NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kaxxx

360 HD-DVD Drive

My preorder was cancelled by Tescos, was a bit miffed at first but thought i would just leave it to the New Year until they are more widely available.

Popped out at lunchtime today for a bite to eat and when i was walking back to the car i decided to call into Smyths Toy Store to have a look at the games etc. Thought i would chance my arm and ask if they had any HD DVD drives. Lo and behold, they had one delivered and no-one had preordered or came in to buy one this morning.

Thank you Mr Smyth, youve made my day! :D

I had a trip into town earlier today. Nothing anywhere as I expected. Checked two Game stores, Tesco, Gamestation, WH Smiths, Woolworths, HMV, Virgin Megastores, Comet, Currys, PC World... the list goes on.

Microsoft really ought to pull their fingers out, these shortages are annoying. I mean, I have the bloody money right here waiting for them to snap it off me but nooooo, they insist on not supplying my demand and therefore I'm stuck in SD DVD land for the time being. I guess the £130 will come in handy next week for the Wii launch, but still. STILL!

This does deserve it's own thread. We can all stalk online stores for the things!

Microsoft lady came in today and mentioned stock was short. Didn't mention why/what they were doing about it, just that it was short.

Ah, I will get mine in the new year. I hope to get Superman Returns, M:I:III and Superman II Donner Cut to go with it, (and King Kong if they still supply it with the player).

Microsoft lady came in today and mentioned stock was short. Didn't mention why/what they were doing about it, just that it was short.

That sounds quite comical.

"Hi, i'm from microsoft. I am also a woman. I have to come to confirm that stock is indeed short. Good day to you."

And then she walks out, see.

Anyway, i just checked HMV.co.uk.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=587770

Limited Availability: Due to a limited supply of this item from Microsoft, we are unlikely to be able to fulfil any further orders before Christmas 2006. We will, of course, endeavour to get your order of this item to you as soon as we receive additional shipments from the supplier, on a first-come, first-served basis.

Maybe it's worth holding back on purchasing one of these until the new year?

Well screw you then Microsoft I wont buy one then. This was going to be my xmas present for this year, I'll just get something else now.

I had a trip into town earlier today. Nothing anywhere as I expected. Checked two Game stores, Tesco, Gamestation, WH Smiths, Woolworths, HMV, Virgin Megastores, Comet, Currys, PC World... the list goes on.

Microsoft really ought to pull their fingers out, these shortages are annoying. I mean, I have the bloody money right here waiting for them to snap it off me but nooooo, they insist on not supplying my demand and therefore I'm stuck in SD DVD land for the time being. I guess the £130 will come in handy next week for the Wii launch, but still. STILL!

This does deserve it's own thread. We can all stalk online stores for the things!

And what may I ask happened to you seeing sense and realising they're a pointless waste of money at the moment?

I read an interview with Chris Lewis which said because most people don't have hdtv, they will be be slow with stock at first with the majority going to america. And apparently you need an hdtv according to him to make one work.

Shame really I really wanted Van Hellsing in HD

That sounds quite comical.

"Hi, i'm from microsoft. I am also a woman. I have to come to confirm that stock is indeed short. Good day to you."

And then she walks out, see.

Nah she takes photos, tries to put Microsoft POS in front/on top of Nintendo POS and fails to defend the shodiness of the Viva Pinata special edition case. And she sees the price and see-a-bility of Microsoft accessories.

And what may I ask happened to you seeing sense and realising they're a pointless waste of money at the moment?

I am a hopeless consumer whore.

Nah she takes photos, tries to put Microsoft POS in front/on top of Nintendo POS and fails to defend the shodiness of the Viva Pinata special edition case. And she sees the price and see-a-bility of Microsoft accessories.

I like that case. The special edition in Tesco also cost me less than the standard edition in Game. It's not gonna break unless you start being super rough with it and it's really cool how the manuals and inserts are all curved at the top because of the shape.

Image for anyone who fancies a look:

img0986md4.jpg

Whats her name/what does she look like? I cant remember who deals with the Midlands....

________

Mercedes-Benz R230

Edited by Johelian

Whats her name/what does she look like? I cant remember who deals with the Midlands....

Late 30s, maybe even early 40s. Nice friendly lady. Dark blonde maybe brunette hair. Short bob like style. Don't really pay attention.

And I said, he name is "Microsoft Lady".

The problem is Microsoft werent counting on people hacking the drive to work on PCs, its added massively to the number of people buying them up!

£130 for a HD-DVD drive is a bargain, and the only reasonably priced way to get High Defenition video at the moment.

The problem is Microsoft werent counting on people hacking the drive to work on PCs, its added massively to the number of people buying them up!

£130 for a HD-DVD drive is a bargain, and the only reasonably priced way to get High Defenition video at the moment.

Yes they were, it works natively on Vista and on XP you just need to install toshiba HD DVD drivers. O_o

Think I'll wait a couple of months before I get one, I'm going to make sure I have a HDTV in my room before I get one, don't want to have to take the Xbox downstairs every time I want to use it.

Sign in to follow this