NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ultrajamie

The Uk Wii First Impression Diary Thread

First impressions:

Damn the Wii-mote and nunchuk are tiny. I've got my Wii at home all set up, but since I don't have any games yet I've only played Wii Sports and made a Mii. Loaded up CoD3 for a bit but...well perhaps I had the remote sensitivity a bit too high. Plus sitting back from the TV wasn't great for WWII shooting, I kept leaning forward to get a closer view, even when zooming in.

Hopefully I'll get Rayman and Zelda today!

I also did that when playing COD3 in the store. I found it fun that when i aimed or went to shoot I wanted to lift my arm up and aim properly. Like with the wiimote against my eye.

Also I wanted to actually swing the wiimote to melee, but i had to press down which was annoying. Maybe they'd just set it to that, but it didnt feel good.

Today, i popped into my local gamestation (shrewsbury). After a brief chat about the Wii, the chap asked "would you like to see the controller"? Hell, would I!

Verdict: Tiny. Its far smaller than I thought. And its very, very comfortable. It does seem extremely odd at first though.

Only two bad points. 1, i didnt get to play anything with it. 2, I couldnt take it with me.

Sign in to follow this