NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Rayman Raving Rabbids Thread

Had this for about 3 weeks now and its been a nice on-and-off game for me. Nothing I'd play for hours or delve into like Zelda, but it's been a good refresher when I feel like playing something else. Like Luigi's mansion, I think this game will be "phased out" as bigger badder games come out in bucket loads in 2007, but it's such a good laugh, my GF loves the way they scream lol

Oh and I can't seem to do the "pumping" games at all. Like that one where you have to shake nunchuck to pump water and shoot at oncoming rabbits, I can't get any power in the water :( And I get so tired. Every other minigame else has been good though.

My fav is the dancing floor one :D

STTTIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WAAAAAAAITTTTTTTTTING! Flipping Gameplay and their slowness. ¬_¬

It's a fun game though still not very polished if people know what I mean. Then again it's a launch title so maybe I shouldn't expect too much.

Also fairly disappointed with the graphics. This is supposed to be next gen, and they can't even make a plunger have more than 8 jagged sides?

ahh just HATE "Bunnies dont have natural rythm".. in the start its all nice and good.. but if i get hit by the bunnies or the BIG bunnie.. i dont know.. the wii mote juse "closes down".. no matter how hard i twich or swing it Rayman just stands there "doooooooooooo"... yes rayman your supposed to hit the bunnies or the radios when I move the wii mote.. not just stand there like an imbecile... have tried it over and over.. the same thing every time

Oh and I can't seem to do the "pumping" games at all. Like that one where you have to shake nunchuck to pump water and shoot at oncoming rabbits, I can't get any power in the water :( And I get so tired. Every other minigame else has been good though.

I'm good at that one, get constant pressure. Don't move the nunchuck up and down very much, just shake it.

Took me a few goes to do that one Flaighty-boy but I got there in the end... and Ive not gone back to it since. Bunnies Cant Ride a Handcart Then Fly Like Supermans funny as anything! One that I thought would be good before hand (Bunnies Cant Throw a Cow To Save Themselves) turned out to be a bit naff, maybe I need more practise at that bad boy...? :hmm:

Cow throwing is pretty hard for me on timing the release. But I can do it, just about.

I did what BlueStar said with pumping action, but I still find it impossible to be consistent, and still stupidly tiring. I think my prob is that I can't shake it quickly & consistently. So, here I am tossing one fist up and down flexing at the wrist. I don't think I'm coming across too well to ladies :o (yes, I am fully clothed and holding nunchuck...)

Im about half way through and the crowd of spectating, jeering bunnies in the collosseum has been reduced in number and severely quietened by my successes so far in their stinking challenges.

The one where i was riding on the pterodactyl and had to return three piggies back to the fold was difficult to control at first. I found Bunnies Cant Resist Jumping Out of the Ground and Blow Torching Innocent Piggies to be quite funny! Ive done a few sequels to the likes of Bunnies Are Slow to React and Bunnies Cant Close Doors... is the game running out of ideas?

The Boss Type Levels that are of the shoot em up nature are just going from strength to strength though. :hehe:

The Boss Type Levels that are of the shoot em up nature are just going from strength to strength though. :hehe:

Open all the windows, turn up the volume to max. Then grab a bunny with grapple hook and hold. Eventually your uneasy nextdoor neighbour will call the police to investigate whats been going on in your house.

Lol Flaight, Ive only caught a bunny once or twice. I did it by pure instinct (fluke) in the mine-type level and managed to release it and knock down a line of oncoming Rabbids, Wii Sports stylee. But Ill try that and see what the consequences turn out to be... :blank:

Ive done about 2/3's of this game now and its really good. I play it about two days in a sitting and maybe that helps keep it fresh. The Rabbids are too cool, they better get to feature in more games cos if they do, I could be turned into a Rayman fan.

My cell is well furnished now and just when I came back from the last day I did, there was a line of bunnies and a red carpet, I thought that was class. Its so full of character and some of the music has a hint of past Nintendo/ Rare charm about it. :smile:

Lol Flaight, Ive only caught a bunny once or twice. I did it by pure instinct (fluke) in the mine-type level and managed to release it and knock down a line of oncoming Rabbids

just a couple of times?! God, I abuse that grapple hook like a madman. I must say it kinda does make those levels a lot easier, a little too easy at times, but I never get tired of that WAAAAAH!! thing that grappled bunnie makes. Besides my GF loves it so... :awesome:

I caught a bunny or two yesterday, but I couldnt keep it long as there was lots of oncoming Rabbids that needed a plunger in the face.

Ive over 80% done now and Im an absolute hero. Like I said, around the midway mark, the spectators are bored and fed up, but now with my contined success they love me. Its really cool to be in there and see the "We Love You Ray" and whatnot around the place. And the fireworks going off over head. If only I could take a bow for them! :hehe:

Last I did was Bunnies Like to Recycle Scenery From Other Games... did it seem recycled? I wasnt so sure. If it was, I mean, sure I'd been through a few Wild Wild West themed levels already... so Im not sure what they were getting at.

Once I get the Story completed Ill be spending my free time in Score Mode trying to unlock the bonuses through that. Ive two so far, but Ive only been in Score Mode about three times so far.

(P.S. More people need to by this game, this thread keeps slipping off the first page here. Its still too early for that to happen!)

ahh just HATE "Bunnies dont have natural rythm".. in the start its all nice and good.. but if i get hit by the bunnies or the BIG bunnie.. i dont know.. the wii mote juse "closes down".. no matter how hard i twich or swing it Rayman just stands there "doooooooooooo"... yes rayman your supposed to hit the bunnies or the radios when I move the wii mote.. not just stand there like an imbecile... have tried it over and over.. the same thing every time

Thank god I am not the only one! I am SO ANNOYED by this challenge! I don't even get hit! The remote stops responding after the second lot are cleared away! GRRRAAAARRRGGHHHH! *BITE*

I'm stuck on the 2nd toilet one, where the bunnies walk past and you ahve to avoid hitting them.

Thank god I am not the only one! I am SO ANNOYED by this challenge! I don't even get hit! The remote stops responding after the second lot are cleared away! GRRRAAAARRRGGHHHH! *BITE*

Just put it on 60hz mode. I know its blurry but it helps

Finally got the game today after waiting ages for Gameplay's muck up. Just playing now as I type this. Man it's funny stuff.

Just put it on 60hz mode. I know its blurry but it helps

Does that seriously work? How does it improve the response of the Wiimote?

66% through it. Played it for about 4 hours. I'm quite addicted to it I must say. It's just really amusing and fun to play. It's so full of little bits and bats that put a smile on your face.

Ah, Domerstool joins the fray at last! :yay:

I played the last few days of this earlier. When Bunnies have no Rythm Part II came up, I was dreading it from what Ive read here. I did it on my second go though! The only hiccup first time around was that your big galoot was running about and kept ploughing into me. I Splinter Celled my way around those booty-boxes on my second go and was victorious. :smile:

I hadnt even realised Id finished it either, I quitted back to the main menu before powering it off, thinking Id left the last ten percent or that for another day... but my file read 100%! So, naturally, I was straight back in and checked the door to my cell - couldnt exit, then went to check my objective... and watched the ending and credits roll. I have a question to anyone who has completed it, what just was the ending about? :blank:

Twas a great game that Ill be dipping back into to get all the bonuses unlocked - Ive only three so far!

No idea about the ending, was a bit anticlimatic but I hear that the final bonus in score mode is impossible to unlock because it's -apparently- impossible to get 1000 points in some of the mini games!

Speaking of getting high scores: in the disco ones are you meant to time it so that you zap them with a yellow beam for more points? I mean, the preloaded high scores can be like over 2,000. Im not even sure how to time it so that its yellow every single time. :hmm:

I think you time so you move the wiimote/nunchuck just as the bunnies are going down for yellow, whereas if you move them as the bunnies come onto the platform you get white.

Try and be as late as you can.

Thanks Twilight, brother, but does that get you more points too or am I just hoping for too much? Its hard to get yellow rays anyway when you try. :angry:

Sign in to follow this