NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Rayman Raving Rabbids Thread

329572ps.gif

Rayman Raving Rabbids marks the return of the iconic video-game hero, Rayman, in his funniest and zaniest adventure ever. When the world of Rayman is threatened by a devastating invasion of crazed, out-of-control bunnies Rayman must rise up against his furry foes to foil their wicked plans. Utilizing an array of amazing new abilities, and with the help of magical creatures, Rayman must break out all the moves to save his world from these delirious bunnies and their hare-raising antics.

Features:

Combat the Ultra-Crazed Evil Rabbits – Take control of Rayman and his knack for attack to help save his world from the raving rabbids. They are mischievous, insane and completely out of control. There are several types of rabbids each with its own mischievous characteristics.

Master and Ride Creatures – Tame and control various creatures such as sharks, eagles, rhinos, spiders and angelfish. Rayman can master each animal’s unique capabilities to help in his battle against the devious rabbits.

Dress to Impress – Customize and disguise Rayman. Go punk, pop, rock or hip hop to infiltrate the bunnies and foil their devious plans.

Explore the Colorful Fantastic World of Rayman – Explore amazing free-roaming environments and beautiful epic landscapes that mix real and fantastical styles to create a visually stunning experience.

With more than 16 million copies sold to date, Rayman® is Ubisoft’s best-selling and longest-running video game franchise. Created by Ubisoft’s Game Designer Michel Ancel when he was only 19, the character with no arms and no legs has attracted gamers of all ages.

With the main game being made up of mini games was this worth the money? How long did it take you to beat? Is it really as funny as the reviews say it is? Do the Rabbids scare you at all?

The rabbids aren't scary, they're oddly cute. Kinda like Wererabbits.

Anyway. Its fun, especially multiplayer as you just watch your friends doing these things (and it helps if you're adult and can appreciate certain gestures more) and can't help but laugh. I'd imagine the single player is short, but as this unlocks the mini-games in multiplayer its one of those games you can break out from time to time and enjoy.

The rabbids aren't scary, they're oddly cute. Kinda like Wererabbits.

Anyway. Its fun, especially multiplayer as you just watch your friends doing these things (and it helps if you're adult and can appreciate certain gestures more) and can't help but laugh. I'd imagine the single player is short, but as this unlocks the mini-games in multiplayer its one of those games you can break out from time to time and enjoy.

there is a zombie one in one of the shooting chalenges :grin:

This games is awesome! I put this on after playing around on Zelda for a while and it is stupidly funny. The rabbids screams and the way they move are hilarious. Sure the game itself is just a bunch of mini games put together but its very well done. Some of them were quite hard while others I could hardly do as I was laughing too much, tossing the cow im looking in your direction here.

I'm ashamed to say I haven't played this yet — blame Zelda. Annoyingly the family TV is being used now, and I'd rather not hook my Wii up to my LCD until I have component.

Looks like I'm back to waiting...

Utterly hilarious. While minigame collections aren't exactly going to be rare on the Wii, this beat Monkey Ball for me, just because the Bunnies are much funnier.

And, to top it all off, UbiSoft have licensed several really cool songs for use in several of the games. For example, the first racing game is set to Misirlou (the song everyone associates with Pulp Fiction).

However, I do have a couple of complaints.

1. Even though the manual says that Story Mode saves after completing a minigame, that's not true at all. Or if it is, it doesn't always work.

2. Some of the games are really, really frustrating. Or, use the Nunchuk when the Remote would have made much more sense (and been more accurate - I'm looking at you, 'Bunnies Don't Close Doors').

Very very good, haven't seen any problems at all. I can't even say that for Zelda all the time.

Of course, I've got my Wii set to 60Hz. Make sure you do that on the Wii Settings page. For some reason Nintendo still thinks everyone has 50Hz TVs...

I think that Nintendo ships by default with 50Hz because all TVs will display 50Hz, whereas if if came by default with 60Hz and you only had an old TV then you wouldn't be able see anything in order to change it.

I've never played Rayman but I'm thinking about this now, not that I can really afford another game at the moment.

Like evryone else, loving this game - and haven't even played multiplayer yet!! Also, the easy difficulty doesn't bother me cause it's just so much fun, I just hope the multipayer is good enough to keep it going. But if not it's still great to have.

I asked for, and know im getting this for christmas (as my dad left this and Zelda lying on the worktop) looknig forward to it definitely, looks hell of fun.

My girlfriend and I are liking it a lot. A lot of aspects of this game make it stand out. Like the humor and the pick up and play ease to name just a few.

I like it how all minigames are perfectly doable. Some of them can seem really hard at first ( like the one where you have to close the doors to keep rabbits in their toilet house, or the one where you have to roll a ball trough a maze in less then 30 seconds.), but after trying a few times and getting the play method right, it's possible :).

All in all, this game is great. A good mix of easy and harder games and a lot of humor.

Nice one Ubi!

:( The awesome bunny invasion shirt is for girls only :/

Gutted, Id like a blue one! Still, the other mens ones look groovy too. I might get my girl an invasion one in the new year - get her introduced to this game first lol then she'll love her game accessory, oh yes.

One of the biggest surprises of the Wii launch games for me. Thought it was going to be 'ok' but i'm pleased to say it's absolutely superb so far and the mini-games are very varied.

Watching my mum running as fast as she could was a sight to behold, HILARIOUS.

Got some spare Xmas cash? Then i suggest buying this.

GAME never sent my Rayman. It's still down as Preorder. I wonder if they didn't get that many copies in. It's the first time anything like this has happened with GAME.co.uk for me.

I got my preordered copy from game haven't played it yet. Because I preordered ages ago when you could preorder the consoles.

Sign in to follow this