachment (if you had one in)

2nd in the queue at Gamestation in manchester. wow its soo nice! the controllers a tiny bit fiddly, and Wii Boxing certainly tires me out. the VC Classic Control is cool and Miis rule the world!!! it actually looks like me . . . lol

just played monkey ball and Wii Sports. off to start Zelda now! :D

Snap. Shitting it too after reading the other chaps misfortune.

Hm, I updated the GAMES store I work in's console earlier, it took a while, but I didn't get any glitches.. maybe the service is goin crazy because of overload or something?

Mines been fine after the update, make sure you dont press any buttons or move the controller whilst updating (i didnt, and mine didnt glitch soo, i dunno)

i asume then it was a problem with sensor bar position.

this was not the update problem.

you can do whatever you want during an update except turn off the power

this was just a simple little problem

the update problem is only in certain units

Mine updated fine, browsed the shopping channel. Might buy Golden Axe tomorrow, too tired to fiddle with it now. Got an exam at quarter to nine. So I'm going to jump into bed. All in all well chuffed with the purchase. The Console itself is well worth the £180, wii sports is great, you seem to get loads in the box. The games I need more time with to pass real judgement. The controller is amazing, great size, shape and weight.

Only quibble, is the loading device makes a lot of noise. Fantastic can't wait to play some moer Wii later.

Mines updated fine, my ass was in knots doing it though.

The system itself is the nicest looking console ive ever seen, very polished, very sleek, controller is great, playing zelda just now, very intuitive.

Impressions Request:Could anybody with COD3/Redsteel give me a quick skinny on FPS controls? How do they compare to a controller or mouse & keyboard?

Why doesn't the blue light come on more? It's sooo sexy. It's supposed to come on when I load a disk but it doesn't. And yes the machine is quite a weighty little bugger - very easy to set up. Don't have internet access so can't play with that aspect of it. The loading of games doesn't seem as tidy as it did on the cube - minor quibble but I'll get used to it. LOVE the controls and Wii Sports is great.

Just finished anice 3/4 hour stint on my Wii.

Fecking Awsome thats all I can say.

Wii Sports feggin owns love the baseball

One thing I am upset about is that I can't play Red Steel Properly which is a Bastard becase it was the one game I was looking froward to playing Except Zelda, I can either have great Aim and crappy movment or Godo movment and shity Aim =/ nothingto do with the Wiimote/nunchuck, mainly on my part with my hand, having 3 fingers on y right hand I can't grip the nunchuck properly, can hold the wiimote ok...ish but not as to get agoodgrip on it =/

Same with Zelda too BUT I did manage to get into pretty well and i've got the ang of it, it's just Red Steel thats i'm sad about =/

But Damn the Wiii s all I wantedand i'm glad I got it, it's beautiful and the Channels are Pretty Awsome had to get my own Mii straight away, will have to find my console code out though wherever it is >>

Oh and there isn't 2,000 points in the classic controller which was a bit of a bugger

I got 2000 points from gamestation, but what do they do, are they like mircosoft gamerpoints where you can buy pics themes arcade games?

Did anyone who went to a midnight launch managed to get or see RGB Scart leads? because I plan to go hunting for one today but will not bother if it is not available.

Wait, so would it be best, if i wanted to get straight into gaming, if i DIDN'T conenct and download the update?

Had a great play on my Wii before bed last night. Wii Sports was first - I had a quick go on each of the games, and I found the control scheme a lot of fun, even if I couldn't seem to make the ball go where I wanted to in Tennis. I reckon I'll probably spend the most time on Bowling and Golf out of all of them.

Next me and my girlfriend made Miis of ourselves, which look a little bit like us; I may tweak mine later today to see if I can get it looking any better. I just hope that Nintendo updates the Mii channel, though, if only to let us change the colour of our trousers..

Finally I went on Zelda for around half an hour. I had a quick wander around the first town and spoke to some people there, but didn't really get anything constructive done. The controls definitely feel funny at first, but I'm sure I'll get used to them. Haven't got a sword yet, so I can't comment on that. I agree with the reviewers who say that its textures look a bit dodgy in some places, and Link still looks 'flipped' to me, with his parting going the wrong way, but those are only very minor quibbles. Can't wait to get my teeth into it properly this evening!

Wow, it's sexy and very small. The console and the controllers are smaller than I expected. Very nice though.

Just had a quick go on Wii Sports. It's just awesome. I'm smilling like an idiot while I'm playing. This is just fantastic.

Why the f**k am I posting on here?

Sign in to follow this