Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess

Hero-of-Time

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop trying to find flaws in everything, it's only worse for you, you're the ones who enjoy the games less.

if we had rep points i would give you one for that post.

anyway i'm now trying to finish all side quests and compleate the game 100% only 15 more pieces of heart half done the poes and 3/4 done the bugs.

Just about to enter the final temple now, after the fun but disappointingly short eighth one. I also completed that 50 floor place on my first try last night, with about seven hearts to spare. The last few floors were so hard! Glad I had enough potion. Anyway, about 55 hours on the clock now. 8 bugs, 6 poes and 10 heart pieces left.

Ocarina of Time was a great experience. at the time, it didn't matter if it actually made any sense. You saw a fantastic fantasy-world in three dimensions. Now if you look at it now, it seemed kind of silly. But I still found it a great experience. I know I laughed when Darunia 'tapped' link's shoulder aand called him Brother. I kno wI cried when the Deku Tree went grey and dead. I now I cheered when the Deku Tree Blossom came from the ground. I know I hated it that I could not save the game after I completed it. I know I loved this game.

Now, Twilight Princess did have some of those really powerfull moments. But a moment like the Deku Tree dying is a moment that gives the sense of urge. there could be more lives on the line. Saving the gorons from their curse by ganondorf - no food - gave a sense of urgency. A destroyed Castle Town after seven years and a Ganon's Tower, that gave a sense of urgency. Ther's not really much giving you that sense of urgency except Midna lying on your back, dying, and you having to bring her to princess Zelda. And in that perspective, Twilight Princess is lacking a bit of the old feel-blue-and-then-good-feel.

Still a great game, though, with a grand world to discover and more sense of discovery, but less urgency. And I'm sure they could have done that if there was an important town that was completely devastated after the Twilight or a part of the world that could not be freed from the Twilight's evil curse. And no, hyrule castle doesn't count. A part that you could enter and leave whenever you wanted to. Gorons with a threatening problem. Zora's with a treatening problem. That would have poked the urgency-level to the top. And it would have bein wonderfull if they pulled it off. I think thaat's why Ocarina of Time stand out above Twilight Princess for me.

I swear that's what I've been saying all along only to be shot down for it?

There's a difference in stating it and giving arguments for it. i also had a constant reminder that it was how I felt. But we're not doing that discussion again, okay :wink.

It's not a matter of being predictable, just a matter of making total sense.

I don't agree with the "impending doom" argument. I thnk that's clichéd and it's good to see something different. Everyone is living without knowing that something dangerous is about to happen. The kakariko village got decimated, Gorons were without their leader, the Zoras were frozen and without a leader, so there is a sense of bad things happening, it's not happy go lucky.

You have to look at it from the viewpoint of Hyrule Castle Town (the majority of inhabitants in Hyrule). They haven't got a clue that anything is wrong and are going about their daily business without a care in the world. Pretty much ignoring the giant diamond forcefield over the castle. The Gorons are just as happy, their lives are fine after Link helps them out and their biggest concern is getting hot spring water. The Zora's lost their queen fair enough but apart from that they think everything is hunky dory as well.

Bad things happening to the Gorons and Zoras maybe, but as soon as you fix them (in the second and third dungeons), that's it, those dangers have been fixed.

Then we're left with Link and Midna on a quest to... save Hyrule from a supposed threat by Zant (even though they never really show what either bad guy is doing to their land). No one in the land is any wiser as to what Link is up to which makes it a bit of a selfish quest, not to mention an impersonal one and to me, an un-epic (yes that's probably not a word) one.

I had to laugh when you opened the boss door at Hyrule Castle and made your way up those giant steps. Remember the thunder, lightning and intimidation present in the sky? I thought to myself, it's a bit late now! At the end of the game they show that the land is in turmoil (after the Twilight bits at the beginning I mean). Was Zant and Ganon just going to be sitting in those chairs for all eternity doing very little? Probably, the way the game was planned.

Jasper: fair enough ;)

Now that's not true! What you said in the spoiler was a lie. I think it was a great moment. yes, I agree it could have bein in the entire game. But that would have bein boring, too. I don't think that the tribes feel threatened. Yes, there's a looming danger - and people don't notice it. It's there, but I don't think it's important. It's important that you can feel with everyone in the game - and that's not there. Those are my thought, and I don't know if you'de give a penny for them. It's a nice game overaall, though the destroyed villages once in a while would have bein nicer..

First part of OoT: Collecting Sacred Stones

Second part of OoT: Collecting Medallions.

Considering that, couldn't you also say that the entire game was blatantly added to prolong the game?

No my point was that's what Zelda games are about. Going around collecting things.

1st part of TP: collecting fused shadows.

2nd part of TP: collecting mirror pieces.

Same with LOZ, AOL, ALTTP, MC etc etc..

Now that's not true! What you said in the spoiler was a lie. I think it was a great moment. yes, I agree it could have bein in the entire game. But that would have bein boring, too. I don't think that the tribes feel threatened. Yes, there's a looming danger - and people don't notice it. It's there, but I don't think it's important. It's important that you can feel with everyone in the game - and that's not there. Those are my thought, and I don't know if you'de give a penny for them. It's a nice game overaall, though the destroyed villages once in a while would have bein nicer..

Sorry, what was a lie?

we are talking about the skyline just before Ganon right?

I don't remember saying that at all! I thought it was a brilliant moment. All I meant was leaving that intimidating skyline/storms/lightning till the last second was a bit of a shame. Having that sort of skyline from around the sky temple time would have done wonders I think. It would have showed that Link was on a clock and bad things really were happening. A comment like that from Midna would have done the trick.

Then we're left with Link and Midna on a quest to... save Hyrule from a supposed threat by Zant (even though they never really show what either bad guy is doing to their land). No one in the land is any wiser as to what Link is up to which makes it a bit of a selfish quest, not to mention an impersonal one and to me, an un-epic (yes that's probably not a word) one.

Er... Zant ursurped the Twilight throne, turned all its citizens into mindless monsters and threatned to turn all Hyrule into Twilight territory.

Er... Zant ursurped the Twilight throne, turned all its citizens into mindless monsters and threatned to turn all Hyrule into Twilight territory.

Threatened? He fails just because some miserable pikachu-modelled creatures restore light. He's so dumb: why doesn't he store the light in a safe place and not in god-damned bugs? I don't really feel the thread of Zant. There's no real thread. You don't notice the twilight creatures, taaking of the throne and the taking of Hyruel. The first one, yes, that can be found in the beginning of the game. yet it never feels like a thread to me. It feels like something you need to let dissapear. No need for it elseway. Now if the Twilight would take pieces of land and not the entire world - and you couldn't restore it - that would be great. If you enter it, you become wolf, if you leave, link. Untill you get the chance to switch between wolf and human form. This would be awesome.

Sorry, I jsut don't feel the thread. Not like OoT's burned-down Castle Town, not like the angry clouds above the once-hyrule castle and now ganon-tower. No frozen (and unfreezable) Zora's Domain. No empty Goron City (No Goron City, that is). No creature-infested village (Kokoriki Forest). Sorry, but I miss the thread created like in OoT...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!