NEurope
Ashley

Wii Connects to Nintendo VIP

Just stole this from the news article I posted;

It seems Nintendo haven't forgotten about their frankly unsatisfying Nintendo VIP service available in Europe just yet!

When you connect your Wii to the Virtual Console for the first time it asks you if you wish to "link" your account to the Nintendo VIP service that started in Europe when the GameCube came out. You put in your email address and password, and, providing it is valid, it links the two.

However, there does not currently appear to be a use. Whether this changes when the Wii officially comes out Friday, remains to be seen. Hopefully it will result in the otherwise largely useless 'stars' you collect being usable to redeem against games from the Virtual Console. We'll update you as we know more.

In other Virtual Console news you can, as previously mention, purchase points with either a Wii Points Card, or a credit card (currently only Visa and MasterCard are accepted). You can buy points in three denominations; £6.99 for 1000 points, £21 for 3000 and £35. The system will allow you to have a maximum of 10000 points at a time, but with the small selection thus far, it’s unlikely that you will need all those.

As I have tons of stars this is good news, I was hoping for more ways of obtaining Wii Points rather than just having to pay

Yeah this is good news. Hopefully NoE will redesign their site too and just make everything work together.

I saw VIP points in the european Zelda

Mhm and in Wii Sports and the console itself.

Well that kinda goes against the idea for Star Transfers

Did the My Nintendo Linkup do anything for the Americans?

Ohhh, i like this idea, hopfully ya will be able to use ya points for ala trading for VC games, finally i can spend my 11,000 points of somthing, every time nintendo offer somting decent i miss it, now at least i could get mario or what not, lets hope, only a few days left.....the.....wait...is......to...looong!

Well that kinda goes against the idea for Star Transfers

Did the My Nintendo Linkup do anything for the Americans?

As far as im aware there isn't one in America.

Perhaps its not games, but goodies? Like you can download Zelda backgrounds for your Wii homepage if you register Zelda.

Well they still register their games and they link it up, thats what I was referring to really...and thats whats likely to happen here...whatever happened there

Mhm and in Wii Sports and the console itself.

How many points with the game and console? Same as with GC?

250 for Wii, 250 for Wii Sports. So the same 500 as GC, just split.

Can you still get points for logging on daily?

A whopping 5 if I remember correctly.

When the Gamecube first launched you got 1,000 pts for registering then it was changed to 500 pts. This Might* be the case with the Nintendo Wii as well.

I logged in Yesterday to check what i was on, im just short of 4k.

Hey, aslong as i can use them for something im not too fussed.

VIP wasnt around at gamecube launch ... or was it? At least the controllers didnt have any.

When batallion wars had no VIP points i thought they would phase it out but looks like minds change

VIP wasnt around at gamecube launch ... or was it? At least the controllers didnt have any.

When batallion wars had no VIP points i thought they would phase it out but looks like minds change

Wierd, how did I register on the 4th of May 2002 with 1000 points.

Wierd, how did I register on the 4th of May 2002 with 1000 points.

I must have not bothered. Wasnt a nintendo maniac back then. Now I'll do anything for a mario ring tone or silver sp key ring ;)

VIP was around when the GameCube launched.

I got VIP Points with my Battalion Wars (was pre-owned, too..but they hadn't been used).

wohoo, at last i might finally be able to spend some Stars, they better give us a better service this time around cuz during the GC era it was wack :heh:

The US and Japan DO have a loyalty scheme i think - the better named "My Nintendo". I think it works in the same way, only instead of ringtones, wallpapers and other such shite, they get limted edition controllers, memorabilia and other such greatness.

VIP started at with the GameCube launch. It sounded like a really good idea when they announced it but it turned out to be shit mostly.

I was kinda wondering if they would continue with the VIP Stars so this confirms that they will be. Hopefully I can get some VC games with my 13,745 stars.