NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

The Uk Wii First Impression Diary Thread

This is a few days early (only a few days left :bouncy:) I know. But i thought It would make a great thread if we all post a little summary of our first few hours with the wii

EG:

23:30 froze to death outside game while FSOAB manager perspired over a kebab inside the store.

00:00 Same store manager took hundreds of pounds off me (again) without barely saying thank you (again)

00:30 Ran around dancing a little jig to the wii start up chime.

if we can all post our impressions in this format... it'd make a great read and save the inevitable 40 million 'impressions' thread we'll get on friday.

eg. 6 days waiting.

this thread duty should go to the first person who gets theirs home and has the balls to come on the internet and boast instead of playing his or her Wii.

eg. 6 days waiting.

this thread duty should go to the first person who gets theirs home and has the balls to come on the internet and boast instead of playing his or her Wii.

well.... with a wireless laptop you can effetively do both

Yeah, we should wait.

sod waiting.... we've done years of that... the time to wait is over. : peace:

Anything short of a time machine makes this thread 5 days early. Simple as that.

You can say sod waiting all you want. You'll be lucky if the street date is broken by more than a day.

sod waiting.... we've done years of that... the time to wait is over. : peace:

Well you've still go another 5 days to wait.

Ill be sat about 97cm to the left of here when playing my Wii, because of my room's layout. So i'll be on MSN/Xfire/N-E all night telling people.

I'll be downstairs, on the BIIIIIIIIIIIIG HD LCD TV. Playing Zelda. And if Opera is up and running for launch, then I'll go on the forum using it.

I'll be downstairs, on the BIIIIIIIIIIIIG HD LCD TV. Playing Zelda. And if Opera is up and running for launch, then I'll go on the forum using it.

I hope you've got a component cable ordered.

Photos please. With you in them ideally for proof.

That is awesome that they've shipped to retailers.

I'm gonna be on the phone on Monday :) with a bit of smooth talking and confidence I'll get them to break the street date.

Congratulations.. I think you're the first European consumer to play their own Wii! You might get blog rolled if you want.

I'll be sat about 2/3 feet backwards away from where im sat now playing my Wii.

All i have to do is move back, and use a remote to turn the Wii on and change the tv's input via remote.

First though, if i buy it and its any good, i'll have to move a little switch to change the component from the 360 to the Wii if its not already on it. Which it will be anyway.

So if i wanted i could be on here, but why would I :heh:

If Opera is working as its been mentioned I'll click onto here and boast how im doing it, even though by the time I would do it plenty of peopel will have done the same thing.

Today i saw the Wii with my own eyes......... i held the Wiimote :love:

I can't believe how small they all are! They look and feel amazing i've not seen the nunchuk yet but i'm sure it will surprise me 2. Friday can't come quick enough!!!

Oh and i can confirm that UK demo pods are indeed connected via component.

Of course they are.. they want to show their product off in the best light.

They're hardly gonna cost cut a few hundred quid on something that important.

I tried the Wii today, in Toys R Us. I was amazed by how small, and comfortable the controller is. I tried a quick match of Wii Sports Tennis with the attendant, and it was amazing, I actually started jumping around a little, like I was actually playing tennis. So now that I have tried the Wii, I'm even more excited for the 8th. Oh, and It was quite funny, the attendant said that I should use the wrist strap, but that it couldn't be tightended, which it actually could! He apparently didn't notice the little plastic thingie, and he didn't even know that the controller attachment was called the nunchuck. All in all, it was an amazing first esperience, albeit a short one.

Today i saw the Wii with my own eyes......... i held the Wiimote :love:

I can't believe how small they all are! They look and feel amazing i've not seen the nunchuk yet but i'm sure it will surprise me 2. Friday can't come quick enough!!!

I played one today. The wiimote is really tiny!

I did the same as the ds, i played it a couple days/weeks before it came out on the demo pods. I ruined my experienceo f playing it first in my room, but it was worth it cos it made me want it more and made me excited.

Do you know what TV's the demo pods use?

Ill be sat about 97cm to the left of here when playing my Wii, because of my room's layout. So i'll be on MSN/Xfire/N-E all night telling people.

I'll be in the same chair since my TV doubles as my second monitor :santa:

I could be playing my own Wii at home this time tomorrow, fingers crossed. If so, I will indeed take a picture and post it here.

My sister and cousin are telling me the Game in town has a Wii demo pod, or at least a Wii console in it. I'm going to interrogate them more and pop in to find out more. Demo pods will pop up sometime this week, hopefully earlier rather than later.

I'll take my camera along and get some pics if there's one there.

Do you know what TV's the demo pods use?

So far Nintendo have used Sharp Aquos TVs in everything to do with the Wii, so it'll probably be those.

I played wii sports with my sis, i may actaully have to get one earlier then i thought it was kinda fun.

First impressions:

Damn the Wii-mote and nunchuk are tiny. I've got my Wii at home all set up, but since I don't have any games yet I've only played Wii Sports and made a Mii. Loaded up CoD3 for a bit but...well perhaps I had the remote sensitivity a bit too high. Plus sitting back from the TV wasn't great for WWII shooting, I kept leaning forward to get a closer view, even when zooming in.

Hopefully I'll get Rayman and Zelda today!

Sign in to follow this